Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post

"Fourplay" can last for days, building energy, storing it, building it, storing it and so on until you are ready to release it.
Sometimes a couple of humping monkeys are a lot better than a Three Ring Circus.

Some of my best sexual experiences involved ten minutes of foreplay, fifteen minutes of sex, and a two hour nap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Some of my best sexual experiences involved ten minutes of foreplay, fifteen minutes of sex, and a two hour nap.

Yeah those can be enjoyable as well. But most couples have "sex" about 3-4 times a week. Inbetween encounters wouldn't it be nice if you were looking forward and building up to the "release"?

Many times sex turns into a routine behavior, or self gratifying act, rather than a way of sharing yourself with another.

Last edited by moonsavvy; 05-01-2008 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Tantric Sex

TANTRIC SEX is meditative, spontaneous and intimate lovemaking Through it you learn to prolong the act of making love and to channel, rather than dissipate. potent orgasmic energies moving through you, thereby raising the level of your consciousness. Tantra transports your sexuality from the plane of doing to the place of being. There is no goal in Tantric sex, only the present moment of perfect and harmonious union. Tantra teaches you to revere your sexual partner and to transform the act of sex into a sacrament of love.
Tantra teaches that lovemaking between a man and woman, when entered into with awareness, is a gateway to both sexual and spiritual ecstasy. In India, traditional Tantrikas spent many years under the guidance of a spiritual teacher and engaged in elaborate yogic rituals to purify and master the body and mind. These practices were intended to awaken the powerful psychic energies through which the adept could enter into higher states of consciousness When a disciple was deemed ready he or she partook in sexual rites with a partner.
Through the sacred act of love, they sought to merge the dual nature of their sexuality into an ecstatic union. Through this came the harmonization of their own internal masculine and feminine polarities and a realization of the blissful nature of the Self.
The people who know Tantric sex techniques, and practice them, consider Tantric sex a vehicle to higher consciousness. Sexuality is one of the biggest blind spots modern cultures have. That fact alone makes sexual practices very important to the transformation of the individual and society. Tantric sexual practices occur with eyes wide open, with ritual and communication and honoring of the male and female essences.

Tantra
(Sanskrit: तन्त्र "weave" denoting continuity), tantricism or tantrism is any of several esoteric traditions rooted in the religions of India. It exists in Hindu, Bönpo, Buddhist, and Jain forms.

Hindu Tantra

The Tantric tradition may be considered as either parallel to, or intertwined with, the Vedic tradition. André Padoux notes that in India tantrism was marked by a rejection of the orthodox Vedic notions. Maurice Winernitz, in his review of the literature of tantra, points out that while the Indian tantric texts are not positively hostile to the Vedas, they propound that the precepts of the Vedas are too difficult for our age, and that, for that reason, an easier cult and easier doctrine have been revealed in them. Some orthodox Brahmans who accept the authority of the Vedas reject the authority of the Tantras.

Tantras exists in Shaiva, Vaisnava, Ganapatya, and Shakta forms, amongst others. Strictly speaking, within individual traditions tantric texts are classified as Shaiva Āgamas, Vaishnava Pāñcarātra Saṃhitās, and Shakta Tantras, but there is no clear dividing line between these works and on a practical basis the expression "Tantra" is used generally for this class of works.

Evolution and involution

According to Tantra, being-consciousness-bliss or Satchidananda has the power of both self-evolution and self-involution. Prakriti or 'reality' evolves into a multiplicity of creatures and things, yet at the same time always remains pure consciousness, being and bliss. In this process of evolution, Maya conceals Reality and separates it into opposites, such as conscious and unconscious, pleasant and unpleasant, and so forth. These determining conditions if not realised as illusion; bind, limit and fetter (pashu) the individual (jiva).

In this relative dimension, Shiva and Shakti are perceived as separate. However in Tantra, even in the state of evolution, Reality remains pure consciousness, being, and bliss, though Tantra does not deny either the act or fact of this evolution. In fact, Tantra affirms that both the world process itself and the individual jiva are themselves Real. In this, Tantra distinguishes itself from pure dualism as well as from the qualified non-dualism of Vedanta.
However, evolution or the 'outgoing current' is only one half of the functioning of Maya. Involution, or the 'return current', takes the jiva back towards the source or root of Reality, revealing the infinite. Tantra is understood to teach the method of changing the 'outgoing current' into the 'return current', transforming the fetters created by Maya into that which 'releases' or 'liberates'. This view underscores two maxims of Tantra: "One must rise by that by which one falls" and "the very poison that kills becomes the elixir of life when used by the wise."

The method

The Tantric method is to sublimate rather than negate relative reality. This method of sublimation consists of three phases: purification, elevation and the "reaffirmation of identity on the plane of pure consciousness."

As Tantra has become more popular in the West it has undergone a major transformation, which has made Modern Tantra, or the New Age interpretations of Tantra, more properly called Neotantra, different from the original Tantric traditions of India. For many modern readers, "Tantra" has become a synonym for "spiritual sex" or "sacred sexuality", a belief that sex in itself ought to be recognized as a sacred act which is capable of elevating its participants to a more sublime spiritual plane. Though Neotantra may adopt many of the concepts and terminology of Indian Tantra, it often omits one or more of the following; the traditional reliance on guruparampara (the guidance of a guru), extensive meditative practice, and traditional rules of conduct - both moral and ritualistic.

Not all tantras are sexual in nature, for a comprehensive explanation on Tantra Yoga you can read Swami Sivananda excellent explanation

Tantra Yoga

Sources:

Tantric Sex | Tantric Sex Positions | Tantric Massage | Tantra.com

Tantra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I think it's interesting when you take out the sense of sight how much more sensitive the other...senses become. You can add scented oils or flowers, increasing the pleasure of the sense of smell. Adding velvet fabrics, feathers and such to increase the pleasure of touch. Adding music, and listening to each other increases the pleasure of sound. Feeding each other grapes or strawberries to increase the sense of taste (I could add more about taste, but I'll refrain)
Oh, my, we've got "9 1/2 Weeks" going here... the whole nine yards... You're in for so much trouble, Moonie... I’d imagine that’s not news to you, though.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:56 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Honest R&B

Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Tantric Sex

TANTRIC SEX is meditative, spontaneous and intimate lovemaking Through it you learn to prolong the act of making love and to channel, rather than dissipate. potent orgasmic energies moving through you, thereby raising the level of your consciousness. Tantra transports your sexuality from the plane of doing to the place of being. There is no goal in Tantric sex, only the present moment of perfect and harmonious union. Tantra teaches you to revere your sexual partner and to transform the act of sex into a sacrament of love.
Tantra teaches that lovemaking between a man and woman, when entered into with awareness, is a gateway to both sexual and spiritual ecstasy. In India, traditional Tantrikas spent many years under the guidance of a spiritual teacher and engaged in elaborate yogic rituals to purify and master the body and mind. These practices were intended to awaken the powerful psychic energies through which the adept could enter into higher states of consciousness When a disciple was deemed ready he or she partook in sexual rites with a partner.
Through the sacred act of love, they sought to merge the dual nature of their sexuality into an ecstatic union. Through this came the harmonization of their own internal masculine and feminine polarities and a realization of the blissful nature of the Self.
The people who know Tantric sex techniques, and practice them, consider Tantric sex a vehicle to higher consciousness. Sexuality is one of the biggest blind spots modern cultures have. That fact alone makes sexual practices very important to the transformation of the individual and society. Tantric sexual practices occur with eyes wide open, with ritual and communication and honoring of the male and female essences.

Tantra
(Sanskrit: तन्त्र "weave" denoting continuity), tantricism or tantrism is any of several esoteric traditions rooted in the religions of India. It exists in Hindu, Bönpo, Buddhist, and Jain forms.

Hindu Tantra

The Tantric tradition may be considered as either parallel to, or intertwined with, the Vedic tradition. André Padoux notes that in India tantrism was marked by a rejection of the orthodox Vedic notions. Maurice Winernitz, in his review of the literature of tantra, points out that while the Indian tantric texts are not positively hostile to the Vedas, they propound that the precepts of the Vedas are too difficult for our age, and that, for that reason, an easier cult and easier doctrine have been revealed in them. Some orthodox Brahmans who accept the authority of the Vedas reject the authority of the Tantras.

Tantras exists in Shaiva, Vaisnava, Ganapatya, and Shakta forms, amongst others. Strictly speaking, within individual traditions tantric texts are classified as Shaiva Āgamas, Vaishnava Pāñcarātra Saṃhitās, and Shakta Tantras, but there is no clear dividing line between these works and on a practical basis the expression "Tantra" is used generally for this class of works.

Evolution and involution

According to Tantra, being-consciousness-bliss or Satchidananda has the power of both self-evolution and self-involution. Prakriti or 'reality' evolves into a multiplicity of creatures and things, yet at the same time always remains pure consciousness, being and bliss. In this process of evolution, Maya conceals Reality and separates it into opposites, such as conscious and unconscious, pleasant and unpleasant, and so forth. These determining conditions if not realised as illusion; bind, limit and fetter (pashu) the individual (jiva).

In this relative dimension, Shiva and Shakti are perceived as separate. However in Tantra, even in the state of evolution, Reality remains pure consciousness, being, and bliss, though Tantra does not deny either the act or fact of this evolution. In fact, Tantra affirms that both the world process itself and the individual jiva are themselves Real. In this, Tantra distinguishes itself from pure dualism as well as from the qualified non-dualism of Vedanta.
However, evolution or the 'outgoing current' is only one half of the functioning of Maya. Involution, or the 'return current', takes the jiva back towards the source or root of Reality, revealing the infinite. Tantra is understood to teach the method of changing the 'outgoing current' into the 'return current', transforming the fetters created by Maya into that which 'releases' or 'liberates'. This view underscores two maxims of Tantra: "One must rise by that by which one falls" and "the very poison that kills becomes the elixir of life when used by the wise."

The method

The Tantric method is to sublimate rather than negate relative reality. This method of sublimation consists of three phases: purification, elevation and the "reaffirmation of identity on the plane of pure consciousness."

As Tantra has become more popular in the West it has undergone a major transformation, which has made Modern Tantra, or the New Age interpretations of Tantra, more properly called Neotantra, different from the original Tantric traditions of India. For many modern readers, "Tantra" has become a synonym for "spiritual sex" or "sacred sexuality", a belief that sex in itself ought to be recognized as a sacred act which is capable of elevating its participants to a more sublime spiritual plane. Though Neotantra may adopt many of the concepts and terminology of Indian Tantra, it often omits one or more of the following; the traditional reliance on guruparampara (the guidance of a guru), extensive meditative practice, and traditional rules of conduct - both moral and ritualistic.

Not all tantras are sexual in nature, for a comprehensive explanation on Tantra Yoga you can read Swami Sivananda excellent explanation

Tantra Yoga

Sources:

Tantric Sex | Tantric Sex Positions | Tantric Massage | Tantra.com

Tantra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks Trav!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,764 times
I went to visit my family, their cat is in heat. It was flopping around on the ground and rubbing it's ass up against things, making all these weird mating noises. I thought of you moony

Old 05-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I went to visit my family, their cat is in heat. It was flopping around on the ground and rubbing it's ass up against things, making all these weird mating noises. I thought of you moony
MEOOOOOOW

Ha Ha, I can relate to that poor kitty, glad to know I'm on your mind.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
MEOOOOOOW

Ha Ha, I can relate to that poor kitty, glad to know I'm on your mind.
I've been considering for a long time getting a car plate frame "I'm not in heat, get off my tail!," but I'm not sure how impressed my boss is gonna be and our parking lot is not big.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Is anyone familiar w/ the band "Tantric"? This thread reminds me of that group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships