Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 12:07 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Have we become so delicate as a society that a petulant teen is now "abusive?"

Seriously. Sounds like a normal 16 yo to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 12:34 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Seriously, it IS normal teenage boy behavior, especially toward a romantic interest of the mother. It's just how boys are.

And IF they get even a SNIFF that boyfriend isn't good to their mom, even more attitude.

I'm curious when OP says they've been together for awhile, how long that actually is. It struck me as a little strange that he says we've been dating for awhile" when they're living together now. Seems like one would say "We've been together for awhile" instead of dating for awhile. But maybe it's just semantics.

I'm also curious on who moved in with who.

OP, when you brag about being petty and stooping to a child's level...it's hard to have respect for that.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:36 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
YOU are not mature enough for this relationship. You should exit before you do anymore harm.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:44 PM

880 posts, read 1,252,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMD1 View Post
her son.
You answered your own question. After raising my own kids, I am firmly convinced that if my marriage ever fell apart, I would never raise someone else's children. I know many will disagree with this statement, but outside opinion matters very little to me on this topic.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:54 PM

735 posts, read 453,205 times
The way both you and the boy behave, it's best if you and your girlfriend not living together. You should only hang out with your girlfriend when she doesn't have the boys. It will cause too much conflict since both you and boy behave immaturely. At the end of the day, her children will always win. If you want to continue to live in peace with everyone, you and your girlfriend need some therapy to how to deal with the boy. It should be her be the discipline figure to straighten her boy out, not you. Also, when the boy makes the effort to be nice, be nice back. That's what mature adults do. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:00 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,974 times
Quote:
No it isn’t

Old 02-06-2020, 01:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
No it isn’t

It absolutely is. 16 boys are moody and petulant almost across the board. Shoot, I've worked with that age group enough to know.

Put them up against the "boyfriend" of his mother?

Holy heck, you should absolutely expect standoffishness. If that's all you get, consider yourself lucky.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,050,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMD1 View Post
I've been with my girlfriend for quite sometime now. She has two boys of the age 10 and 16. The 10 year is mature and quite pleasant but the 16 year old is just . The 16 year old thinks the world owes him something, he can treat people how he wants to and just feel like he is above all and doesn't take accountable for anything he does. He feels he runs the house and the has authority over everyone.

I am a firm believer that you get what you give. If you treat others in a certain way expect that same energy back.

I've put up with his disrespect for awhile but a couple of weekends ago it was the last of it. He is only here on the weekends(thank god). He was using very foul language in our home and I told him he wasn't to use that kind of language in our home regardless of what kind of language he uses at his father's. He wasn't to happy but that's okay. He acted very disrespectful while I was telling him this. When he was leaving he never acknowledge me or said bye or nothing. It wasn't the first time but I figure I'll treat him and ignore him the same way when he gets here for the weekends.

I have blood relatives that I don't deal with because of how they treat people. I'll be damned to put up with this kid because I'm dating his mother. He's 16 and should know better by now. His mom and dad may take his crap and disrespect but I feel like I don't have too.

I picked him up and he said "hi, how was your week" and I ignored him and acted like he wasn't even there. Awkward yes but you would think he would open up and have a dialogue with me or apologize for how he acted but NO. Once again he just expects everyone to just to take his crap and be okay with it.

I told my girlfriend that I wasn't going to speak with him and she agreed and told me that she spoke to him on the car ride back home last weekend. Now she's upset because I ignored her son.

Am I wrong for my actions? -- How much can you let a person disrespect you? I tolerated him for awhile and for him not to apologize just shows once again him not being accountable for his actions?

To be honest, I'm not sure which one of you is more childish.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:31 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,974 times
Quote:
It absolutely is. 16 boys are moody and petulant almost across the board. Shoot, I've worked with that age group enough to know.

Put them up against the "boyfriend" of his mother?

Holy heck, you should absolutely expect standoffishness. If that's all you get, consider yourself lucky.
I’ve had a teenage son who always had friends over, even now host a houseful of teenage boys and not one threw out colorful language at me, I’m not saying they don’t swear, but obviously were taught to be respectful.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:43 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I’ve had a teenage son who always had friends over, even now host a houseful of teenage boys and not one threw out colorful language at me, I’m not saying they don’t swear, but obviously were taught to be respectful.

Did you have a live-in boyfriend at the time? Was your son someone who only saw his mother every other weekend, and always with the boyfriend hanging around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships