Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 05:53 AM

16 posts, read 10,513 times

Advertisements

I was talking to and went out a few times with a girl for several months. We’ve been communicating less and I think she may have been upset. I recently found out through a friend that she made a fake account and has been adding my friends on social media viewing their pictures, stories, etc. for a while now. I didn’t tell my friends who this is but I was able to figure it out based on what they told me. The account has been deleted now. I told my friends it might be a toxic ex I had because I don’t want to tell them who she is. The last conversation I had with her, we discussed taking a break from talking. Should I send her a message telling her I know what’s going on? Should I just delete and block her? Wait to see if she contacts me and then bring it up?

Last edited by Marc00_; 04-20-2021 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 06:02 AM

6,567 posts, read 8,413,334 times
Delete and block.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:21 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,343,994 times
...and then send her a note in study hall saying you don't like her. It will doubly reinforce that you want her to leave you alone.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Delete and block.
Ok, that’s what I am thinking.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlokk View Post
She's probably having a hard time not speaking with you. I'd forgive her, and go to couples counseling. I'm guessing one is clingy, and the other employees distancing strategies.

Did you drop her on Facebook as well? Maybe, it's not her?
We weren’t in a relationship. We met in person twice. We talked online for a several months. Do you think I should text her and ask her about why she did that? Or just block her? I don’t have social media right now, we communicate on what’s app.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:55 PM

6,472 posts, read 3,999,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc00_ View Post
We weren’t in a relationship. We met in person twice. We talked online for a several months. Do you think I should text her and ask her about why she did that? Or just block her? I don’t have social media right now, we communicate on what’s app.
You don't even know for sure it was her, so she'll just deny it. And if you don't want to engage with her, then as others have said-- don't. Block her and forget her. And let your friends know that "friending" random people is maybe not always the best idea.

(And it doesn't matter if she's "having a hard time not speaking with you." That's for her to deal with, not you; she's an adult, right? Assuming you weren't mean to her, you have no obligation to "feel sorry for her" because you no longer want to be friends-or-whatever-you-were.)

Old 04-20-2021, 08:01 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc00_ View Post
I was talking to and went out a few times with a girl for several months. We’ve been communicating less and I think she may have been upset. I recently found out through a friend that she made a fake account and has been adding my friends on social media viewing their pictures, stories, etc. for a while now. I didn’t tell my friends who this is but I was able to figure it out based on what they told me. The account has been deleted now. I told my friends it might be a toxic ex I had because I don’t want to tell them who she is. The last conversation I had with her, we discussed taking a break from talking. Should I send her a message telling her I know what’s going on? Should I just delete and block her? Wait to see if she contacts me and then bring it up?
Give nothing. Even negative attention is positive to a stalker.

Block delete tell your friends to block or delete.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:01 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,369,474 times
Don't communicate with people you think are being stalkerish. Any communication, even negative, gives them the attention and connection they crave.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:35 AM

Yeah I’m not really interested in talking to her but I was wondering if I should ask her why she did that. We communicated on what’s app and I already deleted her but I think I should go ahead and block her too.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:00 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,478,233 times
Why don’t you tell her clearly that you aren’t interested in a relationship and that you wish her well? Then block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships