Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 02:10 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

So I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with dating apps right now. I went back on a dating app about a month and a half ago, since then i exchanged phone numbers with about 4 or 5 guys, in the beginning I understood we were in the middle of a pandemic so it was kind of hard to meet up. But in the past few weeks the guys have been asking about meeting and when I suggest meeting in a park or something and going for a walk, they either respond and never follow through or I never hear from them again.

This past summer I was on the same dating app and never experienced this issue, typically I would be asked to meet up within a day or two of messaging with each other. I can't help but blame the pandemic, but then why are they asking how we can go about meeting up? I can respect not wanting to meet right now, but then don't ask me to. I'm in NYC and we seem to be going into phase 2 next week so maybe more people will be willing to meet. Has anyone else had this same experience?

Again, I totally understand and respect that there's plenty of people who don't want to meet right now due to the virus. My issue is with people who ask to meet up and then never follow through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 02:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
I would guess they are wanting to meet up for something besides a walk in the park.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:45 PM

65 posts, read 26,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with dating apps right now. I went back on a dating app about a month and a half ago, since then i exchanged phone numbers with about 4 or 5 guys, in the beginning I understood we were in the middle of a pandemic so it was kind of hard to meet up. But in the past few weeks the guys have been asking about meeting and when I suggest meeting in a park or something and going for a walk, they either respond and never follow through or I never hear from them again.

This past summer I was on the same dating app and never experienced this issue, typically I would be asked to meet up within a day or two of messaging with each other. I can't help but blame the pandemic, but then why are they asking how we can go about meeting up? I can respect not wanting to meet right now, but then don't ask me to. I'm in NYC and we seem to be going into phase 2 next week so maybe more people will be willing to meet. Has anyone else had this same experience?

Again, I totally understand and respect that there's plenty of people who don't want to meet right now due to the virus. My issue is with people who ask to meet up and then never follow through.
They're probably not looking to date. More likely something else.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I would guess they are wanting to meet up for something besides a walk in the park.
Yup that was my first guess, but for some reason last summer I wasn't getting as much of these kind of offers with no follow through. I guess some people are just fresh out of quarantine and looking to get some lol.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:55 PM

1,246 posts, read 824,261 times
Have you tried proposing a specific date, time, and place? Or just the place and specifically asking them when they would be free?

Old 06-17-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
Have you tried proposing a specific date, time, and place? Or just the place and specifically asking them when they would be free?
Well in most instances they ask me if I have any suggestions on how we would meet, I've been saying we can take a walk in the park 2 out of the 4 guys just never responded. One guy agreed, we set a date and time, the day came and I texted him to confirm and he backed out with what seemed to be a legitimate excuse but never offered an alternate date so I gave up on him. Then the most recent guy I actually first spoke to a month and a half ago, but since we couldn't meet it fizzled out however I reached out to him a few days ago and we've been trying to figure out whats open around us but can't find anything. Looks like outdoor dining will be open next Monday so we'll see how that plays out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships