Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 03:30 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times

Advertisements

During this emotionally/mentally & financially trying time, how's everyone who's been in a LT (long-term) relationship been holding up, whether you're married OR just dating for a long time already & living together or not?

It's times like these that could really break or make a relationship. For example, are you two more snappy w/ each other these days because you can't go anywhere much & have no money?

I've stayed pretty much the same during this. I don't personally suffer w/ depression, anxiety, mood swings, etc. in which this time would make issues w/ that much harder. I'm not a whiner, complainer, etc. I roll w/ the punches of life's encounters & do the best I can & try to be as happy as possible at all times.

My fiance', I'd say is pretty good overall these days. However, his impatience w/ things is showing through more & I've had to tell him to basically calm down & be more patient like the rest of us have to be (didn't say those exact words). The situation for this is when we're waiting for packages to arrive that we ordered. Also, since last year, he's gone no-contact w/ all 5 members of his narcissistic immediate family (both parents & 3 siblings), so I'm still hearing about that & have always been completely on his side about it. Then, his back doesn't often feel the best so I hear complaining about that sometimes. Those are his gripes these days.

Neither of us gets bored at the house, so that's good! We still love spending every moment together. When we both feel safe to go back out there again when amusement parks, malls, museums, etc. open up again, we'll have even more fun together again.

A couple has to have been pretty strong & in quite a good place w/ each other already before covid hit, otherwise, if they weren't, they may have broken up by now or now arguing, getting on each other's nerves, etc.

So, how's your relationship going? Other comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 06:11 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
We’re fine. I’m taking my husband with me to work today for awhile. He knows and likes my client. We’re meeting outside for a casual discussion about a project over lunch.

Yeah, I just figured out it’s a holiday weekend, like, um....yesterday? Typical for these pandemic days. None of us have other plans, so it counts as entertainment, too.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:43 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
We're fine. My wife and I enjoy one another's company, so it's no big deal. We sure do miss our friends, however.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:05 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
We've both worked from home for the past 8 years. Husband has worked from home for the past 25 or so years. That part of our life hasn't really changed. We're used to it. What has been different is not being able to enjoy a date night or a trip together. We've tried to do stay at home dates on the weekends by watching concerts on TV or making special meals, but it's not quite the same as dinner and drinks out or a visit to our favorite comedy club. We miss going out or having a trip planned.

Overall nothing has changed in our relationship. We commiserate and plan together for the time we can do things on the weekends again or take a trip.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:18 AM

1,579 posts, read 950,511 times
My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years but we don't live together. He seems to be a bit more concerned about all this than I do, but has health issues that make him high risk for Covid-19, so he should be more worried. So because of that, he's taking the stay at home seriously and I haven't seen him since mid-March.

But we call each other every day and text, so we still are in touch and as far as I know, aside from just missing each other in person, things are fine. I know I am fine at least. I am divorced and my ex-husband used to be in the military. I am used to long deployments in relationships, some up to a year, and this is no where near as bad as a deployment because we can talk every day.

We are both still working and we don't mix finances, so money is not an issue in our relationship.

I can't wait to see him again in person and give him a big hug and long kiss.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:34 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years but we don't live together. He seems to be a bit more concerned about all this than I do, but has health issues that make him high risk for Covid-19, so he should be more worried. So because of that, he's taking the stay at home seriously and I haven't seen him since mid-March.

But we call each other every day and text, so we still are in touch and as far as I know, aside from just missing each other in person, things are fine. I know I am fine at least. I am divorced and my ex-husband used to be in the military. I am used to long deployments in relationships, some up to a year, and this is no where near as bad as a deployment because we can talk every day.

We are both still working and we don't mix finances, so money is not an issue in our relationship.

I can't wait to see him again in person and give him a big hug and long kiss.
Just curious, and also none of my biz, but how are you going to determine the day you can see him in person?

Old 05-23-2020, 08:46 AM

1,579 posts, read 950,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Just curious, and also none of my biz, but how are you going to determine the day you can see him in person?
I am going to leave that up to him since he’s the one who needs to take precautions due to his heart issues. My guess is it will be when our stay at home order ends in June.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I am going to leave that up to him since he’s the one who needs to take precautions due to his heart issues. My guess is it will be when our stay at home order ends in June.
It’s been tough. Also a little concerned that I’m getting used to it.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:10 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
We are doing as well as or better than ever (20 years together). We do miss seeing all of friends (we still see a select few who are also limiting their outside contacts), and going out for dinner and such.

We recently moved, so setting up our new home has been a primary focus. We have been busy, not bored. We like doing things together, and have also been cooking together a lot (I'm learning, as I've never been much of a cook). The frequency of our sex life has also improved considerably!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
We are good. The kids are home too, which is driving us nuts. Sex life has ticked up a little (it was already good...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships