Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 01:26 PM

6 posts, read 3,133 times

Advertisements

I very recently started a new job and just yesterday, my old crush from high school came in to do some shopping. I don't think she saw me, but I was hesitant to go up and say something due to her and I having something of a falling out.

We were friends throughout our four years of high school and I always had some strong feelings for her, but she had a boyfriend for most of high school and I respected those boundaries. We stayed friends for about a year after high school, but then one day I saw that she had unfriended me from Facebook and I knew why. Back then, I was one of those edgy atheists who would constantly post anti-religion stuff on Facebook and my crush was a Christian. Needless to say that my posts upset her enough to remove me on Facebook and I wasn't sure about our standing together after that. We didn't contact one another after that, but then last year I saw her at a Thursday night premiere for Infinity War. We were walking towards each other down a hallway and I wanted to say hi, but she avoided eye contact and just kept walking without acknowledging me. I also saw that she may have even been there with another guy.

Jump to now and I'm contemplating trying to reconnect with her. Her Facebook say she's single and I also found out that she works in the area as well, meaning that we may bump into each other again. I'm just worried that she's going to ignore me like she did at the movies last year. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 01:40 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackwagon View Post
I very recently started a new job and just yesterday, my old crush from high school came in to do some shopping. I don't think she saw me, but I was hesitant to go up and say something due to her and I having something of a falling out.

We were friends throughout our four years of high school and I always had some strong feelings for her, but she had a boyfriend for most of high school and I respected those boundaries. We stayed friends for about a year after high school, but then one day I saw that she had unfriended me from Facebook and I knew why. Back then, I was one of those edgy atheists who would constantly post anti-religion stuff on Facebook and my crush was a Christian. Needless to say that my posts upset her enough to remove me on Facebook and I wasn't sure about our standing together after that. We didn't contact one another after that, but then last year I saw her at a Thursday night premiere for Infinity War. We were walking towards each other down a hallway and I wanted to say hi, but she avoided eye contact and just kept walking without acknowledging me. I also saw that she may have even been there with another guy.

Jump to now and I'm contemplating trying to reconnect with her. Her Facebook say she's single and I also found out that she works in the area as well, meaning that we may bump into each other again. I'm just worried that she's going to ignore me like she did at the movies last year. What should I do?
The last time you saw each other in person, she acted like you didn't even exist. That doesn't bode well for you.

Take the hint and move on.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:46 PM

54 posts, read 46,246 times
To have a chance with her you will need to find an attractive lady friend to run into you old high school crush's workplace with. Make sure the attractive lady friend is wearing a Jesus Saves t shirt. The following time you run into her, she won't ignore you.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
The last time you saw each other in person, she acted like you didn't even exist. That doesn't bode well for you.

Take the hint and move on.
What if I were to offer up an apology?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:09 PM

220 posts, read 196,115 times
Quote:
Are you no longer an atheist?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
Are you no longer an atheist?
I still am, but not the type that I once was. I use to constantly go after Christians every chance I got, even the good ones who were just minding their own business. But now I've learned to just live and let live if they're not using their beliefs to hurt anyone.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:53 PM

314 posts, read 255,686 times
Sounds like as a Christian she found your posts unacceptable. Despite the fact that you have changed, you made the choice to make those posts in the past, and as I tell my high school kids all the time, the Internet is forever. You cannot take them back or the way the posts made her feel.

Trust me, she's not interested. Move on and find someone else.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:59 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,538,348 times
I would say that if she unfriended you over your atheist posts, and you are still an atheist (even though you are mellower) she probably isn’t going to be interested.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Depends on your motivation for the apology. If you want to do it because you feel like your behavior was somehow wrong, then maybe. If you want to pave the way toward asking her out, forget it.

I wouldn't bother, since her actions toward you at the movie theater were pretty clear.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Take the hint, she wants nothing to do with you. She has made it evident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships