Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 04:48 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times

Advertisements

No, it's absolutely not out of line to ask someone not to text you while you're at work. I mean, at some jobs it could get you fired (and at some jobs you wouldn't be allowed to have your phone with you to receive texts or calls in the first place). It's very rare that I would contact someone (SO, friend, family member) during the work day unless I knew they weren't really busy, weren't currently in a meeting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You could also try a different approach to "boundary training". Tell her you won't/can't respond to texts until after 4 PM. Bet she'll learn to stop sending them before then pretty soon.
Exactly; would amount to pretty much the same thing. "If you text me, I won't be able to write back."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 04:52 PM

315 posts, read 300,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
You've been going out for a week and she's your girl friend already?

How long have you known her?
Well, excuse me. You're saying dating for a whole week does not cross the boyfriend threshold? What's your time then Ruby?

Old 01-29-2021, 05:24 PM

2,977 posts, read 1,647,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheuss View Post
Well, excuse me. You're saying dating for a whole week does not cross the boyfriend threshold? What's your time then Ruby?
Longer than a week Morpheuss

Old 01-29-2021, 05:39 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Well, hopefully the OP was nice about it. She's probably excited and wants to talk to him. Hate to see that get squashed.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:49 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, hopefully the OP was nice about it. She's probably excited and wants to talk to him. Hate to see that get squashed.
This.

It = "Im just not that into you."

Old 01-29-2021, 05:50 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
What's the big deal? You can tell her you can't respond to texts...but if she goes ahead, what's the skin off your nose? Too much beeping? Turn down the notifcations volume.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:57 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What's the big deal? You can tell her you can't respond to texts...but if she goes ahead, what's the skin off your nose? Too much beeping? Turn down the notifcations volume.

That's true too. I posted here already, but can't you just turn OFF your phone during your work hours OR put it on silent?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:05 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That may be, but no matter how "excited" she is, OP still has a job to go to and can't be texting all the time. Mature adults will understand this and be able to curb their enthusiasm for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
That's true too. I posted here already, but can't you just turn OFF your phone during your work hours OR put it on silent?
I think it depends on whether she's expecting an answer... she might be one of those "I texted you five minutes ago and you didn't write back did you get my text did you did you are you okay don't you love me anymore it's someone else isn't it?" types.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:24 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
That may be, but no matter how "excited" she is, OP still has a job to go to and can't be texting all the time. Mature adults will understand this and be able to curb their enthusiasm for a few hours.
Lol, yeah, pretty obvious what you wrote here, so much so that I didn't bother to say it out loud, of course, he's at work, we know that and he shouldn't be bothered.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:44 PM

18,124 posts, read 11,758,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheuss View Post
My new girlfriend wants to text me every hour of the day, every day. However as the workplace has it we're almost always busy from 8:00am to 5pm,
What about your job? Won't you get reprimanded for using the phone during work hours? I think you
need to set ground rules now while early in the relationship.

I hope she's doing this because she really enjoys your company and not insecure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships