Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 12:36 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHorizonsNow View Post
I figure worst case, I can get the tattoos removed

That is not the point. The point is that you are doing things to your body because of her. That is not healthy. Be your own person.

And no, you cannot just get them removed. That is expensive, painful, and risky, and it does not always work well.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that you are behaving irrationally and irresponsibly, both with your "most of the time" contraception and the tattoos.

The problem is not your girlfriend. It's your behavior. All she is doing is enabling it, but you're the one doing it. Neither of you sounds like you have a lick of common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 12:41 PM

48 posts, read 20,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
That is not the point. The point is that you are doing things to your body because of her. That is not healthy. Be your own person.

And no, you cannot just get them removed. That is expensive, painful, and risky, and it does not always work well.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that you are behaving irrationally and irresponsibly, both with your "most of the time" contraception and the tattoos.

The problem is not your girlfriend. It's your behavior. All she is doing is enabling it, but you're the one doing it. Neither of you sounds like you have a lick of common sense.

I think we have common sense in the areas/instances that matter.

Old 02-11-2022, 12:45 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Do you consider yourself in her "league"? Or is she far hotter than anyone else you've ever dated?

Old 02-11-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you consider yourself in her "league"? Or is she far hotter than anyone else you've ever dated?

To answer your 2nd question, yes. To answer your first question, looks wise, no, I'm not at her level, but, given that a decent amountbof my co-workers date pretty attractive looking women, its kind of expected on that front, so, in a weird way, I feel I'm in her league in that aspect.

Old 02-11-2022, 12:49 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
I think we have common sense in the areas/instances that matter.
This story is pretty familiar to me, only because I have a friend who had a similar relationship with a woman. Like you, he primarily had relationships with more sedate women. Then he ended up dating this woman who was fun and extrovert. He told me at one point he had broken up with her because she was a heavy drinker, but ultimately he ended up getting back with her because she got pregnant with his kid. We went no contact after she sent me a drunk message from his phone, and another friend of mine who is her facebook friend tells me that she now has another SO. FWIW she was purportedly on birth control. Did not help much.

USE PROTECTION EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Old 02-11-2022, 12:51 PM

11,063 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post

What????!!!!

Quote:
I've only caught her being snobby a few times and I've either talked to her about it, or tried to patch things up on her behalf.
You know something, it's not your place to clean up her mess. And you're seeing early on that she's a snob. What makes you think her parents are going to accept you? They likely want her with some well to do guy that is on her and especially THEIR level.

I cannot tell you how many red flags there are. You are making excuse, after excuse, after excuse. And you're not using protection to prevent BRINGING A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD. I guess you think her money and her parents' money will just take care of that should it happen.

I was married to a well to do guy. Very snobby, very arrogant, I had to clean up the mess when we would attend parties. I actually got a call from a friend who said she wasn't going to invite us anymore because of the way he made fun of me in front of everyone at parties, in addition to being snobby to people at the party. Great. No more invites, stuck with a jerk.

I suppose you'll have an excuse for the snobby behavior too! If she acts like this early on, how will she act when the "honeymoon" phase is over?

Mod cut. You've made you mind up that you're right and everyone here is wrong. Good luck with that. You deserve everything that is coming to you and don't think it won't.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-11-2022 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 02-11-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
What????!!!!
Sometimes I forget. You know, you're just caught up in the mood & you don't think clearly enough to remember the protection. 8 out of 10 times I'd say I remember.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:00 PM

11,063 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Quote:
Sometimes I forget. You know, you're just caught up in the mood & you don't think clearly enough to remember the protection. 8 out of 10 times I'd say I remember.
See my edited post above this one.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
No, that doesn't happen. At least one of the party will "remember." It's never about forgetting, it's always about laziness, not wanting to, or purposely taking risks.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:05 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
IDK if I'd say she has a " serious drinking problem"
Alcoholism takes many forms, grasshopper. True, we don't know all the details, but weekend binging definitely is a known form of it. Are we going too far at this point, to use the A-word? Maybe, or maybe not. But I'm just saying, that there's a weekend binge pattern here, that could be indicative of an issue.

Let me ask you this: can you recall spending a weekend with her that didn't involve alcohol? Do you recall her going 24 hrs. on a weekend without grabbing a beer? Just one day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships