Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 AM

1,049 posts, read 654,003 times

Advertisements

This pandemic has proven to have many impacts on our daily life. What are some impacts on relationships/dating that you all may see?

Increased virtual dates?

Fewer people in the dating cue due to the related economic struggles?

Medium to long-distance dating increasing in part due to increased virtual dates?

More divorces?

I would be curious to know what you all think.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
You might want to read this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...at-dating.html

Old 07-24-2020, 03:20 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
I think they are 2 related, but slightly different questions.

The effects on relationships probably has unique challenges because people were together before it happened, and now how to adapt to the current unique situation.

Dating usually implies to people not yet in a relationship. That has unique challenges. How/when to meet up safely, virtual dating, phone calls. The challenge in "dating" seems to be that "virtual" dating (without actually meeting up) only seems to be able to work for so long before the spark is lost. However, for many, there is fear in meeting up in person due to COVID19 and if you decide to meet up with someone you take a risk of catching the coronavirus. How to date and stay safe is a big challenge.

For people already in relationships. They will continually risk potential exposure and catching COVID as well, although that kind of comes with the territory.

Part of it is also based on the individual personalities. If both parties have a high risk tolerance and aren't really afraid of COVID, then there may be little impact on dating and relationships. However, if either are more risk-averse, then dating and relationships are both probably extremely scary at the current time.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:22 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
This pandemic has proven to have many impacts on our daily life. What are some impacts on relationships/dating that you all may see?

Increased virtual dates?

Fewer people in the dating cue due to the related economic struggles?

Medium to long-distance dating increasing in part due to increased virtual dates?

More divorces?

I would be curious to know what you all think.

Not into virtual dating and have been on 2 dates so far during the pandemic since outdoor dining is a way to meet

Old 07-25-2020, 01:56 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Sure COVID affects all those things you listed.

Also, you may want to read this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...s-holding.html

Old 07-27-2020, 05:55 AM

600 posts, read 255,752 times
Haven't been on a date for 6 months. I had a girlfriend who got infected with it, when I found about it I terminated the relationship. Last I heard she went back home and quarentined with her parents and they also got infected because of her.

I'll most likely wait until a good vaccine is produced, probably a year from now I will end up meeting new women face to face.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:26 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helw View Post
Haven't been on a date for 6 months. I had a girlfriend who got infected with it, when I found about it I terminated the relationship. Last I heard she went back home and quarentined with her parents and they also got infected because of her.

I'll most likely wait until a good vaccine is produced, probably a year from now I will end up meeting new women face to face.
Regarding your 2nd paragraph, good thinking! If I didn't have an SO these days, I'd just have to wait until things got better too.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:31 AM

600 posts, read 255,752 times
For sure. Meeting new people is too dangerous these days, and I don't want to go on a date and end up paranoid about either getting infected or being infected but without any symptoms, and ending up infecting my date.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:51 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,781 times
For people in relationships it is stressful because you are cooped up together at home all the time. This is a game of endurance. You see personality traits you did see so clearly before in your significant other.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:56 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helw View Post
For sure. Meeting new people is too dangerous these days, and I don't want to go on a date and end up paranoid about either getting infected or being infected but without any symptoms, and ending up infecting my date.
well I hope you dont have a dating profile because people plan to meet in the summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships