Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,456 times

Advertisements

A very good male friend - not completely exclusive and official yet but have slept 2 times with and talk everyday with. Have known them for couple of month’s now. Goes on a holiday with his kids and tell u he will be in touch when back in 10 days (this is the longest since knowing them u will spend this long without talking) because he wants to “disconnect from everything, whatsApp, social media etc” so “I will silent my phone”

Completely respect that and I think it is a reasonable boundary to set but I asked him to please just send me a quick message once they are there just to let me know that they all got there safely. Of which he agreed sure.

He didn’t message me when he got there , my last message to him was the day he left. I didn’t expect any reply from him on that one but was waiting for his message once they are there and settled but nothing..next day i just send “hi hope ur doing well and u all got there safely” nothing too. Both message haven’t been open but this is the thing that got me is the fact i have seen him on WhatsApp and social media literally constant. All day which also means he saw my messages and could write few words back to me. I feel really hurt by this and was wondering am I too sensitive or many will be too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 05:26 AM

6,819 posts, read 11,553,688 times
Just wait until he gets back from his trip and see what’s going on then. He’s vacationing with his kids. Leave him be.

Old 08-09-2022, 05:53 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
He doesn’t want to check in with you, he only wants to sleep with you. He told you he wouldn’t be communicating while he was gone, and yet you keep doing it. Why? What response did you expect?

Old 08-09-2022, 07:31 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Move on.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:46 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
This man should not be on your mind this much. Stop living your life waiting for a phone call or text message. Go out and do something for yourself and stop getting caught up with guys.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:27 AM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
He doesn’t want to check in with you, he only wants to sleep with you. He told you he wouldn’t be communicating while he was gone, and yet you keep doing it. Why? What response did you expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Move on.
Yeah. OP is his plaything, don't waste his time with chatter or caring about him. He has one interest in you.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:28 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,156,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1no View Post
A very good male friend - not completely exclusive and official yet but have slept 2 times with and talk everyday with. Have known them for couple of month’s now. Goes on a holiday with his kids and tell u he will be in touch when back in 10 days (this is the longest since knowing them u will spend this long without talking) because he wants to “disconnect from everything, whatsApp, social media etc” so “I will silent my phone”

Completely respect that and I think it is a reasonable boundary to set but I asked him to please just send me a quick message once they are there just to let me know that they all got there safely. Of which he agreed sure.

He didn’t message me when he got there , my last message to him was the day he left. I didn’t expect any reply from him on that one but was waiting for his message once they are there and settled but nothing..next day i just send “hi hope ur doing well and u all got there safely” nothing too. Both message haven’t been open but this is the thing that got me is the fact i have seen him on WhatsApp and social media literally constant. All day which also means he saw my messages and could write few words back to me. I feel really hurt by this and was wondering am I too sensitive or many will be too?
He told you he wants a communication blackout. If it bothers you, then you are clearly at different places in this relationship. If just a text to check in or tell you he arrived safely is not something he wants to do, then it is honestly ok. If its not ok with you, that is ok too. But it means you are not matching up. Talk about it when yo get back, but I think it is clear that you both want different things right now. Maybe in the future it will match up, but I would not be hurt by this, but that is me.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:32 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1no View Post
You're not his mom. He has other people in his life to check he arrives safely, that's not your job. You barely know each other.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:23 AM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times
You sound too needy to me. I suspect you also have a lot more feelings for him than he does for you. Just stop trying to contact him. He either will, or will not contact you later. Obsession with someone is not a good look. You are likely to drive him away, if you haven't already done so.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:27 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Sorry, I would say you are not a priority to him, and your casual sex relationship that you have now is all he intends it to be.

You see he is chatting with other people, and he chose not to give you the agreed upon "arrived safely!" message, which is totally a common practice.

That sucks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships