Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 02:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,023 times

Advertisements

I survived a 12 yr. marriage to a narcissist. It wasn't until 4-5 yrs into our marriage, that he gradually started to say & do things out of the normal. If he was suspicious of anything I did, he would "even the score" somehow, just to be despiteful. [MOD] deleted as inappropriate [/MOD] Eventually, it got worse when he reunited with an "old friend"... Meth!. He quit when I came in his life. Although, he would always say woman can't handle dope. I never thought that those words were meant for me and would bring havoc into my life and be used again myself or by my husband. I had never done drugs before, however, my brother didn't hide the effects to good. After our second child, I wanted my tubes tied and decided to tell him at the last minute and well, hear him tell it, i wanted to cheat and not have baby with another other than him. Things continued down hill, I became addicted to meth and my husband's uncle pressured me to the point

Last edited by june 7th; 05-07-2021 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 11:18 AM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Too bad you didn't see the narc signs/characteristics to never get involved w/ him in the first place. But, at least most of that's all behind you.

Old 05-08-2021, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,874 times
How would you know based off one post ever made. That most of it's behind her?

Old 05-08-2021, 06:54 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
I guess her key words of saying she "survived" her marriage & that it was the, "past" made me jump to that conclusion. I also meant to add at the end, "...I hope?"

Old 05-11-2021, 06:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabennett88 View Post
I survived a 12 yr. marriage to a narcissist. It wasn't until 4-5 yrs into our marriage, that he gradually started to say & do things out of the normal. If he was suspicious of anything I did, he would "even the score" somehow, just to be despiteful. Eventually, it got worse when he reunited with an "old friend"... Meth!. He quit when I came in his life. Although, he would always say woman can't handle dope. I never thought that those words were meant for me and would bring havoc into my life and be used again myself or by my husband. I had never done drugs before, however, my brother didn't hide the effects to good. After our second child, I wanted my tubes tied and decided to tell him at the last minute and well, hear him tell it, i wanted to cheat and not have baby with another other than him. Things continued down hill, I became addicted to meth and my husband's uncle pressured me to the point
Having also been married for 12 years to an 'N' (eventually clinically diagnosed as BPD, with NPD 'co-morbidity'), I can 'relate'. And yeah, also experienced my own share of 'drama'. Though in the wisdom of hindsight, these days I tend to ask myself why I continued to stay for so long?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships