Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 08:31 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,159,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
What he’s reading on the Internet is his own posting history. “Not fair Not fair I’m getting older I feel bad”. Check it out.
Interesting, that. A lot of bitterness.

OP, I don't know how to really even respond to you except to assure you that your perceptions are WAY, WAY off. You will realize that as you get older. But for right now, you seem really committed to your totally wrong perceptions of the difference between older women and older men, and I don't think us arguing with you about that is going to change your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 08:34 AM

48,559 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Wow, talk about over thinking stuff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2019, 08:39 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,204,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
Why is it that the idea that a woman in her 30s wouldn't be desirable to a young guy in his early 20s is considered preposterous whereas everyone considers it normal and to be expected that a 22 year old girl would consider a 27 year old guy to be old and unattractive? This is not redpill, this is what you see in every discussion on this topic whether in forums or in real life.
WUT? So much amorphous generalization masquerading as universal fact.

That "cell" you're trapped in – you need to bust out.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:48 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,731,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I hate double standards and inconsistencies (as I see them) and frequently post about them.

But when it comes to age, women face the worst of it. It's not even close. Also, late twenties to mid thirties seem to be peak age for guys (I think), so I'm not sure where you're coming from on this....
This.

OP, be honest. Are people really telling you this or is this just your own personal insecurity?

Old 09-21-2019, 08:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This.

OP, be honest. Are people really telling you this or is this just your own personal insecurity?
Yeah, it’s not the job of other people to make you feel good about yourself, OP.

That’s all you.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:05 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,936,645 times
Would you marry someone insecure in themself?
You shouldn't.
Don't expect intelligent women to either.
You are not confident in your self because you don't know your self and still living as a kid.
I know, I've been there done that.
Stop living the fantasy and get into reality and learn things about your self and the things you expect out of life and what you are working toward, with real action, not dreams.
Hold a full-time job and be found reliable and responsible, and you should expect the same thing out of the woman you're looking at as well.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:08 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,583,930 times
i always thought that men age like wine; whereas, women age like milk.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:12 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,184,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i always thought that men age like wine; whereas, women age like milk.
With enough age we turn into a delightful cheese to pair with the wine?

OP, the stereotype of older men wearing a trophy wife on their arms didn't develop because women just can't stand older men. It's not the age, it's what the man has to offer, and different women appreciate different things.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:27 AM

52,309 posts, read 52,771,567 times
You re living in the upside down world if you think men have it harder than women as they age.

Seriously, have you not read any of the threads here saying how a woman's shelf life ends at 30? Have you not seen similar messages across all forms of media?

I'm baffled.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:33 PM

1,153 posts, read 568,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
I am a 31 year old guy and the general perceptions and and attitudes related to a man's age and desirability make me feel really insecure about my age and terrified of getting older. Honestly it really feels like women well into their 30s are still considered to be just as desirable as women in their 20s whereas I find that guys in their teens and early 20s are looked at by women as being on a higher level of sexual desirability than even guy in their mid to late 20s.

Of course most women will say this isn't true. But then why is it that 20 year old guys are expected to find women even in their 30s and 40s irresistible whereas 20 year old girls are expected to find 26 year old guys old and gross? Of course women in their 30s usually prefer to date guys their own age over the younger guys, but dating isn't about sexual desirability for women, particularly when they are trying to find someone to settle down with.

If we aren't hot enough for the younger women, then why should be expect that we are hot enough for the women our age or older? Wouldn't it be only reasonable to expect that these attractive late 20s and 30something women (and young looking Asian 40somethings) would be primarily attracted to teen and early 20s guys?
You're making a lot of generalisations. What I want to know is why would you feel 'over the hill' at 31? You have plenty of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships