Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 10:47 PM

151 posts, read 46,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
And maybe add some security lighting in back, along the bike path.
Nah, I'm getting a pit bull. You don't have to reload it or worry about firing in the dark. It's sort of weird, I'm actually concerned about this girl showing up here. She legit rattled me today when she was leaving the office. She said some stuff to me that was straight up crazy.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Pinball View Post

I don't need to be absolved. Since when is consensual sex between adults something that one needs to be absolved of?
You tell me?! You're the one who wouldn't even admit it until almost the end of your first thread.

Quote:

I won't own it because it's not true. "Really really wanted her?" I mean, I was into her and I found her attractive. But I would have waited for our relationship to progress a lot before even bringing up having sex. That's just how I am. She's the one who initiated it. What am I supposed to do? Push her off of me and tell her no? She consented and so did I. It's not your little "sex starved" scenario you're trying to paint me into.
That's not what you indicated in your first thread. I can't quote it since it was locked, but here's what you wrote:

See, I know that you're 100% correct, that doesn't mean that I'm capable of fending off temptations. And, I think it's fair to say that, a person who you find very attractive and with whom you enjoy conversing, presents a sizable temptation.

I've never considered myself someone who lacks self control. That's the truth. I've always been very composed. But, this girl is flat out beautiful and, as I've said so many times before, she is fun to be around and talk with. So yeah, I let myself slip. No doubt about it.

In fact, you were SO tempted that after multiple posts with people saying "No! Run!" you still wrote this:

I suppose, I'll ask this. If you were in my position, would you give it one more shot, just to find out if there's any potential?

I'm attracted to her because she's very physically attractive. In addition, we have really great conversations.

And let's not forget the despairing mindset you reached halfway through the first thread:

I know that people have been single longer than me. I'm not stupid, I know that. But, when you live with someone for 11 years and they're in your life everyday, you wake up to them and go to sleep with them. You really begin to love having that closeness with someone. And I miss it terribly. I thought after 2 years of being alone that it would get easier, but it hasn't. Now I'm in my mid 40s and I feel like I'll never find anyone. I'll be alone forever and that's kind of scary for me.

Your repeated use of the word "temptation" shows that you knew this interaction was not exactly the "right" thing to do.

Quote:
That's what you get from me? That I have feelings of superiority?
Well, yeah.

That's what you aren't getting! The way you INTEND for your comments to be taken and they way they come off are very different.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:53 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Quote:
Nah, I'm getting a pit bull. You don't have to reload it or worry about firing in the dark. It's sort of weird, I'm actually concerned about this girl showing up here. She legit rattled me today when she was leaving the office. She said some stuff to me that was straight up crazy.
You probably think she deserves a destroyed career because she sent you 50 texts and had sex with you? Not a shred of guilt huh?

Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
You tell me?! You're the one who wouldn't even admit it until almost the end of your first thread.

That's not what you indicated in your first thread. I can't quote it since it was locked, but here's what you wrote:

See, I know that you're 100% correct, that doesn't mean that I'm capable of fending off temptations. And, I think it's fair to say that, a person who you find very attractive and with whom you enjoy conversing, presents a sizable temptation.

I've never considered myself someone who lacks self control. That's the truth. I've always been very composed. But, this girl is flat out beautiful and, as I've said so many times before, she is fun to be around and talk with. So yeah, I let myself slip. No doubt about it.

In fact, you were SO tempted that after multiple posts with people saying "No! Run!" you still wrote this:

I suppose, I'll ask this. If you were in my position, would you give it one more shot, just to find out if there's any potential?

I'm attracted to her because she's very physically attractive. In addition, we have really great conversations.

And let's not forget the despairing mindset you reached halfway through the first thread:

I know that people have been single longer than me. I'm not stupid, I know that. But, when you live with someone for 11 years and they're in your life everyday, you wake up to them and go to sleep with them. You really begin to love having that closeness with someone. And I miss it terribly. I thought after 2 years of being alone that it would get easier, but it hasn't. Now I'm in my mid 40s and I feel like I'll never find anyone. I'll be alone forever and that's kind of scary for me.

Your repeated use of the word "temptation" shows that you knew this interaction was not exactly the "right" thing to do.
I said she's flat out attractive because she is. By any standard this girl is beautiful. Like, super model attractive. Of course that's a temptation. For any man with a pulse that would be a temptation. But the sexual aspect was not at the forefront for me. I genuinely liked talking with her and it was companionship that I was really seeking. Never was I trying to hookup with her. Sex was something I wasn't considering at that stage. You're trying to make me out to be something I'm not and I don't know why.

And yeah, I don't think anyone wants to grow old alone, and the prospect of it can be a little scary. Still though, none of that paints me as the person you're trying to portray me as.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Not a shred of guilt huh?
Why would I feel guilt? I did nothing wrong.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I said she's flat out attractive because she is. By any standard this girl is beautiful. Like, super model attractive. Of course that's a temptation. For any man with a pulse that would be a temptation. But the sexual aspect was not at the forefront for me. I genuinely liked talking with her and it was companionship that I was really seeking. Never was I trying to hookup with her. Sex was something I wasn't considering at that stage. You're trying to make me out to be something I'm not and I don't know why.

And yeah, I don't think anyone wants to grow old alone, and the prospect of it can be a little scary. Still though, none of that paints me as the person you're trying to portray me as.
***sigh***

I'm not TRYING to portray you as anything. I'm reflecting back what you've shown us here on this subforum. YOU are the one who can't/won't see it.

For some reason, you don't want to be like a regular guy. You seem to have this need to be seen as the good guy. But surprise! Normal good guys can hook up. It happens. That's what you did.

Yes, you wanted a relationship and yes, normally, you don't *gasp* hook up. We get that.

But guess what dude - this time you did! With the kook who had barely been employed at your company for a month.

So get over it and OWN IT. And REALLY learn from it. At some point you HAVE to acknowledge your role in this so you CAN learn from it.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Quote:
Why would I feel guilt? I did nothing wrong.
In your eyes you did nothing wrong.

I cant believe you feel no guilt. Its shocking.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Trust me, I have a freshly adjusted crazy detector after this whole fiasco.
This is ALL your fault. No one else. If I were the boss, I’d fire you both. I’m not paying you guys to hookup and create drama at the workplace. And the fact you’re in my office talking about this BS shenanigans waisting company time/money would infuriate me.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:12 PM

I just want a nice country girl who likes to ride horses and is close to her family. Someone who has a good head on her shoulders and isn't clingy. I need to get out of the city...like, soon.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
But surprise! Normal good guys can hook up. It happens. That's what you did.
She was the first person that I have ever hooked up with. My other relationships weren't like that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships