Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:55 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy
you will also want to poke them with your "walking stick" and feel them up to test for smoothness of skin.
I don't need to be blind to want to do that artsy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh390 View Post
Is it the way she looks? The way she acts? The little things like her laugh or smile?

What draws you in?

While I have yet to get the guts to actually talk to a woman "in that way" I would say, as long as she is not HIDEOUS, the number one thing that intrigues me about women is wether or not they have an unusual intrest. I once saw this thing on televison about art and their was this woman who collected and made murals out of circuit boards...

AND THEN there was this girls's myspace page I ran into. I am not on myspace ( not enough friends) but I was googling slime molds, and this girl's myspace page came up. Thing is, she is really into them and collects and breeds them and wrote extensively on them. They are one of the few examples of movement with a central nervous system, as they can all form one mold and move around, despite being a fungus...and she was cute too!

She also listened to ambient music, but only if it was on cassett, as she is a big fan on analog...IF ONLY SHE DIDN'T LIVE HALF A CONTINET AWAY! (she's in Vancover, BC, I'm in Jersey)

I would be allot more intrested in a so-so lucking girl reading a book about the history of Route 66 ( the famous road, not the cheap clothing line) than I would a "hottie" reading a Vogue, US weekly or Cosmo.

Ultimately, it's the whole "cute-to-average looking nerdette" thing that get's my temperature rising

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
My criteria are simple:

1. Does she have a wedding ring (hopefully not!)
2. Is she breathing?

Kidding!!!

Not being anywhere near God's gift to women, I have learned to sit back and watch women (NOT in a stalking manner! ). In that, I normally will have watched a woman for a while before I even try to approach her.

That said, what will make me want to approach her are:

Did she laugh (genuinely)?
Did her eyes talk for her at times?
If she was talking and I could hear, did she display intelligent thoughts?
Was she comfortable in her appearance?

Just sitting there watching that, I will know whether she's even approachable by someone like me. If any of those are normally "no" then it's not even worth wasting my time because she probably wouldn't give me the time of day.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM

24 posts, read 47,649 times
If she has an opinion that makes me think. If she takes me on an adventure that invigorates me. It could be an adventure to the local homeless shelter doesn't have to be Africa.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Don't lie. You really want to find a lady who will take you through the jungles of Africa and South America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhnrey View Post
If she has an opinion that makes me think. If she takes me on an adventure that invigorates me. It could be an adventure to the local homeless shelter doesn't have to be Africa.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 AM

314 posts, read 719,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
My criteria are simple:

That said, what will make me want to approach her are:

Did she laugh (genuinely)?
Did her eyes talk for her at times?
If she was talking and I could hear, did she display intelligent thoughts?
Was she comfortable in her appearance?
You have a good list started-I would suggest you think about adding the word -kind. Most women I have met with your above criteria are also kind.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Probably her rear, or the front...if I was answering for a guy. BHA HA HA!!!
well its true..............

would you want a guy that packs 2 inches when chubby even though he is a nice inteligent successful careing honest guy?

like it or not looks do count and the goods that satisfy.Yes personality does too but.............

Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 PM

180 posts, read 621,577 times
all of this talk from people that ind love online.. you all are very lucky! the two men i met online were real douche bags. i always seem to fall for the badboy type. i dont really know what they like about me but it is probably a physical thing because i have been told that i have a very strong intimidating personality.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey19782000 View Post
all of this talk from people that ind love online.. you all are very lucky! the two men i met online were real douche bags. i always seem to fall for the badboy type. i dont really know what they like about me but it is probably a physical thing because i have been told that i have a very strong intimidating personality.
Eh, you advertise for that kinda guy, that's the kinda guy you get...look for someone who at least seems intelligent and capable of expressing his emotions, and you might wind up with THAT guy...

Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey19782000 View Post
Is having "a very strong intimidating personality" a polite way of saying that you come across as being abrasive and b*tchy? If so, you may be scaring off the nice normal guys. Every should have a personality, but usually in the beginning of the friendship, people are more polite and considerate of each other. Since you aren't happy with the two men that you ended up with, you may want to think about softening your approach with people. And you seem like a nice person yourself, so maybe being intimidating is a defense mechanism of some sort on your part.

And how is having a strong personality a physical thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships