Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 01:29 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,579,737 times

Advertisements

the car and apartment thing is less likely an issue in a place like boston where a large percentage of commuters also rely on the t and live in dense three family/condo/apartment buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 01:41 PM

17,774 posts, read 9,221,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Zero matches or extremely desperate women.
He has a job, he has kids, and he sounds responsible. I don't think he'll have a problem finding matches.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:43 PM

60 posts, read 52,185 times
The only part I'm going to address is the job)kid stuff:

I personally am not looking for someone to spend a ton of time with. I am busy with my job and my kids, and enjoy - no, NEED - alone time. If I meet someone who is busy with work and kids and life, I'm ok with only seeing them once a week or even once every two weeks. I'd appreciate a daily text just to say helloand check in, but lengthy conversations don't have to happen every day. So in summary, I wouldn't be bothered by your lack of time due to work and kids.

I am bothered that you make it sound as though you're only "likely" to get a divorce if you think you can find someone who will have a relationship with you given your 'lifestyle issues'. Sounds like you're going to keep your wife around if you don't think you can find something "better". Not cool.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:52 PM

125 posts, read 76,181 times
This (previous post)

Old 03-07-2021, 04:01 PM

7 posts, read 4,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannjoann12345 View Post
The only part I'm going to address is the job)kid stuff:

I personally am not looking for someone to spend a ton of time with. I am busy with my job and my kids, and enjoy - no, NEED - alone time. If I meet someone who is busy with work and kids and life, I'm ok with only seeing them once a week or even once every two weeks. I'd appreciate a daily text just to say helloand check in, but lengthy conversations don't have to happen every day. So in summary, I wouldn't be bothered by your lack of time due to work and kids.

I am bothered that you make it sound as though you're only "likely" to get a divorce if you think you can find someone who will have a relationship with you given your 'lifestyle issues'. Sounds like you're going to keep your wife around if you don't think you can find something "better". Not cool.

Let me clarify. I'm not the spouse pushing for a divorce. We argue a lot but the root issues aren't what cite as problems above. Without going off on a tangent. My wife expected when we got a married that I would be a "high earner" like her dad and relatives. We are all in the same profession. Unfortunately, that profession wasn't a fit for me and I had to change career paths. I'm now a mere a corporate bureaucrat with a middle class income. She was pretty angry about it. She does complain about the other issues but they aren't really at the root of our problems. If I was clearing $500k + a year like Dad I'm pretty sure there would be a change of attitude. I asked about lifestyle issues because I'm wondering what to expect from others who may have a problem with me working a ton, being tied up with kids, having medical issues, etc.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayinit View Post
When you say you're likely getting divorced, is that because you are pursuing the divorce, or your spouse is? Your answer has a lot to do with my answer.
She is pushing for it. I'm reacting. I still haven't consulted a lawyer but she has at least twice. Her parents have retitled some of her assets to keep them out of a divorce. I'm just starting to thinking about life post-marriage. For example, I took a look at local apartment prices and went into shock.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
You are LIKELY getting a divorce? Does that mean you aren't sure? Don't you think you ought to solve that problem before jumping on to the next?

Does your getting a divorce or not depend on our answers on what we think your dating prospects would be?
I say "likely" because my spouse would be the initiator. I wouldn't do that to my kids unless she hits them or something. She has been talking about this for a couple years off and on. I think she is holding off because she 1) fears being a single parent (me too!!!) and 2) she is worried she may fare poorly in a property settlement if there is actually a divorce.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Why don't you wait until after you are divorced (and you handle the aftermath) until you think about dating? You have a lot going on, including small kids that will be affected, and trying to worry about dating and all of that is a bit much, in my opinion.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:09 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,651,961 times
It would depend on what the medical issues were.

However I wouldn't become involved with a recently divorced man.

Too soon. Divorced people need some time to be single to process what just happened.

Many women don't want to date a man with young children, who works a lot, and has limited time for her.

But if you're exceptionally good looking none of your issues should be a hinderence.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:36 PM

61,751 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
He has a job, he has kids, and he sounds responsible. I don't think he'll have a problem finding matches.
Here you go, OP - your #1 fan!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships