Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 917 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever broken up with their S.O. because they owe them money or damaged something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 12:01 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
No, but it might be a completely reasonable thing to do. More context would be needed.

Obviously if my partner had agreed to go half on dinner and forgot about it, that would not be a meaningful thing. But if they constantly borrowed, promised to pay me back, and didn't and didn't and didn't... That's not just "owing money" that's being a mooch. Taking advantage. No one should tolerate that in a relationship.

Breaking something...like, completely accidentally or in a temper tantrum or on purpose or what?

Depending on the context, this behavior could be using and a total lack of respect and consideration... Or it could be pretty innocent.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:13 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Who owes whom money and what exactly happened?

We need more information to say "poor you."

Old 05-04-2022, 12:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjust View Post
Has anyone ever broken up with their S.O. because they owe them money or damaged something?
It wouldn't 't have anything to do with this other post of yours...would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjust View Post
Hey ya'll.

There's a TV show filming in Kentucky!

If you want to be on TV or a family member owes you money, you can get a trip paid for and be on the show! You can find out about being on the show at 858-876-7320.

Just wanted to share in case it's of interest to anyone! I love all the productions coming to Kentucky now the incentives are back!

Old 05-04-2022, 02:08 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
LOL!

A paid trip to Kentucky. Hoo boy.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:54 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
We didn’t break up because he owed me money…we broke up before he paid me back. I loaned him 3500.00 to get his car engine rebuilt. When we broke up… he gave me a check for the balance…. That bounced. Lol

Old 05-10-2022, 03:08 PM

I dated a guy 25 years ago who stole money from me and then invited me to dinner and I helped him pick out a watch

Before I found out that he stole my debit card (back then you had to wait for the monthly bank statement to see what's in your account) he totaled my newish car.

I sued him for every penny. It took years but I got it all back, they garnished his wages. Funny story but wasn't funny back then, because I had to steal veggies and fruits from fields and borrow money to ride the bus to work until I got my next paycheck, which is a monthly thing in Germany.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:15 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
I broke up with a girl whom I was really in love with, but got so tired of her being financially irresponsible.. The last straw was she overdrew my checking account buying christmas decorations for our small apartment when she was barely working. She owed me a lot of money as well.

There was more to it than that, but, that is the reason I ended it.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I broke up with a girl whom I was really in love with, but got so tired of her being financially irresponsible.. The last straw was she overdrew my checking account buying christmas decorations for our small apartment when she was barely working. She owed me a lot of money as well.

There was more to it than that, but, that is the reason I ended it.
you did not like the decoration?

Money is overrated.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:41 PM

18 posts, read 7,606 times
Lexington and Bowling Green are very high class. I guess some folks dont know about the Triple Crown and how the Kentucky Derby is part of that. The Kentucky Horse Park. They dont know poor folks dont typically raise and race thoroughbreds.

The Louisville Slugger Museum. The Bourbon Trail, and so on. Its easy to scoff at a paid trip even if it could include any number of 5 star resorts for accommodations for those with absolutely no knowledge of the grandeur of Kentucky.

Yes, Im sure many people have broken up over money. Im sure a lot of people have broken up over pretending to have money and then the truth revealing that they really dont have much money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships