Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 12:16 PM

377 posts, read 274,745 times

Advertisements

I met a girl off a dating app yesterday for the first time that went really well and we like each other. She invited me to her place and I didn't make a move beyond kissing. Now today I'm in a really good mood and its great. I was thinking of sending her a text "I'm in a really good mood today for some reason" as kind of a joking/playful way to express the truth. I'm overthinking this, but this wouldn't sound too cheesy or anything would it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 12:28 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
I met a girl off a dating app yesterday for the first time that went really well and we like each other. She invited me to her place and I didn't make a move beyond kissing. Now today I'm in a really good mood and its great. I was thinking of sending her a text "I'm in a really good mood today for some reason" as kind of a joking/playful way to express the truth. I'm overthinking this, but this wouldn't sound too cheesy or anything would it?
Yeah, I think it would definitely be cheesy. Unless she messages you first. Try not to use the phone to text so much before your next date. Don't get to know her over the phone.

A lot of guys do this and then wonder how 1, 2 or 3 really good dates turns into ''Yeah, I just need to work on myself'' or ''Yeah, I'm not looking for more than friends right now'' in a matter of days.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:41 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
That wording can be taken as a sleazy play. I’d tame it down and say something to the tune of “I had an absolutely dope time and you are dope too.”

Old 08-16-2022, 12:56 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,046,225 times
Quote:
No, not if you think the feelings are mutual. If so, a little flirting is fine, but please don't get sexual with it or you might ruin things. You'll know when it's time to change tunes.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:58 PM

I appreciate the responses. You saved me from sending a lame text!

Old 08-16-2022, 01:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I would have just texted "I had a great time with you and I really hope to see you soon again!" Thats what I usually do - it works.

It is nothing exciting or special but it is direct, real, and honest.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would have just texted "I had a great time with you and I really hope to see you soon again!" Thats what I usually do - it works.

It is nothing exciting or special but it is direct, real, and honest.
That would be a response I would expect from a female. I'm just going to ask her out again instead of saying "I hope to see you again".

Old 08-16-2022, 01:36 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life together with you and raise our family together. I'll pick you up tomorrow around 6pm and we'll have dinner with my parents, they are anxious to meet the love-of-my-life."

All kidding aside, agree with Eve. "Had a great time, look forward to seeing you again. What are your plans this weekend?"

Old 08-16-2022, 01:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Ask her out again!

Old 08-16-2022, 01:47 PM

204 posts, read 111,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ask her out again!
What you said, say you had a great time yesterday and try and set up another date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships