Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,403 times

Advertisements

I'll probably stay single, I prefer the simple life, no wife or kids to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,153 times
There's definitely something to be said for a simple life.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I'll probably stay single, I prefer the simple life, no wife or kids to worry about.
Whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Completely disagree . If you are in love and want to be in a commited relationship sans kids, getting married is still a great option. You don't need kids to have a family.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:34 AM

22,154 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Yes the simple life is good. But what about the joy and cuddling and companionship and comfort that a partner brings into your life? Someone happy to see you at the end of the day, share your stories, laugh together, and hold each other all night long. Don't you miss those? I do!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Yes the simple life is good. What about the joy and cuddling and companionship and comfort that a partner brings into your life? Don't you miss those?
REPLY: Im afraid given our current culture, this is easily obtained and immorally overcome , thru illicit sex and-or shackin' as our Media encourages. I do beleive some people should not get married such as those that have difficulty handling conflict / stress / are overly independent / narcissistic / and-or having a nuerosis or emotional woundedness from past events that they are still dealing with. Marriage is not for everyone and many can live single and still find good fulfillment and contentment from life. Some find it difficult to be single . I dont believe Marriage should be looked upon as something that one is expected to do , nor should it be idealized.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Completely disagree . If you are in love and want to be in a commited relationship sans kids, getting married is still a great option. You don't need kids to have a family.
I think (umm, thought) so, too. I have no plans to get married again or have kids, but I also have no plans to live with anybody. If a miracle happens , I'll cross that bridge when I see it.... Might provide Liz Taylor with some company … Highly doubt it, though.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:33 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
Hmmm... I have been married, divorced and have two kids (both adults now). I divorced their father man years ago. Lived with a boyfriend for a couple of years and was single for a long time too. I recently got engaged after dating and living with my boyfriend for a couple of years and I'm excited about it! I know that relationships without the "paper" can last and do (look at Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon) but I like being married (just didn't before and was a lot younger then). I don't however think that the paper should make a difference, if people like being single and just dating, if people like dating and living together and never getting married or if people like being married and having that feeling of security and being able to say "my husband or my wife", then so be it. Personally, for me I'm happy getting married and plan on being so til death. I've dated enough, had some serious relationships, love,lost and feel finally that I'm ready for this. I don't think though that anyone should scrutinize another person based on their personal preferences.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I don't think though that anyone should scrutinize another person based on their personal preferences.
Well, I don't think anybody has... short of the usual suspects.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,843,355 times
If you want simple definately dont marry or have kids. My biased advice as I am going thru divorce #2. I love my kids and grandkids and would not trade them for the world, but they dont make life simple. One thing to consider is later in old age when you may end up all alone with no one to care for you. If you have neices or newphews you might want to get on their good side.

Quote:
Yes the simple life is good. But what about the joy and cuddling and companionship and comfort that a partner brings into your life? Someone happy to see you at the end of the day, share your stories, laugh together, and hold each other all night long. Don't you miss those? I do!
Ive got my dogs for that, except the stories part, they suck at that. And the hold each other all night, but I never had that with a husband either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships