Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 06:50 PM

65 posts, read 38,282 times

Advertisements

If he's not sharing, then you don't share. Why should he know all about you while you know nothing. I think he'll try to scam you before long with his sob stories about needing cash for whatever story he invents. Red flags all over this one. If he is "for real", I think after talking for 2 months he'd want to meet you in person if he has any real interest.

I can see using the Internet to make a catch, but if you can't reel him in to meet, somethings is up. Just my opinion.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:03 PM

10,118 posts, read 1,025,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, first of all, you're not dating him, you're e-mailing/texting him back and forth.

Secondly, you're going to get taken if you don't stop. The requests (or demands) for money are on the way.
I agree - this has disaster written all over it.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:06 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missunderstood2020 View Post
I’ve been talking to a guy I met online for about two months and these are my concerns

- will not tell me his full first and Last Name
- will not tell me exact date of birth or birthday
-will not tell me exact age
- will not disclose where he lives
- will not go into detail about his personal life or talk about his kids with his prior spouse

This is all due to him making sure he gets to know me better because he doesn’t want his personal information known , he will not open up to me not sure if I should just move on
You need to put the brakes on this.

How do you know you're dating him? Did he ask if you want to date? Even if he did, you can't possibly date a guy you don't know. As others have said, this is more of a texting friendship but you really can't even call it that since you don't know anything about him except a nick name or a user name like we have here. I take it that it's a user name because you say you've been talking online not even via text. If it was messenger you may know his real name. Have you tried googling his user name?

Have you seen a picture of him or even video chatted? If you haven't video chatted you could be cat fished by a woman or who knows who.

I would put my foot down, tell him you cant continue to talk to someone you've never video chatted with, see what his reaction is and depending on that you may have to move on. It doesn't matter how much you click because as I said, it could be a woman. There's a reason they're not taking it to the next level which would be video.

If for some reason you can't call him out, watch some episodes of cat fish to see they're never who they say they are. It;s usually some girl trying to get back at an ex friend.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:58 PM

177 posts, read 131,643 times
He had asked me out on a few dates ,however he won’t send pictures online or do a video chat
But he had invited me out , once on Valentine’s Day and this weekend but I had to work

Old 02-28-2021, 05:08 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
He had asked me out on a few dates ,however he won’t send pictures online or do a video chat
But he had invited me out , once on Valentine’s Day and this weekend but I had to work
Why are you even thinking about seeing him or still communicating with him? He is lying about something. You asked if his failure to disclose anything about himself or send pictures are a red flag. Every single poster said it was and to stay away from him.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:06 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,223,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missunderstood2020 View Post
I’ve been talking to a guy I met online for about two months and these are my concerns

- will not tell me his full first and Last Name
- will not tell me exact date of birth or birthday
-will not tell me exact age
- will not disclose where he lives
- will not go into detail about his personal life or talk about his kids with his prior spouse

This is all due to him making sure he gets to know me better because he doesn’t want his personal information known , he will not open up to me not sure if I should just move on
How many times have you physically met him? I guarantee you I will not give that personal information out online to anybody. If you want that sort of thing you need to get to know me in person. That's the kind of stuff that you commit identy theft with, and people use dating apps to do that sort of thing all the time

Old 03-02-2021, 07:45 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,154 times
I don't think she's met him physically yet.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:34 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Exclamation Sasie123

Misunderstood 2020

Perhaps some of the information I am about to place here, may perhaps open your eyes to a issue that is getting more and more used in all social media.

My daughter and I, have become very-good at meeting these men online, she has met several, and I have met just as many. This is how they operate: They are called: Catfish. Either through their friends or other Catfish, they will send you a message asking to be your friend. They would open a Facebook account, and once you become their friend, they would close it. The name that they have on their Facebook account Messages, and the profile of their photograph are bogus, and do not belong to them. These are chosen at random. They choose a fairly-attractive male, up to about age 50, lie about what they do for a living, and do not tell too much about themselves. First, you would message them, then they ask you to meet them on Whatsapp or Google's Hangouts, but they wait for you to make the first connection. It is called an "invitation." Then they will submit their Google email address, which is also something only known to them.

Initially, they ask questions all about your lifestyle, and what do you for a living, (this is to know how much money you make.) The more professional you are or older, the better for them. Age is NOT A FACTOR. Then the barraged of "I love you, accompanied by Love Songs, every EMOJI of hearts, and bouquet of flowers begin the bombardment. And they are MASTERS to their trade. They read lots of Romance Novels, and get to learn everything a woman loves.

Still not giving you much about their private life. Most of them are in the Military, working as Doctors, Surgeons, or working for large Federal enterprises, Red Cross of America, and most of them are stationed out of the country helping Syria keep Isis out of theirs, or any outside USA country, but not ALWAYS. Once thing they will always tell you, if you ask them is that they are WIDOWED, with one or two children. And make no mistake: They are going to use those children to get MONEY FROM YOU. They are going to use those children for you to get them first, E cards to buy things they cannot get in the country where they are. Games Cards for their birthdays, then as time goes by, BITCOINS, where their price can start at over $500 plus and finally Airplane tickets to come and see you, which are usually close to $2,000 each way. But they will "ghost you." A bunch of lies. My advice to you: RUN, RUN, RUN before you get caught up on it. Because women are known to fall in love with them.......EASILY.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:35 AM

3 posts, read 1,305 times
I wouldn’t worry about it. Seisas is full of services where you can find dozens more guys who will be much more talkative. It is not normal that a business woman cannot trust you with even the most basic information. Just stop talking to him and pay attention to others.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:01 PM

28 posts, read 18,055 times
Default Marriage issues ? Should I be concerned

I don’t know what to do I’m at my wits end , am I Being unreasonable or should I pull a plug on the marriage
Met and married after a short time of knowing each other
- won’t show me pictures of his children he has with prior spouse , even after being married for over a year
- haven’t met his family or children
- we split everything 50/50 as far as the bills
- I buy all the groceries and food bill when we eat out
- he lost his at home job over six months ago , so he does rideshare for UBER and Lyft , so he uses my car to make money . He has my car all day even on weekends
- he’s trying to start his own business , so he exchanges numbers with people he meet on the rideshare in particular women
- we don’t share a bed ( he says this is because I have restless leg syndrome
-he doesn’t do anything special for me like buy flowers or gifts : very unromantic
-when we do have sex , he doesn’t cuddle with me or do any type of foreplay
- when we have sex, he gets up and leaves right afterwards
- I do all the chores around the house . I cool , clean , wash his clothes , and he’s not appreciative
- didn’t exchange gifts for Christmas because he doesn’t believe in it
- lately don’t go out : doesn’t take me out : we just stay home and eat all day even on his off days

I’m tired and worn out . I’m ready to pull the plug . I ve tried to be patient ,l. He tells me the reason I can’t meet his children and family is because I’m not 100 percent obedient to him .
If I forget to do something , like forget to put the car keys on the table for him to drive Uber , he notes that as disobedience or if I don’t do something 100 percent the way he asks me to , he tells me I’m disobedient

What should I do .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships