Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 11:57 PM

151 posts, read 46,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I stand corrected. He indirectly asked her to move along by ignoring her, but could've been more direct by saying it in plain words.
Again, something I considered. But by the point, I had realized that she just wasn't quite right. I honestly believed that engaging with her would have made things worse. Maybe I was wrong, who knows. I did what I thought was best by just ignoring her. There's no point in looking back now. I still don't think talking with her would have done any good at all.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Im sure this is not a one sided skewed version of events or any such thing.
Well, yeah, our divorce was nasty. You want to hear about it? Probably not. But she brought the divorce into the workplace and did some damage and hurt business relationships that had to be repaired. It could have cost the company a lot of money. Fortunately, my clients know me very well and things remained on track.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:07 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Pinball View Post
Well, yeah, our divorce was nasty. You want to hear about it? Probably not. But she brought the divorce into the workplace and did some damage and hurt business relationships that had to be repaired. It could have cost the company a lot of money. Fortunately, my clients know me very well and things remained on track.
"Dont cross Big Dick Tommy! Or you'll never work in this town again. And its YOUR fault!"

Im steering clear. Good luck, if she lawyers up.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:09 AM

17,747 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
My exwife, who is also in marketing, joined the company shortly after we were married. She was with them for almost the entire length of our marriage. Our working relationship was nothing but exceptional. Until the divorce was filed. She was fired because she went to my clients, personally and told them what a terrible person I was, aired our dirty laundry and said I was dishonest and to be careful. No matter how nasty a divorce is, you don't do that, ever. She was flat out black listed from every marketing firm in this city and probably a few others for what she did. That wasn't my fault. None of that was my fault. I didn't get her fired, she did it to herself. So did this girl.
But why was it necessary to get your ex-wife blacklisted from every marketing firm in the city?

Old 09-04-2019, 12:11 AM

Tommy, this really is bully behavior.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
But why was it necessary to get your ex-wife blacklisted from every marketing firm in the city?
I didn't blacklist her. It doesn't work that way. There's only 600k people in this city. And less than 10 marketing firms, I think. When you do something like what she did, everyone knows about it. She couldn't get a job anywhere else, because the companies she interviewed with called my bosses(which is standard procedure) and they found out what happened. No company will hire you after you've done something like that. You will never be trusted again.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I didn't blacklist her. It doesn't work that way. There's only 600k people in this city. And less than 10 marketing firms, I think. When you do something like what she did, everyone knows about it. She couldn't get a job anywhere else, because the companies she interviewed with called my bosses(which is standard procedure) and they found out what happened. No company will hire you after you've done something like that. You will never be trusted again.
So, is the same thing going to happen to the person that was just fired? She's done in your city?

Old 09-04-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
So, is the same thing going to happen to the person that was just fired? She's done in your city?
It's possible, maybe likely. She's a graphic designer so, she can do freelance stuff. I don't know who will hire her onto staff after what she did. Workplace harassment is one of those things that there's very little tolerance for these days. There's just too much liability. I think because this girl is so attractive and charming, she'll find a foothold again, eventually.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:45 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
12 pages of self inflicted drama lol ��

Old 09-04-2019, 02:28 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This is ALL your fault. No one else. If I were the boss, I’d fire you both. I’m not paying you guys to hookup and create drama at the workplace. And the fact you’re in my office talking about this BS shenanigans waisting company time/money would infuriate me.
Well he had to go skittering in there first with his scrolling iPad! (Some other crazy chick must’ve thrown his phone in the river, now he has to use an iPad ) What if she was going to beat him to it, and go to The Room Where Bosses Sit Around Doing Nothing and tell them tommy had sex with a subordinate and was ignoring her now, bringing his personal drama to work instead of having a professional working relationship?

...but no, she was trying to handle it herself. She could’ve easily involved the office, and got her side of the story out. Can you imagine ignoring a coworker standing at your desk? Walking away instead of behaving as a professional? Wouldn’t want the bros to know you can’t handle your personal biz.

If only I had an iPad instead 2 years worth of texts, voice mail, notes and finally video footage to record the lewd comments, threats, pictures, watching, rumor spreading, mentions of my daughter and house. Who knew it was so easy to get someone fired in one week.

Thanks for The Definitions OP, decades of dealing with this kind of stuff, now we women can use your magical paragraphs (“Look here Boss, I finally have a definition of harassment for you, will you pay attention now?”) instead of dealing with ptsd years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships