Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 04:03 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,759,543 times

Advertisements

We really hit it off and I was really looking forward to meeting her and she suggested we meet at 11am on saturday morning. I was like......."well I normally go to sleep around 4am/5am on friday night so lets make it 1pm? For some reason she was stuck on 11am and said she got weird vibes from me going to bed so late? That was the earliest someone ever suggested meeting me from a dating app and I found it to be a bit odd. Normally when I meet someone it's early afternoon or the evening. Anyone else think meeting at 11am in the morning is weird?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 04:08 PM

11,811 posts, read 12,053,785 times
No, it’s not weird.

Sounds like incompatibility if you’re digging in your heels already.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:11 PM

14,539 posts, read 12,179,244 times
11am is so late it's almost not morning any more. Hint... most places serving breakfast STOP serving breakfast around that time.

It's odd that if 11 was OK that 1 was a deal-breaker, but it's also really odd for you to regularly stay up until 4 or 5 am and say you would want to do that even if you had an "early" Saturday date planned.

It might suggest a basic conflict in lifestyle if she's not a night owl.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
No, it’s not weird.

Sounds like incompatibility if you’re digging in your heels already.
Now if she wanted to come over my place at 11am then that's the something I could have been up for lol Plus I already made a decision to go closer to her the first time and this is how I get treated because I suggested 1pm.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
11am is so late it's almost not morning any more. Hint... most places serving breakfast STOP serving breakfast around that time.

It's odd that if 11 was OK that 1 was a deal-breaker, but it's also really odd for you to regularly stay up until 4 or 5 am and say you would want to do that even if you had an "early" Saturday date planned.

No, I go to bed at 4am/5am on friday night and saturday night because I am off the next day

Old 04-02-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

I explained to her that I have to get up early the first 3 saturdays in April and that I was looking forward to the last saturday in march because I was going to be able to sleep past 10am. Starting tomorrow I have to get up at 7:30am which means tonight I have to be in the bed tonight by 1am. So that's why I didnt want to get up earlier because I knew what I had to do in April

Old 04-02-2021, 04:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 12,179,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I explained to her that I have to get up early the first 3 saturdays in April and that I was looking forward to the last saturday in march because I was going to be able to sleep past 10am. Starting tomorrow I have to get up at 7:30am which means tonight I have to be in the bed tonight by 1am. So that's why I didnt want to get up earlier because I knew what I had to do in April
Getting to bed by 1am isn't hard for most grownups. To me, this whole answer ^ is a bunch of reasons why not over a two hour difference in what most people consider the middle of the day.

Maybe a simpler answer would have been better: "Sorry.... 11 doesn't work, can you do 1?"

Otherwise, as a practical matter I don't think I would be compatible with someone who wants to stay up all night just because they can. I got over that in college. Could be she's just not into that.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:36 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
Quote:
We really hit it off and I was really looking forward to meeting her and she suggested we meet at 11am on saturday morning. I was like......."well I normally go to sleep around 4am/5am on friday night so lets make it 1pm? For some reason she was stuck on 11am and said she got weird vibes from me going to bed so late? That was the earliest someone ever suggested meeting me from a dating app and I found it to be a bit odd. Normally when I meet someone it's early afternoon or the evening. Anyone else think meeting at 11am in the morning is weird?
I don’t think it is weird but definitely not common. I’d ask what the hell is so critical about 11am that she won’t get off of?

Typically, 4-5am would be a super late night back in DC super wasted for me. I would never stay up that late simply for the hell of it.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:07 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,231,283 times
Quote:
I'd say be glad you dodged that bullet. If she's that picky and demanding you don't want anything to do with her.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:11 PM

61,861 posts, read 87,339,575 times
1. She probably thought that you are a big time party animal
2. She realized that you aren't into her much, otherwise you would get up earlier to meet her for (brunch?)
3. She decided that your lifestyle is not compatible with hers.
4. Maybe she wanted to meet at 11AM because she already had plans for lunch (someone else lined up, parents, friends...)

1. If you were so interested to meet her, you could just say that you will be busy at 11, and propose 1PM without any explanation.
2. You already decided to get closer to her, but not up to a sex at noon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships