Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:08 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I assume you didnt read the other posts...this guy is a certified creep.
I did not - yeah, he's a creep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 11:13 AM

19,638 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I think you are referring to Any Schumer? Yes, she did OLD before she got married.

I'm kinda surprised too how kind of reckless he is being. I don't think he has broken any laws but if I wanted to I could expose him with "receipts" but I would never do that. I do have a small Internet following/fan base as well and he knows that now (he didn't before) and I could see how that could make him nervous because it would give my expose more weight and would actually reach an audience.

Maybe he's banking in the fact that he's talking to people in rural BFE that have little or no way to expose him. That might be why he's venturing out of his city to do this, and into the sticks.
Haha it's the internet, one post on the right person's Twitter account could do it.

The comedian I was thinking of isn't Schumer, but female comedians talk a lot about their dating mishaps and many of those stories are true and pretty brutal. Male comedians and musicians, most of them seem to be pigs and don't really try to hide it, hence they get in trouble in this era. Actors may try to hide it more. But Armie Hammer stepped in it- seriously, cannibal sex talk? lol. Marilyn Manson lost his contract over one accusation.

I'm sure celebs get away with a lot before they get caught or someone gets upset and exposes them so they may get confident. They feed off of attention, so it must be very tempting to just sign on a site and have their pick. Men can get real sloppy and dumb when they are thinking with the little head, that is one thing that never changes. lol.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:23 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Haha it's the internet, one post on the right person's Twitter account could do it.

The comedian I was thinking of isn't Schumer, but female comedians talk a lot about their dating mishaps and many of those stories are true and pretty brutal. Male comedians and musicians, most of them seem to be pigs and don't really try to hide it, hence they get in trouble in this era. Actors may try to hide it more. But Armie Hammer stepped in it- seriously, cannibal sex talk? lol. Marilyn Manson lost his contract over one accusation.

I'm sure celebs get away with a lot before they get caught or someone gets upset and exposes them so they may get confident. They feed off of attention, so it must be very tempting to just sign on a site and have their pick. Men can get real sloppy and dumb when they are thinking with the little head, that is one thing that never changes. lol.
I think he would definitely mind being exposed. From what I've seen he has a pretty clean cut image. Kind of wholesome, innocent. And his career depends partly on being paid/cast/hired to appear/perform at various very well known events. So I think he wants to keep his clean cut image.

I'm not sure I consider what happened between us worthy of any expose. We didn't interact very long though. If things had continued it might have gotten more intense or unsavory. But it didn't get that far.

I hope he's careful though. Cancel culture is such that one misstep can cost someone their whole career. Unless they already have a notorious bad boy image, like, say Robert Downey Jr.. he can get away with a lot; but most can't afford that much bad press these days.

Anyway the guy might be smart how he's doing it. He seemed pretty savvy the way he handled me. He might have a strategy in how he goes about it to lessen chance of exposure. But yeah, it's probably something most people wouldn't be proud of, having phone sex and sexting with randos from dating apps; it's pretty seedy as many have noted.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:13 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Well, one thing that occurs to me about celebrities doing naughty things online, is deniability... If it's a matter of texts, then they could claim that somebody just faked or photoshopped it or something. Easily denied. A weenie pic is a weenie pic, without any weird birthmarks or something (lol?) how is anyone going to prove whose junk is in that photo?

There is only ONE thing that makes me think that people should generally be more careful. Not just celebrities. Anyone.

I have met underage people who lied about their age and got on OLD sites. You send something risque to a kid, and you're committing a crime. I think before people send adult content to each other, they should meet on video or in person or something, just to try and verify that you're at least speaking with an adult. You have to be careful. Just my opinion.

And people like Marilyn Manson...well, it's getting out that he's a scumbag who treats women terribly and always has (this actually is not the first complaint against him.) Musicians who have seen it for decades confirm this. And seriously, who's shocked? I liked him in the mid 90s when he first started getting big on MTV and such, but I saw him live in 97, I believe it was, and he was such a pretentious, sleazy joke live that I lost my interest in him completely. Since then I'm just like, "Shut up BRIAN, you're not the Antichrist." (Or make a Monty Python Life of Brian reference, "He's not the Antichrist, he's a very naughty boy!" lol)

I'm just wondering if I should go through the playlists at the club for parties and take out the MM songs, lest anybody get upset. We do play a lot of industrial and goth rock from the 90s, including some of his tracks... I dunno.

Anyhow. Yeah, I guess sometimes women "out" famous guys, sometimes they deserve it and sometimes they don't. That Hammer guy? So he's got a kink. Did he commit an actual crime, aside from having weird fantasies and talk? I heard he cut his initial into a woman's skin...I know tons of people who do stuff like that. Did she consent? If so, then who cares? Not me. It ain't my thing, but lots of things are not and yet that doesn't make them wrong, necessarily. So long as he knows where the line needs to be drawn between fantasy and reality. Most people with weird kinks like that do, in my experience.

But messages and D pics are not illegal, or even that unusual. Unless the recipient isn't an adult. Being pushy is a bad look, but it's not the end of the world.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Mmmm I would be skeptical. Unless they have a blue check mark by their name or other ways of verifying who they are, I would assume the person is a catfish. But I don't doubt some celebs use dating apps. But typically they use ones that are specifically catered to those in that particular line of work. In order to use those apps you have to be invited by other celebs and verify your identity in other ways.

Quote:
Thanks for the replies! It's hard not to come off as eager when I'm very impressed by his achievements, and talent.

But then I was thinking, other people with certain jobs have achievements and talents too but just in a quieter way. An undercover detective busting human trafficking rings has to stay quiet about it.

Well he comes across as a pretty gentlemanly and respectful guy. Maybe he's just trying to connect with fellow humans, like the rest of us. I'll try to calm myself down and just enjoy our chats.
Quote:
^ That's true, they have the same needs. I guess I figured they must come across plenty of interested people in real life, but also during the pandemic they might be forced to venture online even if they didn't before.

Well I think I've encountered a red flag already. We were talking a lot yesterday, into the wee hours of the morning, just normal and flirty conversation.

Then he started to pressure me for phone sex. I told him I wasn't going to (not that I never would, but not this soon!). He pressured more and even got kind of manipulative about it.

I didn't give in to the pressure, but I am feeling less enamored now. It's ok to want phone sex with other willing partners, but it's not ok to pressure and coerce someone who is unwilling.

Then again, maybe I didn't say no assertively enough and he thought I just needed some coaxing. I don't know. The line between what is pressure/coercion and just gentle prodding can be blurry. Well if he's upset he didn't get what he wanted and ghosts me now, I'll have my answer.
Quote:
Thank you for the replies!

I need to recant whatever skepticism or anything I had before. He is actually amazing! I just didn't know much about him and was casting a dubious eye but I'm getting to know him more and the more I learn the more impressed I am.

I'm just going to enjoy this and see where it leads. I think he has a good heart, he's kind, he's a gentleman. It's ok to be dubious of strangers but when that stranger is exhibiting really stellar character traits, then it's time to relax and trust a bit.

There are good people out there, when you recognize one, and have the good luck of crossing paths with them and becoming interested in the possibility of having them in your life, then it's ok to drop one's guard a bit. That is what being emotionally available is.
Quote:
Maybe. But I am testing his mettle.

He seems to consistently try to steer our chats towards sex chat. I'm trying to have normal chat too, like as if we are also intelligent humans. I did give in to sex chat once but it's not like I did it by force. I was feeling attracted too.

But if our relationship isn't going to be sex only, we need to get to know each other in multiple dimensions. Not just "What are you wearing?" "What do you want to do to me right now?"

I don't need to give in to how he steers the conversation. I've got choices here.

We're fighting for dominance now. Will I let him dominate, and will I submit each time to his desire for sexting/phone sex?

Or will I wrestle control of the situation and convince him to see me as more than just sex chat Sue?

Time will tell.
Quote:
Maybe you're right. Well today he asked me to send a picture of what I'm wearing. He was probably trying to hint he wanted a nude or lingerie photo but I sent him a photo of me in what I am actually wearing, which is jeans and a top, no skin revealed. LMAO.

He was polite but he then he suddenly had to go.

I may never hear from him again. Either my current body doesn't pass or hes figuring out I'm not down with the program.

I do think he's a nice guy though. Hes been polite to me. Some women probably want phone sex too. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to judge him or others for doing it. Especially during Covid now it's the safest form of sex!
Lord, not again Moongirl.

You're falling into the same pattern you fell into with the last guy you were talking to. Please pay attention to your thought process here.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Well, one thing that occurs to me about celebrities doing naughty things online, is deniability... If it's a matter of texts, then they could claim that somebody just faked or photoshopped it or something. Easily denied. A weenie pic is a weenie pic, without any weird birthmarks or something (lol?) how is anyone going to prove whose junk is in that photo?

There is only ONE thing that makes me think that people should generally be more careful. Not just celebrities. Anyone.

I have met underage people who lied about their age and got on OLD sites. You send something risque to a kid, and you're committing a crime. I think before people send adult content to each other, they should meet on video or in person or something, just to try and verify that you're at least speaking with an adult. You have to be careful. Just my opinion.

And people like Marilyn Manson...well, it's getting out that he's a scumbag who treats women terribly and always has (this actually is not the first complaint against him.) Musicians who have seen it for decades confirm this. And seriously, who's shocked? I liked him in the mid 90s when he first started getting big on MTV and such, but I saw him live in 97, I believe it was, and he was such a pretentious, sleazy joke live that I lost my interest in him completely. Since then I'm just like, "Shut up BRIAN, you're not the Antichrist." (Or make a Monty Python Life of Brian reference, "He's not the Antichrist, he's a very naughty boy!" lol)

I'm just wondering if I should go through the playlists at the club for parties and take out the MM songs, lest anybody get upset. We do play a lot of industrial and goth rock from the 90s, including some of his tracks... I dunno.

Anyhow. Yeah, I guess sometimes women "out" famous guys, sometimes they deserve it and sometimes they don't. That Hammer guy? So he's got a kink. Did he commit an actual crime, aside from having weird fantasies and talk? I heard he cut his initial into a woman's skin...I know tons of people who do stuff like that. Did she consent? If so, then who cares? Not me. It ain't my thing, but lots of things are not and yet that doesn't make them wrong, necessarily. So long as he knows where the line needs to be drawn between fantasy and reality. Most people with weird kinks like that do, in my experience.

But messages and D pics are not illegal, or even that unusual. Unless the recipient isn't an adult. Being pushy is a bad look, but it's not the end of the world.
I agree. There's nothing wrong with having a kink, nor is there anything wrong with phone sex or sexting with consensual adult partners.

I think Hammers ex is claiming some of the bdsm was nonconsensual. That basically makes it assault. Or there was coercion and manipulation involved, which makes the consent kind of forced consent.

Of course all that is wrong. I admit I don't know a whole lot about the case though. It looks like his career is destroyed whether the allegations are true or not though.

I'm not sure why the women felt he needed to be exposed. I think if they felt he was a dangerous criminal a report to law enforcement with evidence would be appropriate and let the authorities sort it out, but don't do a public smear campaign on someone. I think he wants to file a defamation suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Mmmm I would be skeptical. Unless they have a blue check mark by their name or other ways of verifying who they are, I would assume the person is a catfish. But I don't doubt some celebs use dating apps. But typically they use ones that are specifically catered to those in that particular line of work. In order to use those apps you have to be invited by other celebs and verify your identity in other ways.

Lord, not again Moongirl.

You're falling into the same pattern you fell into with the last guy you were talking to. Please pay attention to your thought process here.
Yeah I guess I see how my perceptions of people can be unstable. I begin to look past the red flags and explain them away somehow. I think also I start blaming myself and giving the other too much benefit of the doubt I think. Thank you for pointing that out.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:52 AM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:

Yeah I guess I see how my perceptions of people can be unstable. I begin to look past the red flags and explain them away somehow. I think also I start blaming myself and giving the other too much benefit of the doubt I think. Thank you for pointing that out.
You have said you see the red flags. Then you explain them away and plow full steam ahead anyway.
Go back over your previous posts about meeting other guys...same pattern each and every time.

A red flag is a red flag is a red flag. Don't doubt yourself; walk away.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You have said you see the red flags. Then you explain them away and plow full steam ahead anyway.
Go back over your previous posts about meeting other guys...same pattern each and every time.

A red flag is a red flag is a red flag. Don't doubt yourself; walk away.

This is a very good observation! I am starting to see it now. Thank you all for pointing this out to me.

Yes, I'm starting to see this guy more clearly now. He played me and I missed the early red flags. I feel kind of disappointed in myself I fell for it. I felt cheap at the time but continued anyway, because, I guess I thought I had to in order to keep his interest. He may have been kind of manipulative about it too. Now I feel kind of cheap and used. And he got what he wanted and has probably moved on to the next mark now.

Well, this is the value in posting this stuff here for me. As time passes I can start to see things more objectively, and there is still a record of my mistakes that I can reflect on, and be careful not to make them again. And the feedback from others keeps me grounded.

So, I made a mistake with this guy. I let my boundaries slip. I put him on a pedestal and relaxed my standards. Now I just see him as a seedy user guy who manipulates vulnerable women for his own pleasure. I'm sure this is a pattern for him.

Well, I'll be more careful. I have been using this dating app experience as sort of training, or practice, for the real thing when I get out and actually start dating for real. I think I've been doing a good job so far, setting standards, having boundaries with guys, with some close calls in which I almost flubbed up badly, and in this last case I did flub up. But now I know what I have to watch out for. I will try not to fall for another "charmer" like him again from the app. I'm sure I will encounter others!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:03 AM

1,246 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Well, this is the value in posting this stuff here for me. As time passes I can start to see things more objectively, and there is still a record of my mistakes that I can reflect on, and be careful not to make them again. And the feedback from others keeps me grounded.
Respectfully... I think you either overdramatize the negative qualities of the men you meet, or else you have specific tastes/preferences that lead you to pick unsavory characters. The overall population isn't made up solely of "seedy users" and your perfect match, with dating the task of sorting between the two.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
Respectfully... I think you either overdramatize the negative qualities of the men you meet, or else you have specific tastes/preferences that lead you to pick unsavory characters. The overall population isn't made up solely of "seedy users" and your perfect match, with dating the task of sorting between the two.
I know, I never said all men are seedy users! I have known and dated very good men as well. Men with very good character traits, moral, upstanding, who contribute to the community, and would never use or abuse anyone.

Those relationships ended though because I was not wanting the same stability they did. I wanted to travel the world and have exciting adventures and that was not compatible with the very stable and predictable lifestyle they wanted. I did date one guy who wanted the same adventure lifestyle ad I did but he took off and moved abroad before I could catch up to being able to do that (it requires some savings). Though I still hear from him, just got an email yesterday in fact, but he has a girlfriend and children now.

I think I just attract some seedy user guys. I don't know why, that's part of what I'm trying to figure out. I also did generate some sexual tension in this last case so it wasn't all him. I was feeling sexual chemistry and couldn't hide that and was being very flirty. So maybe that's why he thought asking for phone sex was ok. Maybe he thought that's what I wanted!

Though that doesn't mean it was ok for him to pressure when I resisted. I think he may feel somewhat entitled in that way. I don't know but Im guessing he must have quite a few women on his jock. I don't understand why someone like him wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships