Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 11:12 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times

Advertisements

Just be honest in that you don't want sex before marriage, but you are open to other forms touching and intimacy. I agree with Shelato in that you don't have to be too descriptive until a date/meetup.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 11:29 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Most people don't even want to get married any more. But if they do, not having sex before marriage is risky for the man and the woman, if they hope to have an enjoyable sex life in the future. Sexual compatibility is not a given. What do you do if you find that out after you are married?
I think it is more reasonable to say you don't want sex unless the relationship becomes serious.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:02 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
those much older guys contact you probably because they aren't interested in sex anymore or they have "issues" in the bedroom. I run into those alot. Are you okay with that?

Exactly. Would you buy a 50's car without at least starting the engine to see if it even runs? And if you bought it without checking, how much sympathy would you expect when you find it's going to take a lot of work to get it back on the road, even though the car looks quite presentable, cosmetically?

Just to be blunt, I have experienced a pretty wide range of compatibility or incompatibility with various partners in my time. The difference between the best and the worst, to paraphrase Mark Twain, was the difference between "lightning" and "lightning bug".

This whole "no sex till marriage" thing strikes me as a 13th Century attitude lost in the 21st Century. If I were on the market, it would result in an immediate "left swipe" and no re-check. Not wanting to be harsh, but just wanting to be realistic.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:35 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Exactly. Would you buy a 50's car without at least starting the engine to see if it even runs? And if you bought it without checking, how much sympathy would you expect when you find it's going to take a lot of work to get it back on the road, even though the car looks quite presentable, cosmetically?

Just to be blunt, I have experienced a pretty wide range of compatibility or incompatibility with various partners in my time. The difference between the best and the worst, to paraphrase Mark Twain, was the difference between "lightning" and "lightning bug".

This whole "no sex till marriage" thing strikes me as a 13th Century attitude lost in the 21st Century. If I were on the market, it would result in an immediate "left swipe" and no re-check. Not wanting to be harsh, but just wanting to be realistic.
I also highly recommend a Christian dating site. Online dating is harsh enough as it is - it will just be very frustrating to you when you only get messages by extremely ugly and old guys. Or guys who can't or don't like sex (anymore.).

Why do you put yourself into this situation? Go somewhere with alike people.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I also highly recommend a Christian dating site. Online dating is harsh enough as it is - it will just be very frustrating to you when you only get messages by extremely ugly and old guys. Or guys who can't or don't like sex (anymore.).

Why do you put yourself into this situation? Go somewhere with alike people.
Uh, just because you do not fornicate does not mean you are a Christian. People on Christian dating sites expect you to believe in that whole Jesus is the son of God thing; there are people who have strong moral behavior that do not even believe in God.

Last edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson; 11-26-2019 at 08:58 PM..

Old 11-27-2019, 12:11 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Uh, just because you do not fornicate does not mean you are a Christian. People on Christian dating sites expect you to believe in that whole Jesus is the son of God thing; there are people who have strong moral behavior that do not even believe in God.
I misread. I somehow thought it is for religious reasons. I guess I was wrong.

My main point - dating sites are frustrating anyway. But for someone who doesn't want sex before marriage, it must be extremely difficult to get an answer. And to get an answer from someone who can and wants to perform sex but also wants to wait until marriage. She is looking for a needle in the haystack.

Old 11-27-2019, 02:45 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet 143 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I don’t want to try any Christian online dating site.
I want to try match.com
I just need help how I can explain in my profile.
To be honest, I think most non-religious men would not be interested in dating you. Most men don't value virginity in a woman they marry anyway.

Most people these days have pre-marital sex and would not consider marriage with someone, if they didn't know what that person is like in bed, or if they are sexually compatible.

I still think you would have better luck with a Christian dating site (or Muslim or Mormon or any other religion that does not condone pre-marital sex). but if you are not interested in those, you will have a very hard time on secular sites.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:45 PM

1,159 posts, read 620,576 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I am 38 years old female and I want to try online dating .
I was Married before.
I want to meet people to find the right match ( but I don’t want sex before marriage, I don’t mind kissing , hugging, holding hands etc....)
Could someone help me how I could mention on my profile?
I am not English native speaker so I don’t know how I could explain in short words.
Mostly guys think I can’t hug kiss etc... if I am not willing to have sex. Which is not true .
I am confused how I explain . I would be appreciate if someone guide me .
Thanks in advance
Well then type that you are seeking a serious relationship and waiting until marriage to be intimate.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:47 PM

9 posts, read 3,679 times
Op here
First happy thanksgiving to Everyone,
Thanks for all replies. I really appreciate your feedbacks.
Unfortunately, I am from very conservative ( religious) family.
My Dad was Muslim and mom Christine.
Both were very religious.
I am not religious person and don’t practice any religion but I have morals I am 38 years old and had only sexually relationship with my ex husband)
I can’t imagine to have sex with many guys till I will find the right one.
It’s not first time I am going to try online dating.
I had profile in the past few guys contacted me and were okay with my views . ( they were much older then I and I am totally fine with that, sound stupid ( it’s risky) but I am okay if we will be not sexually compatible. As long as we are compatible in other things .
I was just confused to try online dating again and wanted some suggestions.
Many thanks for positive and negative feedbacks

Last edited by Janet 143; 11-27-2019 at 09:46 PM..

Old 11-27-2019, 09:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Op here
First happy thanksgiving to Everyone,
Thanks for all replies. I really appreciate your feedbacks.
Unfortunately, I am from very conservative ( religious) family.
My Dad was Muslim and mom Christine.
Both were very religious.
I am not religious person and don’t practice any religion but I have morels I am 38 years old and had only sexually relationship with my ex husband)
I can’t imagine to have sex with many guys till I will find the right one.
It’s not first time I am going to try online dating.
I had profile in the past few guys contacted me and were okay with my views . ( they were much older then I and I am totally fine with that, sound stupid ( it’s risky) but I am okay if we will be not sexually compatible. As long as we are compatible in other things .
I was just confused to try online dating again and wanted some suggestions.
Many thanks for positive and negative feedbacks
“Morels,” like the mushrooms? I like them sautéed in butter with salt and black pepper.

I am not advocating jumping in to bed with every guy you date. If you can’t make it intimately, there often isn’t enough to sustain a relationship. It amounts to a “rinse and repeat” of your first marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships