Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 07:10 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,059,508 times

Advertisements

Seriously. Her friendliness is part of her job and plays a role in her income. Enjoy her friendliness but leave her alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 07:44 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guawazi View Post
In brief, I've been chatting with the bartender at a bar I frequent a lot. She's cool, friendly, attractive, etc. She seems to think I am the same, and has mentioned so. Can't tell if this is standard good customer retention tactics or if she's actually interested. I asked if she enjoys coffee, she says yes. I asked her what days she has off and if she'd be up to grab coffee sometime to chat about stuff while she isn't working. She said possibly and I managed to grab her number. I waited a four or five days and sent her a text to see if she was free for coffee sometime over the weekend. No response yet.

I go to this bar a lot so I am debating whether to casually confront her about it, don't mention it at all, or just never go back to the bar until she replies one way or the other, if at all. Thoughts?
She knows you for a bit, has talked and laughed and been cool with you. If she was interested, she would not have answered with the word possibly. That sounds to me like she felt trapped: say no and create an awkward situation after which the bar and her tip jar could lose a steady income stream, but say yes and it makes it appear that she's interested when she's not.

If she was intersted, she would have said "Sure," or "I'd like that," or something similar.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:44 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
Just go and order another drink. Cut out the friendliness. Bartenders (male and female) are not much different than strippers and band members. They usually all have an endless stream of people hitting in them. Would you really want to date someone in that lifestyle. Sure, it’s a conquer now but when she is being hit on years on in, you are not gonna tolerate it. And she is gonna thorn around and tell you that you knew her profession when you met her. She will choose bartending over you. She doesn’t sound interested at all by reading your description. Good luck

Old 01-29-2022, 12:43 PM

4,416 posts, read 2,938,422 times
Bartenders get asked of all the time and they’re paid to talk to you and act Interested. it’s actually not appropriate to ask out bartenders and wait staff.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:54 PM

228 posts, read 161,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
As someone who helped run a bar with mostly female bartenders, I will say they are paid to keep the customers coming back. Bartenders set the tone of the bar... It's their job.

They get A Lot of numbers.
Are they more likely to cheat?

Old 01-29-2022, 02:22 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_charge View Post
Not from my observation.... A lot of the bars won't allow bartenders to drink on the shift either.

Old 01-29-2022, 02:38 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times
Back in time I always gave a female my number and said if you are as interested as I am, call me. If not, at least I will not be bugging you.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:06 PM

9,844 posts, read 4,626,999 times
As noted don't confuse professional friendlyness or good customer service with actual interest.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:08 PM

1,483 posts, read 683,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
As noted don't confuse professional friendlyness or good customer service with actual interest.
What would you call a restaurant employee who consistently asks me personal questions such as my name, where I live, do I live alone, where do I work, etc.?

I'd say that's a couple notches above "professional friendlyness (sic) or good customer service" but let's hear from the 'experts', shall we...

BTW, yes I am in the midst of that situation now.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:09 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_charge View Post
Well played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships