Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 08:21 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,765,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
I’m not sure what being male female has to do with it. In either case it’s a privacy breach and I wouldn’t tolerate it from anyone,whether I’m dating them or not. I’d maybe give them a second chance but how they react to my telling them their behavior is unacceptable would determine if we move forward.

Oh, and welcome to c-d.
I have had two women send me messages from the guy’s email/phone… in neither case was anything remotely romantic happening with the guy. I have no idea how it worked out from the girlfriend’s perspective since it is safe to say I was not interested in having any more interactions with either guy after that. I think one read through like the entire text history. I had been friends with the guy for several years before they even met, so that was a whole lot of texts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 10:51 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,557,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cufflinkchick23 View Post
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask what would your reaction be if your girlfriend asked to use your phone e.g. to video something as her memory was full and then you noticed she looked at your messages.

Would it be a problem?
What would you say or do?

I just want to compare that to the reaction that came to see what is normal for other people.

Particularly interested in hearing male opinions as men may react differently to women.

Don't give me your A1 response on a good day - tell me what you would feel like doing. Thanks so much!
It doesn't matter what other men think. It matters what yours thinks.

Call this a hunch, but it sounds to me like your partner got angry at you and you are here fishing for men who will say they wouldn't care so you can go back and invalidate his feelings about you snooping through his messages, like "other guys don't care, you're blowing this out of proportion."

You looked at something of his that you did not ask to look at and he did not give you permission to look at. That is crossing a boundary and he has every right to be unhappy about that. Own your actions and behavior and apologize to him, instead of trying to defend the indefensible.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:14 PM

10,498 posts, read 7,099,862 times
Open book here...

Old 11-25-2021, 06:32 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,406,887 times
No big deal for me. I have nothing to hide. It would only bother me if we were not getting along and she is trying to find something.

Old 11-25-2021, 07:38 AM

15,143 posts, read 10,208,803 times
I'm kinda the opposite.

I have my phone.. it is private.

She has her phone.. it is private.

Any expectations of my privacy or her privacy being opened as a condition of the relationship seemingly means there is no trust. I think everyone, relationship or not, should expect some level of privacy.

If she asked me to look at my phone for a particular reason, I would hand it over to her after a discussion as to the reason. Its really no big deal. However, my relationships have always been somewhat open... so you gotta have a level of trust in order for it to continue.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:33 AM

14,303 posts, read 14,918,677 times
My friends wife said he could look at anything on her phone except her Amazon orders.....LOL

Old 11-25-2021, 11:19 PM

643 posts, read 314,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cufflinkchick23 View Post
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask what would your reaction be if your girlfriend asked to use your phone e.g. to video something as her memory was full and then you noticed she looked at your messages.

Would it be a problem?
What would you say or do?

I just want to compare that to the reaction that came to see what is normal for other people.

Particularly interested in hearing male opinions as men may react differently to women.

Don't give me your A1 response on a good day - tell me what you would feel like doing. Thanks so much!
Since I have nothing to hide, I would not mind at all.

If I were hiding something, then, I would be upset.

Old 11-27-2021, 01:23 PM

10,741 posts, read 13,469,094 times
My wife and I allow each other to look at one another's phones - messages, email, etc. And, because of that, neither of us ever look at the other's phone. We even track each other's location. It is all about trust.

Old 11-28-2021, 01:11 AM

1,466 posts, read 749,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
Since I have nothing to hide, I would not mind at all.

If I were hiding something, then, I would be upset.
That's kind of my way of thinking, hiding things or keeping secretes would make me not trust someone, for me trust is not automatic it is based on behavior if someone tries to keep me out of aspects of their life I'm not gonna trust them and most likely will move on.

"none of your business" is not something a romantic partner should hear. I didn't hide anything from people I've been romantically involved with and tried not to do anything that would cause any doubt.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:53 PM

643 posts, read 314,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
That's kind of my way of thinking, hiding things or keeping secretes would make me not trust someone, for me trust is not automatic it is based on behavior if someone tries to keep me out of aspects of their life I'm not gonna trust them and most likely will move on.

"none of your business" is not something a romantic partner should hear. I didn't hide anything from people I've been romantically involved with and tried not to do anything that would cause any doubt.
Right on, it's usually the folks that are hiding stuff that use the "trust" word. "we need to trust each other" yet they're low key on all the hookup sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships