Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 01:03 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times

Advertisements

If I was single I wouldn’t want to date right now. I’m not even sure I would want to do any meet/date for a while.

I try to stay away from people until my wife gets vaccinated as she is in a high risk group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 09:03 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Just because your vaccinated doesn't mean the rest of the world is.
Yup, that was the point of my post.

Quote:
Any frankly I don't think it's a good idea to be the early birds getting the vaccine. Because the vaccine is only effective for 6-9 months, which means you'll need another set before year's end. While we're trying to get the rest of the population vaccinated, you'll have to compete for another spot on the vaccine waiting list before winter hits later this year. The country will not return to normalcy until atleast 2022 2nd half to be optimistic.
Not really asking about the vaccine protections timeline. Right now I should be protected. Some of us have no choice but to get it now due to our line of work. In the future the vaccine will probably be incorporated into the flue vaccine, so it shouldn't be much of an issue down the line. I agree that the country/world will probably not be back to normal until 2022, but I was just asking about dating. Also I'm not really concerned about fighting for a spot to get the vaccine again, I'm in the highest priority group.

Quote:
Also even if you're not in the high risk group, getting covid is not a good thing. More than 1/2 of those that recover have experienced other post covid issues so it's best not to get it without the vaccine or wait til the infection dies down.
Already had it, and haven't experienced any post covid issues, but I am aware that can happen.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:14 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
I am very pleased to be vaccinated and I will be glad when my husband, my parents, etc. are vaccinated, too. But while I wait for that to happen - I'm just super happy to be vaccinated.

I get that it's winter but pick a day when the sun is out, the wind is light then bundle up and meet him for a walk and some coffee. Also, most places with outdoor seating have heat lamps. If you're dressed properly it will be tolerable. Do not go to his house.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Unless you've had the second dose and are two to three weeks beyond that date, you're only partly protected.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I am very pleased to be vaccinated and I will be glad when my husband, my parents, etc. are vaccinated, too. But while I wait for that to happen - I'm just super happy to be vaccinated.

I get that it's winter but pick a day when the sun is out, the wind is light then bundle up and meet him for a walk and some coffee. Also, most places with outdoor seating have heat lamps. If you're dressed properly it will be tolerable. Do not go to his house.
Yea, I've done it, it wasn't enjoyable for me. Those heat lamps can only do so much.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Unless you've had the second dose and are two to three weeks beyond that date, you're only partly protected.
I am aware, thanks.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:11 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
Not experiencing it myself, but, well, all you can be is understanding to your friends, family, & dates because they want to be cautious & w/ these new mutant COVID strains that are ven more contagious, all the more reason to be cautious. Things are going to still be like this for a long, long time. I was going to attend the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics...a dream, bucketlist vacation goal of mine I had started planning for since fall 2018 & of course that got postponed, but even this summer, it's still just some months away & I don't see it happening. Even if it did, I sure don't feel safe going. I've gotten back most of my money. My point is, we ALL wish things were different, but we have to do what's safe & sensible. I guess if that means not seeing friends as much & talking on the phone more, then so be it.

My Mom & I are very close. We live about 15 min from each other. In these last 10 mos, we've seen each other only 2x's on her birthday & Christmas, but we remained outdoors chatting in the backyard (in which I don't have to walk through the house to get in the back), kept our masks on & remained at a distance. I haven't hugged my Mom in 10 mos, which feels odd, but we do it. We've always talked on the phone daily anyway w/o fail even way pre-COVID, so we do the best we can!

Museums are open in your area? Not mine, but it's understandable.

This past week, they were saying to double-up on mask-wearing & I've done it in the past a few times in the past anyway or worn a face shield too, but now I'll double-up even more so or always.

Just do the best you can...enjoy life, but be cautious still.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:46 PM

74 posts, read 48,850 times
I’ve been trying online chatting to. I feel like it’s a waste of time, since outside of tinder hook ups a lot women aren’t willing to come to my place or go to there’s for a first date. Guess I’m not handsome enough. What a shame how little trust we have in each other as human beings that we can’t enjoy a meal in each other’s company.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:54 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrozenwild View Post
I’ve been trying online chatting to. I feel like it’s a waste of time, since outside of tinder hook ups a lot women aren’t willing to come to my place or go to there’s for a first date. Guess I’m not handsome enough. What a shame how little trust we have in each other as human beings that we can’t enjoy a meal in each other’s company.
Even outside of a pandemic, most women aren't going to come to your house on a first date for safety reasons. You're a stranger.

Old 02-04-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Even outside of a pandemic, most women aren't going to come to your house on a first date for safety reasons. You're a stranger.
Yup, has nothing to do with how handsome you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships