Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 10:39 AM

971 posts, read 690,785 times

Advertisements

I don't think it is unreasonable expectation if she is doing nothing else to be able to find time to make one phone call or two. Especially if it is going to save a grand a year.

I am not sure this is a reason to break up but it does show irresponsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 10:44 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I don't think it is unreasonable expectation if she is doing nothing else to be able to find time to make one phone call or two. Especially if it is going to save a grand a year.

I am not sure this is a reason to break up but it does show irresponsibility.
That's it.
It's more her attitude towards work znd finances that would make her completely incompatible to me.
She sounds flakey. I don't do flakey.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:51 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,957,210 times
Want to guess what the #1 cause of divorce is?

Old 01-17-2020, 05:53 PM

973 posts, read 917,227 times
Imagine all the fun when you have kids, daycare, mortgage, and debt to take care of and a simple phone call is too hard to punch off the list.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:05 PM

599 posts, read 263,891 times
Yes!

Old 01-17-2020, 06:35 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,479,813 times
Maybe she likes her doctor and wants to keep her/him.

Old 01-19-2020, 05:47 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,011,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB123 View Post
I've been with my girlfriend for about 6 years. I truly want to be with her but I'm having a difficult time with that because of money issues.

This is one of the examples of many: She is a seasonal worker and collects unemployment during the off season. I'm totally okay with that and can handle the overhead of the home. With that being said I think its reasonable for me to expect her to save and spend the money she does get wisely. For the past 6 months I've told her that she should call her health insurance company to see if they would cover a doctor's visit she has ever month or help in finding a new doctor that they do cover.

That's $125 that can used for something else if we don't have to pay that. All it takes is a phone call to her insurance company and she can't even do that.

I tried to explain this to her and she gets defensive despite telling me to communicate when something is bothering me.

That's over $1,200 a year that is spent that she's could be saving or using for something else.
She said that she needs me to remind her. I told her that her reminder is every month she has to pay that bill. I told her that she doesn't have to remind me to go to work or pay the monthly bills to keep a roof over her head. I do that for us. She doesn't seem to understand where I'm coming from.

I can't see myself with a person who views money issues on a total different opposite end.

At this point I'm just ready to end it. Is that wrong or unreasonable to do that? Am I explaining it wrong?
You're right to feel the way that you do and to end it because you're NOT her parent.You will get resentful of having to constantly feel like you're her parent and not her love interest.It's time to end it because there is nothing you can do.She is an adult and wants to do things financially her way and not your way.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
Why does she have a doctors visit every month? If it's anything to do with birth control, you know you can wear a condom?

Old 01-19-2020, 06:27 PM

260 posts, read 129,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB123 View Post
I've been with my girlfriend for about 6 years. I truly want to be with her but I'm having a difficult time with that because of money issues.

This is one of the examples of many: She is a seasonal worker and collects unemployment during the off season. I'm totally okay with that and can handle the overhead of the home. With that being said I think its reasonable for me to expect her to save and spend the money she does get wisely. For the past 6 months I've told her that she should call her health insurance company to see if they would cover a doctor's visit she has ever month or help in finding a new doctor that they do cover.

That's $125 that can used for something else if we don't have to pay that. All it takes is a phone call to her insurance company and she can't even do that.

I tried to explain this to her and she gets defensive despite telling me to communicate when something is bothering me.

That's over $1,200 a year that is spent that she's could be saving or using for something else.
She said that she needs me to remind her. I told her that her reminder is every month she has to pay that bill. I told her that she doesn't have to remind me to go to work or pay the monthly bills to keep a roof over her head. I do that for us. She doesn't seem to understand where I'm coming from.

I can't see myself with a person who views money issues on a total different opposite end.

At this point I'm just ready to end it. Is that wrong or unreasonable to do that? Am I explaining it wrong?
If you're ready to end it, you should end it. It doesn't need explaining if it's how you feel.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:33 PM

6,888 posts, read 4,902,664 times
I think not being on the same page about finances is a deal breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships