Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:50 AM

118 posts, read 210,759 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

So I met a really good looking girl through POF. We went on several dates (she kept agreeing to more dates). It was going pretty decent but I noticed one thing..she seems to be hot and Cold. One week she's texting me every day asking me what's up how's work etc. And the next week I won't hear from her for 3 days.

This has made me question whether she even likes me or is even interested. In person she's fine, says she likes me and even told her parents about me allegedly. I've talked to her about the texting a few times and she told me she's a "bad texter" and I should just double text.

On the 3rd date she revealed to me she has chronic depression, but we really didn't talk about it and I didn't ask any questions..but from what I've read, what she's doing is the exact symptoms of someone with depression.

Anyways, this past week she has been particularly cold and distant. She told me she has her daughter this past weekend and cannot hang out..however she posted on social media her going out for drinks with her friends on Friday night and hanging out with other friends Saturday. I didn't hear from her at all all weekend..however, when I do text she responds immediately.

To make a long story short, this back and forth has been going on since the end of August. Things have been progressing to slowly for me personally (haven't slept together, haven't been to her house, I see her once a week maybe).

I tried to talk to her about it again Sunday and I got ignored...needlesa to say, I got angry and told her things weren't working for me and in more words than one, have a nice life. I wasn't rude at all. She didn't say anything and has continued to ignore me. I sent a couple of texts asking if she's going to say anything and if she needs to talk, I'm here. I've been left on "unread"

She looked directly into my eyes before and said "I really like you". Also, I've asked her why she's ignoring me and she told me it was depression and doesn't have anything to do with me yet I'm the one being ignored...

I'm feeling kind of bad about my decision because I really liked this girl and we never really got a chance to progress.

Do I just move on? Or could this be depression and I should try to reach out again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadwell10201 View Post
Hello all,

So I met a really good looking girl through POF. We went on several dates (she kept agreeing to more dates). It was going pretty decent but I noticed one thing..she seems to be hot and Cold. One week she's texting me every day asking me what's up how's work etc. And the next week I won't hear from her for 3 days.

This has made me question whether she even likes me or is even interested. In person she's fine, says she likes me and even told her parents about me allegedly. I've talked to her about the texting a few times and she told me she's a "bad texter" and I should just double text.

On the 3rd date she revealed to me she has chronic depression, but we really didn't talk about it and I didn't ask any questions..but from what I've read, what she's doing is the exact symptoms of someone with depression.

Anyways, this past week she has been particularly cold and distant. She told me she has her daughter this past weekend and cannot hang out..however she posted on social media her going out for drinks with her friends on Friday night and hanging out with other friends Saturday. I didn't hear from her at all all weekend..however, when I do text she responds immediately.

To make a long story short, this back and forth has been going on since the end of August. Things have been progressing to slowly for me personally (haven't slept together, haven't been to her house, I see her once a week maybe).

I tried to talk to her about it again Sunday and I got ignored...needlesa to say, I got angry and told her things weren't working for me and in more words than one, have a nice life. I wasn't rude at all. She didn't say anything and has continued to ignore me. I sent a couple of texts asking if she's going to say anything and if she needs to talk, I'm here. I've been left on "unread"

She looked directly into my eyes before and said "I really like you". Also, I've asked her why she's ignoring me and she told me it was depression and doesn't have anything to do with me yet I'm the one being ignored...

I'm feeling kind of bad about my decision because I really liked this girl and we never really got a chance to progress.

Do I just move on? Or could this be depression and I should try to reach out again?
This is probably as good as it gets. You're supposed to be in that giddy honeymoon phase, where people are on their best behavior.

Like it or not, her being good looking simply cannot outweigh these other factors. Why sign up to potentially deal with this every day for the rest of your life if you don't have to???

Old 10-10-2019, 03:13 PM

4,025 posts, read 3,303,002 times
It could be depression, but women who have borderline personality also are very hot or cold. In either case, one of the reasons I date women is to discover these types of problems. You are early enough in the process to get out. I would do so. There are plenty of women who don't have these issues date one of them.

Old 10-10-2019, 03:16 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,223 times
You dodged a bullet. You need to move on.You don't want to deal with someone who has this going on.

Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,019,200 times
I think she has ghosted you. She's not responding to you anymore. It always stings a little...no doubt, but between the two of you...you're avoiding a land mine.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:27 PM

277 posts, read 773,302 times
I dated a girl like this. I saw the signs right away, but I was trooper for 3 months because she was gorgeous and the sex was wild. Eventually the hot/cold behavior was eating away at me too much and I knew that it would NEVER get any better. I moved on and I would advise you cut your losses and move on too.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 PM

6,452 posts, read 3,971,294 times
Would you even be asking this if she wasn't "really good looking," or would you have dropped her without a second thought?

Look, being with someone who's depressed is rough. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. Let it go.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:03 PM

4,025 posts, read 3,303,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Would you even be asking this if she wasn't "really good looking," or would you have dropped her without a second thought?

Look, being with someone who's depressed is rough. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. Let it go.

This is really excellent advice. At the same time, my experience is that some males don't actually internalize it until they get dragged into this type of problem much more deeply, realize how difficult it has become to extricate themselves from this problem and then resolve to never make this mistake again.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
Quote:
Hello all,

This probably could be depression but you should just move on and find someone more available for you.

Old 10-11-2019, 07:42 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,386,233 times
Quote:
Hello all,

By telling her the relationship isn't working for her and to have a good life, you essentially ended the relationship. So no, I would not expect her to respond to your text messages of "if you need to talk, I'm here".

Just let it go and move on. Delete the text messages and remove her from your contacts. Out of sight, out of mind. You weren't happy with how the relationship was progressing anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships