Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 04:11 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Well, OP, you've pretty much got nothing to lose here, so you could be honest. Always a radical suggestion, I know. But you could tell him that his decisions so far look to you like he's not serious, so if that's true. let's just call the whole thing off, and you'll be find with that. OTOH, if you've misread the situation, he'll have to prove it to you, at which time you'll apologize. One more strike, and he's out.

Or, you could block him and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 04:36 PM

670 posts, read 480,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, OP, you've pretty much got nothing to lose here, so you could be honest. Always a radical suggestion, I know. But you could tell him that his decisions so far look to you like he's not serious, so if that's true. let's just call the whole thing off, and you'll be find with that. OTOH, if you've misread the situation, he'll have to prove it to you, at which time you'll apologize. One more strike, and he's out.

Or, you could block him and move on.
Yea I was thinking of saying something. To be honest I hate just ignoring without speaking my mind. But I was trying to think of a way to say it without coming off desperate or aggressive. I was thinking of saying similar to what you have for the first part of that sentence.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:46 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Yea I was thinking of saying something. To be honest I hate just ignoring without speaking my mind. But I was trying to think of a way to say it without coming off desperate or aggressive. I was thinking of saying similar to what you have for the first part of that sentence.
I don’t think it’s desperate to tell a guy that you don’t think it’s worth it to continue talking to this guy if he doesn’t ever intend to meet your irl. While I can understand that he probably felt compelled to go out with that client, 2 cancellations in that short a time period, before you have even met, don’t make things look promising on his end.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:07 PM

Should I say “i was looking forward to getting together with you but doesn’t seem like you are really interested I have limited nights off with my schedule with my son. “.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:29 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,876 times
Quote:
Should I say “i was looking forward to getting together with you but doesn’t seem like you are really interested I have limited nights off with my schedule with my son. “.
Yep. Direct and to the point - good. You shouldn't have to put up with his vacillating behavior - not your problem that he cannot 'get it together'.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:50 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Clients pay the bills. App dates do not.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:21 PM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
I’m talking to this guy online since Friday. We seemed to really hit it off and was excited about it. I had a date with someone else sat night who ended up cancelling two hours before the date. Was disappointed but I asked the guy I was interested in to hang and he said yes. An hour later he changed his mind and cancelled saying he was too tired from the night before. We rescheduled for Monday and texted all weekend how excited we were.

Then he messages this morning that he doesn’t think he can do tonight because he ended up staying out late last night and needs to food shop and meal prep. I am pissed. I just said okay. Then he sends another message saying now his client just called and is taking him to the basketball game but
He doesn’t want to go. So you ditched me but now will go to an event with your client!?

Debating how to handle this. I am already in an angry mood from being rejected Saturday so wanted to check I’m not out of line being annoyed by this ? Should I come out and say something or just one word answers and ignore ?
It's okay for people to change their minds. The good thing is that he gave you some reasons and you can start painting a picture of this guy's life. For example, is it true that he normally shops and meal preps on Mondays? That would explain why staying out the night before would interfere with that routine. So if you plan again for something on a Monday, I would follow up with him the evening before.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:32 PM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times
You sprung a last minute plan on him when your other date bailed and it was probably wrong to say yes and then no, but if he was tired, maybe he realized he wouldn’t make the best first impression.

The second cancellation for food prep seems iffy but I’d still try for a date one more time, just to see if he’ll carry through, see what he’s actually like in person. You just started talking three days ago, so it’s hardly a waste of time if it doesn’t work out. I’d still like to meet up once if I hit it off really well with someone.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
You sprung a last minute plan on him when your other date bailed and it was probably wrong to say yes and then no, but if he was tired, maybe he realized he wouldn’t make the best first impression.

The second cancellation for food prep seems iffy but I’d still try for a date one more time, just to see if he’ll carry through, see what he’s actually like in person. You just started talking three days ago, so it’s hardly a waste of time if it doesn’t work out. I’d still like to meet up once if I hit it off really well with someone.
So you don’t think I should say something? Just act normal and see how it goes ? He texted me before the game too saying how busy his day was and now he’s off to the game. Haven’t responded.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:32 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't even address anything here. He's already shown you he's unreliable, what else do you need to know? He cancelled plans on you twice, I've stopped talking to guys off dating apps after they've cancelled on me once. I understand the first time they were last minute plans, so fine you gave him a second chance and he blew that too. I'd move on to the next guy, this guy will continue to randomly cancel future dates with you even if you do end up meeting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships