Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 10:13 AM

19,746 posts, read 20,304,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Or, he likes her, but the sex stinks. Either not a lot of sexual chemistry, or compatibility, or one partner is lacking skills.
Totally agree.

Sex is supposed to improve the more familiar you get with your partner, not get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 02:37 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,052,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Being partnered with a low-drive partner when one is an average to high drive partner isn't easy. If that's this guy's normal, it is what it is. Doesn't mean that there's anything the matter with him, just that this is how he's wired.

It seems as though this might be the case with our O.P. and her new love. If I were her, at this stage in the game I'd move on as this sort of thing doesn't get better with time and can cause a lot of heartache and resentment with both partners in the long term.

I'm thinking...she's 30. He's...how old? Guys tend to slow down just about when us females are revving up.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:13 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,572,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm thinking...she's 30. He's...how old? Guys tend to slow down just about when us females are revving up.
That's true to a degree, although I've no direct experience with that even though I've dated a fair number of guys in the forty-plus age range. Most are still good to go just as often you'd like (or let them).

I'm still thinking that this might just be a case of mismatched libidos.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:47 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,818,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Totally agree.

Sex is supposed to improve the more familiar you get with your partner, not get worse.
Yea I agree with this, I mean the frequency may drop but the sex itself should still be pretty good if not better than in the beginning (that's how it's been with all my relationships)

How old is the guy you're dating? How often are you having sex?

Old 06-26-2020, 08:33 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,008,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Being partnered with a low-drive partner when one is an average to high drive partner isn't easy. If that's this guy's normal, it is what it is. Doesn't mean that there's anything the matter with him, just that this is how he's wired.

It seems as though this might be the case with our O.P. and her new love. If I were her, at this stage in the game I'd move on as this sort of thing doesn't get better with time and can cause a lot of heartache and resentment with both partners in the long term.
The thing to find out, though, is whether it IS normal (for him) or not. One might be able to live with actual "low sex drive" but it's probably a different ballgame when it's "sex drive is fine, just not attracted to YOU."

Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM

5 posts, read 2,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Yea I agree with this, I mean the frequency may drop but the sex itself should still be pretty good if not better than in the beginning (that's how it's been with all my relationships)

How old is the guy you're dating? How often are you having sex?
He's 40. We started dating in February and the sex is good but in June we had sex 4 times. And 2 of those were on the same day...after I mentioned I was worried.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Typically, you'd be hitting your stride now as a committed couple who have gotten to know each other's likes and dislikes enough to be having pretty amazing sex regularly.

What did he SAY when you mentioned you were worried?

Old 06-30-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
The thing to find out, though, is whether it IS normal (for him) or not. One might be able to live with actual "low sex drive" but it's probably a different ballgame when it's "sex drive is fine, just not attracted to YOU."
If the sex was good at one point, I doubt it’s an attraction issue unless the OP’s physical appearance drastically changed in the last 4 months.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:03 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,237,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelliD12 View Post
Hi all. I wanted to get some advice. I am 30, female. I've been dating a guy for about 4 months now. I haven't dated a lot, and not for a long time. I'm extremely happy with him. He treats me great and we have a lot of fun together. However...sex was fantastic for about the first 2 months, and now it's happening much less frequently and with a lot less enthusiasm. I've talked to him about it a little bit and he says he notices the change to and he's not really sure why the lack of enthusiasm. But at times I feel very rejected and hurt by this. I feel like we should still be in that honeymoon stage where we can't keep our hands off each other. Should I just let this go or maybe he's not really into me?
I would say that it is normal in this quarantine that people are affected by something.

The best way to solve a problem like this is to talk, talk and talk more with your partner to solve it.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
I would say that it is normal in this quarantine that people are affected by something.

The best way to solve a problem like this is to talk, talk and talk more with your partner to solve it.
That is a good point, a lot has gone on in the past few months it may be affecting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships