Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 11:03 AM

10,337 posts, read 6,887,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover View Post
I am open to a relationship but a FWB thing is ok too. I prefer a white woman (im black). I don't know that i do anything to make myself interesting. I don't have any interesting hobbies or anything like that.
OK, I see the road block, now. What you need is "exposure." We need to get you outside, doing things. (They don't have to be expensive, either.)

Things like~

1. Take up hiking. Or golf/tennis.

2. Rent a horse, for a trail ride.

3. Learn a new skillset. (I teach motorcycling.)

4. Take a class at the local Senior Center (when COVID is finally managed.)

5. Swimming/surfing

6. Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)

7. Yoga on a SUP. (NOT as easy as it looks.)

8. Anything that you've wanted to learn that's OUTSIDE.

Hey, I know where there's a "Jousting School!"

Old 03-17-2021, 11:13 AM

11,812 posts, read 12,053,785 times
Quote:
No I’m not looking for a sugar momma . I can take care of myself. Just because someone wants someone older is not always about money
Based on your other thread, it seems you have a particular hang-up about older women. If you took the advice to make yourself a more interesting person by discovering a new hobby or interest, and become the kind of person women would want to date, why not look in your peer group instead of significantly older women?

Old 03-17-2021, 11:17 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,045,482 times
Quote:
I’m 38. Would prefer women 10-20 years older to date and maybe have a relationship with. I have tried online dating sites like tinder and match but don’t seem to find any women that are interested. How do I find these women who might be interested?

I'm kinda serious...

Divorce recovery groups?

Book clubs
Community college classes...like art classes, photography classes, etc.
Wineries (I've always thought wineries are the places to go, to meet receptive women)

Old 03-17-2021, 01:07 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,815,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Based on your other thread, it seems you have a particular hang-up about older women. If you took the advice to make yourself a more interesting person by discovering a new hobby or interest, and become the kind of person women would want to date, why not look in your peer group instead of significantly older women?
Nothing wrong with women my age but I just find myself more physically attracted to older women

Old 03-17-2021, 03:01 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,478,233 times
Well, you’re not making it easy on yourself with the criteria you’ve set for yourself. However, if you’re a sports lover, maybe you can find outdoor activities that attract women who like hiking, cycling, kayaking, etc. Single women tend to like that kind of thing.

Women also like farmers markets, art festivals, and wine tastings. Women enjoy equestrian events but those are usually the kind who expect a certain standard of living. Others like football and other team sports, but they probably don’t attend those games without a date. And, of course there are sports bars.

Obviously, you need to be personable and well groomed. If you look attractive, you might have some luck.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:10 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,659,240 times
Are you looking for a fling or a relationship OP?

If a relationship, I suggest church.

In particular a progressive Presbyterian church in an urban area with a good white/black mix. Adult Sunday school class members become very close, very bonded. Some churches have singles classes.

Often attractive widows/divorcees are active church members, very vivacious and popular.

Can you sing? Join the choir, another good place to meet women. Choir members often have their own parties and social events outside of church.

And you'll eat good, church food is famously delicious

Old 03-17-2021, 06:16 PM

6,472 posts, read 3,999,739 times
One thing to remember, OP-- you can take up all the hobbies you want to meet women, but if they're not something you actually enjoy, it's likely to backfire. You won't like living a lie acting like you're actually into philately / running / going to the museum / playing in an orchestra / photography, and the person you meet won't understand why you no longer seem into doing these things with them (and won't be happy when the truth comes out that you just pretended you were into it to pick up chicks).

If you want to find a new hobby for you, then fine, but if it's something you do just to meet women, it's probably not going to end that well.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,673,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Even during Covid?

Yep, I met two.
Maybe it's because of Covid that I'm meeting them. Maybe they don't have access to their peers.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,815,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
One thing to remember, OP-- you can take up all the hobbies you want to meet women, but if they're not something you actually enjoy, it's likely to backfire. You won't like living a lie acting like you're actually into philately / running / going to the museum / playing in an orchestra / photography, and the person you meet won't understand why you no longer seem into doing these things with them (and won't be happy when the truth comes out that you just pretended you were into it to pick up chicks).

If you want to find a new hobby for you, then fine, but if it's something you do just to meet women, it's probably not going to end that well.
You make a good point. Thanks for saying that. It definitely is something to think about

Old 03-17-2021, 11:56 PM

4,036 posts, read 3,316,777 times
Quote:
I am open to a relationship but a FWB thing is ok too. I prefer a white woman (im black). I don't know that i do anything to make myself interesting. I don't have any interesting hobbies or anything like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Are you looking for a fling or a relationship OP?

If a relationship, I suggest church.

In particular a progressive Presbyterian church in an urban area with a good white/black mix. Adult Sunday school class members become very close, very bonded. Some churches have singles classes.

Often attractive widows/divorcees are active church members, very vivacious and popular.

Can you sing? Join the choir, another good place to meet women. Choir members often have their own parties and social events outside of church.

And you'll eat good, church food is famously delicious
For an actual relationship, I think this is excellent advice. The gender ratio at churches especially in the age range of women the OP is interested in is very favorable at churches. An inner city Presbyterian Church would work, but so too would almost any church in an urban area. These churches will be more diverse and this is the type of place you could find an older white liberal woman willing to date a younger black man.

That said if you are looking more for an FWB type of relationship, I would actually look at getting active politically and especially active in demonstrations. Definitely at the Bernie Sanders and other type of progressive politicians, the people real active in these causes and related activities like BLM protests are going to attract the type of white liberal women that are down for an FWB.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-24-2021 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: Political garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships