Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:07 PM

671 posts, read 483,587 times

Advertisements

I went on 2 dates with this guy I met online and had the best time. Seems like a great guy and it seemed he was in to me too. Held hands, kissed me at first chance he got and we’re all over each other. We both have toddlers and just out of long relationships. He also told me he just joined online dating the week he met me. After 2nd date I spoke to him the day after date but then 3 days passed and I ended up msging him. This was a little over a week ago. He asked to hang out twice since then but never mentioned a day. I was away over the holiday weekend and he msg asking how it was going and then he called me sat night. We were also texting after and he sent me a kissy face goodnight. Haven’t heard from him since sat! He had asked to hang this week or weekend but no solid plans. I am thinking he just isn’t in to me and am trying to move on. Don’t want to waste my time playing these games. If you like someone you make it a point to set a date and to keep communication. Why is he leading me on!? Should I say something to him ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 12:14 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,567,600 times
Leave the ball in his court and see what happens.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
If he wants to be with you, he will make it happen.

Yes, he could be busy and blah blah blah, but in my experience when a man is interested in you, you will know.

I agree that you should not initiate contact anymore and see what he does. If nothing, time to move on.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:27 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,039,853 times
I'm thinking that since he's new to OLD, he's getting a lot of interest from other women, and he's trying to play the field, but trying to keep his options open with you, too. He's like a kid in a candy store.

It's probably petty on my part, but if it were me, and he DID try to contact me again, I'd be 'busy' just for the principle of it. See if he'll commit to a date YOU suggest. "Oh, sorry Joe I have plans for this weekend. Yes, the whole weekend. I'm open Wednesday night for a quick drink though, if you want."

Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 PM

1,350 posts, read 821,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I went on 2 dates with this guy I met online and had the best time. Seems like a great guy and it seemed he was in to me too. Held hands, kissed me at first chance he got and we’re all over each other. We both have toddlers and just out of long relationships. He also told me he just joined online dating the week he met me. After 2nd date I spoke to him the day after date but then 3 days passed and I ended up msging him. This was a little over a week ago. He asked to hang out twice since then but never mentioned a day. I was away over the holiday weekend and he msg asking how it was going and then he called me sat night. We were also texting after and he sent me a kissy face goodnight. Haven’t heard from him since sat! He had asked to hang this week or weekend but no solid plans. I am thinking he just isn’t in to me and am trying to move on. Don’t want to waste my time playing these games. If you like someone you make it a point to set a date and to keep communication. Why is he leading me on!? Should I say something to him ?
The fact that he is only asking to "hang out" and not asking you out for a specific, real date, means he wants to take this slow. Like you said, he just joined online dating. He is probably enjoying the new attention from all his "matches".

He is not ready for daily communication yet. That is too "relationship-y".

You keep looking, too. I am sure he will contact you soon. Don't wait around and definitely DON'T contact HIM next, until he contacts you. He knows where to find you.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:13 AM

Yea he messaged me last night asking my plans for the weekend. I have my son but said he could come by after he’s asleep if he wants. He said he will keep my posted. Hard to gauge if he is taking it slow or not too interested. I think if he doesn’t come sat that will point towards lack of interest. Haven’t seen him in 2 weeks now due to my vacation. But he definitely is sending some mixed signals.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:

But he definitely is sending some mixed signals.
Sorry, but I don’t think they’re mixed at all.

You gave him an option, and he deferred. To me, that means he’s gonna keep looking around for a “better” offer. If he really wanted to see YOU, he would have said, “Sounds great! Let me know what time.”

Saying, “I’ll keep you posted ...” is not a good indicator of interest.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:39 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
Quote:
Yea he messaged me last night asking my plans for the weekend. I have my son but said he could come by after he’s asleep if he wants. He said he will keep my posted. Hard to gauge if he is taking it slow or not too interested. I think if he doesn’t come sat that will point towards lack of interest. Haven’t seen him in 2 weeks now due to my vacation. But he definitely is sending some mixed signals.
WAit a minute - that is on you! YOU were the one who wasn't available.

I would meet him Saturday, you will know then if the spark is still there. And let's not forget, having a job and children is alot, so I would give him a break until Saturday.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sorry, but I don’t think they’re mixed at all.

You gave him an option, and he deferred. To me, that means he’s gonna keep looking around for a “better” offer. If he really wanted to see YOU, he would have said, “Sounds great! Let me know what time.”

Saying, “I’ll keep you posted ...” is not a good indicator of interest.
Yea agreed. How should I have responded to that ? Seemed kind of rude. Wasn’t sure if he was saying that as in posted on timing or if he was going to come over or not. Not sure why he’s msging me anymore. To be nice ? Keep as backup option?

Old 07-09-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
WAit a minute - that is on you! YOU were the one who wasn't available.

I would meet him Saturday, you will know then if the spark is still there. And let's not forget, having a job and children is alot, so I would give him a break until Saturday.
Yea it was on me that we haven’t seen each other in 2 weeks but he has been msg every 3-4 days and had not set a firm date for this week when I’m back. It def is difficult coordinating with kids schedule but he has off sat and I invited him over. If he doesn’t come then there’s no other real reason except he’s not that interested so guess will have my answer then. If he does then will see how it goes and ask what he’s looking for in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships