Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 08:07 AM

1,260 posts, read 946,179 times

Advertisements

I know, I know, I probably sound like a silly teenage girl, lol.

A former friend's friend who I met only a couple of times, who is cute and we had a good rapport, has me wondering. The few times I met him, he had a boyfriend, but I haven't seen him in over a year, but I was recently informed through the grapevine he broke up with his boyfriend 10 months ago. However, there was small period of time where I noticed he was constantly responding to my instagram stories in a very playful way and I engaged, but because I thought at the time he was still in a relationship (I didn't know he had broken up with his ex) I didn't engage too much. He initiated a lot back then which I thought was interesting as we only really met two times in our lives.

He recently posted on his instagram stories of a really beautiful shot of a mountain where he was on vacation. I sent him a message saying "Love it!", which he then responded right away with a emoji which I thought was an interesting way to respond. I also noticed recently that every time I post an instagram story he is one of the first ones to see it, and looks at it right away, he's been very consistent with that. He doesn't miss a story of mine.

Currently I am on vacation, but I am thinking when I get back to reach out to him see if he wants to hang. I know these signs aren't too much, but at the end of the day I only met him twice so I find it interesting he's engaging with me in this manner. Some times I also think I am just reading too much into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 08:26 AM

204 posts, read 111,883 times
I think these signs are enough to feel comfortable asking him out for a drink
I feel like this "he was constantly responding to my instagram stories" is considered sliding in the dm's
its cute and flirty

Old 06-28-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
I think these signs are enough to feel comfortable asking him out for a drink
I feel like this "he was constantly responding to my instagram stories" is considered sliding in the dm's
its cute and flirty
Yeah, it's interesting. Right after I met him the first time he added me on Instagram literally like about an hour after he met me. And I noticed there after he was always responding or saying something nice or playful to the stories I was posting. This was happening for a few months. Again I thought he was still with his boyfriend at the time, so while I responded and was nice to him I wasn't too flirty or anything like that out of caution. Also the mutual friend we had (how I met him) I was on the outs with him so I just was doing my own thing.

After several months of no interaction, communication is starting again between us. I think if I had met him a dozen times perhaps I wouldn't think much of this. But seeing as we only had met twice, it has me wondering.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:50 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,552,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
Currently I am on vacation, but I am thinking when I get back to reach out to him see if he wants to hang. I know these signs aren't too much, but at the end of the day I only met him twice so I find it interesting he's engaging with me in this manner. Some times I also think I am just reading too much into it.
Such is how relationships start. He's made the advances. Encourage him.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Such is how relationships start. He's made the advances. Encourage him.
Thanks! I get back tonight, so tomorrow I will reach out to him methinks.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Let us know how it went!

Old 06-28-2022, 11:19 AM

6,870 posts, read 4,873,766 times
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Let us know how it went!
Thanks will do!

Old 06-28-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck.
100% true. It's funny, when my our mutual friend was going to introduce me to him he told me "I am looking forward for you to meet John, I think you guys would connect really well and really click."

He was right I suppose.

Old 06-29-2022, 06:07 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,045,926 times
There's only one way to be sure. Call him up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships