Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 05:46 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned. The threads have been merged.

Anyhow, again, if one person has never met another in real life, then it is not a true relationship, and they are not real boyfriend/girlfriend.

I really don't get why people spend years chatting and interacting online with someone, yet never makes the opportunity to one day meet in real life. Online interactions and real life interactions are two completely different things. As I said before there's been multiple threads on this section of the forum where, as soon as two people met on a real date after falling in 'love' online, it fizzled out quickly. I mean, how does one proclaim their love for someone and then promise to marry them without wanting to meet even one time face to face?

Online apps are a means to an end, not THE end in terms of finding a partner. Make a commitment to meet in real life sooner than later the next person you connect with online. Really, none of the things the OP discussed should even be a factor in an online 'relationship' (the drama, the fights, etc.).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-30-2022 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 05:59 PM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulyetsad View Post
I never met the guy I met on the app in person. However he made me believe we were exclusive because he said so. We had a connection and shared so much. He said he loves me so much; he wants to marry me, this feels different, etc.

But we ended and he’s now in a relationship. While we were together, one time, we fought, he didn’t pick up my calls. I called and he ignored me. He finally picked up but he didn’t say a single word. I could hear him though. For an hour I kept calling out his name crying, calling out hello?? And he didn’t say anything so I hung up. The next day when I asked him to be honest, he said he picked up but didn’t say anything on purpose. So he knew I was on the phone calling his name but he didn’t answer on purpose. I let it go.

Towards the end, he connected with another girl on the app, they never met. But he was talking intimate stuff and even sent her Pics of his private part, AT THE SAME TIME, telling me he loves me.

I know they never met up. But after that girl; he connected with another girl and asked to hang out at the same time he was telling me he loves me in the messages.

He’s with a new girl and he’s deleted all the apps and seems committed to her. Is it just to me he’s like this? To her; he seems like the perfect guy.
Did you hack his email? How would you even know about all this stuff??

Old 05-30-2022, 06:38 PM

212 posts, read 164,375 times
There are 7.9 billion people in the world, the ratio is 101 men to 100 women. It's a very slight margin, but I fail to believe there is any woman on God's Green Earth that CANNOT find a man! If anything, there is 1 man out of 101 men that could possibly never find a woman.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:41 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
You never met him in person.
His new girlfriend thinks he’s great.
He’s deleted all his apps.

Where are you watching him from?

Old 05-30-2022, 09:00 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
I never met the guy I met on the app in person. However he made me believe we were exclusive because he said so. We had a connection and shared so much. He said he loves me so much; he wants to marry me, this feels different, etc.

But we ended and he’s now in a relationship. While we were together, one time, we fought, he didn’t pick up my calls. I called and he ignored me. He finally picked up but he didn’t say a single word. I could hear him though. For an hour I kept calling out his name crying, calling out hello?? And he didn’t say anything so I hung up. The next day when I asked him to be honest, he said he picked up but didn’t say anything on purpose. So he knew I was on the phone calling his name but he didn’t answer on purpose. I let it go.

Towards the end, he connected with another girl on the app, they never met. But he was talking intimate stuff and even sent her Pics of his private part, AT THE SAME TIME, telling me he loves me.

I know they never met up. But after that girl; he connected with another girl and asked to hang out at the same time he was telling me he loves me in the messages.

He’s with a new girl and he’s deleted all the apps and seems committed to her. Is it just to me he’s like this? To her; he seems like the perfect guy.
Oh dear. Are you still carrying a torch for this guy???

Old 05-31-2022, 04:51 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
OP if you are relying on intermittent fasting alone, you wont lose weight that way. Do you exercise?

Old 06-01-2022, 02:31 AM

318 posts, read 176,984 times
Just be brave and meet people in person on online dating. Keep trying. You will strike out a lot, get your feelings hurt but each time learn from the experience. Go out with unattractive guys. There are a lot of lonely guys on there too. Beggers can't be choosers.

I am a heavy girl too. I've yo-yo dieted for years and tried everything to loose weight but weight-loss is only temporary. I just have to accept I'm never going to be thin. I had one long-term relationship resulting in 3 kids but since then I have done a lot of online dating. That seems to be the only option as loathsome as it is. Real life has brought forth no opportunities. I am in a workplace with 99% women and most activities I've joined tend to have mostly women except coed soccer but none of the guys there ever showed interest. I have met a lot of guys from online dating and have had some short-term flings. No real relationships though I could have with a couple but I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe one day I'll luck out and meet someone who's my match. But the point is, you might strike out a lot, but the more you go up to bat, the better chance you have of a homerun.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:10 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,047,911 times
Quote:
I am a 37 year old female who has never been in a relationship. I had no where to turn to and be really open about myself so I decided to vent here. I have family, friends, and coworkers I'm close to- I am not completely alone. I call myself an introvert, but I like going out and trying new things. I go to concerts, hiking, travel etc so I am not a complete homebody.

But I've never been in a relationship. not even a single date- never had 1:1 with a guy so I am a virgin as well. I had a bunch of relationships where I met the guy online, but never met in person. Recently, I met a guy on a app, and we "fell in love" It felt like a real relationship, where the guy told me he loved me and wanted to marry me, and we told each other we loved each other. But that went down the drain, he met another girl and dating her.

I'm still coping with that trauma. All my friends are either married or are dating and whenever I hear their stories, I cry and think about the last guy. I'm pathetic huh? I admit, I am on the heavy side who wear thick glasses. everyone says I am a sweetheart with a big heart- but that's all. I am not confident in myself. I recently started intermittent fasting and have lost 10 pounds, but still need to lose a lot more.

I cry myself to sleep at times because I am so lonely and feel a big void in my heart. where's my guy?
Your last sentence was the kicker for me. You are so lonely and feel a big void in your heart. Where's your guy?
You do not need a guy to fill that void. You are actually the culprit in all of this confusion and pain. If you are not happy with your weight then set a goal, start on it and stick it out. Don't worry about dating during this time. Do what you want to do to make you feel good about yourself. Do your own transformation if you want to and then when you are happy with that then you can jump in the dating world. weight loss does not take forever, it actually can happen very quickly with diet and exercise. Do this every day and continue to get out and have fun. As you lose weight, become more acquainted with yourself and learn to love YOU because you are more important than any boyfriend in the world.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 780,181 times
Quote:
I am a 37 year old female who has never been in a relationship. I had no where to turn to and be really open about myself so I decided to vent here. I have family, friends, and coworkers I'm close to- I am not completely alone. I call myself an introvert, but I like going out and trying new things. I go to concerts, hiking, travel etc so I am not a complete homebody.

But I've never been in a relationship. not even a single date- never had 1:1 with a guy so I am a virgin as well. I had a bunch of relationships where I met the guy online, but never met in person. Recently, I met a guy on a app, and we "fell in love" It felt like a real relationship, where the guy told me he loved me and wanted to marry me, and we told each other we loved each other. But that went down the drain, he met another girl and dating her.

I'm still coping with that trauma. All my friends are either married or are dating and whenever I hear their stories, I cry and think about the last guy. I'm pathetic huh? I admit, I am on the heavy side who wear thick glasses. everyone says I am a sweetheart with a big heart- but that's all. I am not confident in myself. I recently started intermittent fasting and have lost 10 pounds, but still need to lose a lot more.

I cry myself to sleep at times because I am so lonely and feel a big void in my heart. where's my guy?
You have stuff you can control which is your fitness. Do that and you will have many guys flock to you.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:56 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcl View Post
You have friends, which puts you ahead of a lot of people. Seriously.

For argument’s sake, there are people your age who are divorced or widowed, caring for children, struggling to pay rent, and no time for friendships or relationships.

You’re just going through life feeling a little sad about yourself and maybe thinking your weight has some part of the blame. Nah, just relax and enjoy and see what happens as you work on yourself.

There’s some people who talk about “sexual value” and to summarize, you’re not getting any younger or more desirable as a partner, particularly if you’re in a state of depression. Even if you lost weight and got a killer body, great income, and exciting hobbies, there’s a million 25 year olds who have the same… and tens of millions of 25-35 year olds… the more time that passes, the more you have to compete with, so it won’t get easier.

I don’t mean that as criticism or insulting, just life, really.
Personally, I think women who have kept in shape look their best in their 30s. By the time I was in my upper 30s, those college age girls looked like little kids. By the time I was a senior in college, even the freshmen looked like little kids.

She doesn't need to worry about the 20 somethings. Most guys her age, even if they are interested in 20 somethings, won't get reciprocal interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships