Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:29 AM

78 posts, read 24,223 times

Advertisements

I see this. And as painful as it may be, it’s true.

We do live together. I’m searching for places quietly today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 09:34 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,576,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allergicraction2 View Post
I see this. And as painful as it may be, it’s true.

We do live together. I’m searching for places quietly today.
Perfect time to find a place and move should be while he's on vacation with the girls. No time like the present to begin a new life.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
Quote:
We've been together 5 years later this month.

I have told myself that I should leave on or before the anniversary. (That he doesn't even remember).

I recently told him I wanted a wedding date and an anniversary. He said yeah, we can have an anniversary if you want, but no wedding date until you can prove to me that it won't end in divorce.

I told him I wanted to tell his family (He non stop tells me they are worried about him with me)... that we have a wedding date. We had an argument and they were supposed to be coming for dinner or something that weekend... I said may we please have a date so we can tell them? He told me if I wanted that or even mentioned a wedding date to them, I should consider myself uninvited to the dinner.

He has since told me that he would look towards "December" but then said if I announce it to anyone ...I'm setting myself up for failure.
Everything you type about him gets worse.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:38 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
That’s correct. He just basically said he grew tired of the first wife and mother of his Children.

He left her immediately after their 3rd child was born.

He was married to his second wife for 5 years and said they were incompatible and he didn’t love her. He says he just got sick of being single and married her in error. He says she is crazy and insane as well.

The third wife was just over 2 years and he says she was crazy too. And it sounds like she actually kept leaving him and he finally said no more.
So why are you with him? Why get involved at all, with a person with this history?

Why stay involved? The door to your cage is open. All you have to do, is walk through it.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:01 AM

78 posts, read 24,223 times
I've began reading about NLP. Neuro Linguistic Programming. I'm working to make a list of all the difficult moments, bad qualities, and hostility to help me as I go through this.

Reading these responses have assisted me with that and I appreciate that source of strength from this forum.

The pain will be inevitable. I devoted so much energy and my life to him. Now, I feel like a fool.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:06 AM

2,283 posts, read 1,682,307 times
Quote:
That’s correct. He just basically said he grew tired of the first wife and mother of his Children.

He left her immediately after their 3rd child was born.

He was married to his second wife for 5 years and said they were incompatible and he didn’t love her. He says he just got sick of being single and married her in error. He says she is crazy and insane as well.

The third wife was just over 2 years and he says she was crazy too. And it sounds like she actually kept leaving him and he finally said no more.
Why on earth would you be involved with a man like this? He has told you exactly who and what he is multiple times. Every time he disrespects and diminishes you he is manipulating this situation more.

At this point, you have to be the solution to your own problem. Find yourself a place and get out. I can’t believe you would continue to take this treatment from a jerk and even consider involving your son into this mess of a family situation (no matter his age).

Good luck and be strong. Get therapy if you need to understand why you let yourself be treated so badly.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I've began reading about NLP. Neuro Linguistic Programming. I'm working to make a list of all the difficult moments, bad qualities, and hostility to help me as I go through this.

Reading these responses have assisted me with that and I appreciate that source of strength from this forum.

The pain will be inevitable. I devoted so much energy and my life to him. Now, I feel like a fool.
The best motivator might just be focusing the positives of a fresh start and a new life without him--not focusing on the many wrongs that he's done you over the course of your relationship. Once again, you sound very much like another poster who's going through a not-so-dissimilar situation with her own long-term verbally abusive fiancé.....

Surely the pain of separation will be far less than the pain of being with a man who neither likes, nor respects, nor loves you and has zero intentions of marrying you now or ever.

What benefits have you received as a result of remaining with your fiancé for as long as you have?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:

You did? That's not what it sounds like, from your posts here. It doesn't sound like a very "L" LTR. How long have you two been together? Maybe I missed the post, where you told us that.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You did? That's not what it sounds like, from your posts here. It doesn't sound like a very "L" LTR. How long have you two been together? Maybe I missed the post, where you told us that.
Five years and she's terrified at the thought of being single at the ripe old age of forty-five.....

Old 06-12-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Five years and she's terrified at the thought of being single at the ripe old age of forty-five.....
Thank you. 45 is a great age to be single! Better get out, OP, before that 45 turns into a 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships