Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 01:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

She may just suck at posting. Most people do.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:22 PM

439 posts, read 423,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'm guessing it is to preserve the privacy of the relationship. He doesn't want everyone to see him interacting with his GF publicly in that way. Like some guys don't enjoy PDA and would like to keep their intimacy private.

Do people really keep track of who likes who's FB posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
He probably doesn’t want to come on too strong. My last serious girlfriend, I initially “liked” a lot of her Facebook posts, but then kind of caught myself and thought that it may be a little too much to like a lot of her posts. So I consciously backed off a little. I would still occasionally “like” her posts, but was more selective. Not because anything changed in terms of my feelings, but more so, I just thought that it may have been a little much to like her posts all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
If you are interacting in person you don't need to interact via SM. SM is more for people who are distant, live far apart, and don't have much contact with each other outside of SM. SM is how they connect.

But if you live with someone or see them often irl, its redundant to also be all over their SM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
If they are dating, as in actually seeing each other in person, he may just look at her stuff quickly and not bother with liking. If he's got the real deal why would pics be important. Seems like your friend is insecure, immature.
Great posts thanks!

I don't think she is insecure- she just seems to have a very different perspective on social media use and meaning.

I know that I have friends I see all the time and at work and I still interact with them all the time on Facebook/Insta, etc. My thing is it's fun and it adds to my friendships.