Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 12:35 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,291 times

Advertisements

I think in past times one asking another to cuddle wasn't an attempt to get the other to fool around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 07:20 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Tell me, in what earlier era were people commonly asking each other to "cuddle"?

Old 08-19-2022, 09:01 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
It's a stupid thing to ask.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:57 AM

2,039 posts, read 853,545 times
Lots if women (and men) enjoy lots of affection. And the fact of the matter is a lot of people just aren’t wired that way. Cuddling can be intoxicating to someone who enjoys it, so they want to know if you’re about it or not. Pretty simple and I feel a legit question that can be asked. Myself, i’m a masculine dude but I love to cuddle. I like feeling my woman drift off to sleep in my arms. And I want a woman who likes being cuddled.

Old 08-19-2022, 12:01 PM

841 posts, read 553,035 times
I know it came up when I first met my current bf, but I don't remember how it was stated. He's a cuddler. I was not.at.all. He talked about preferring to cuddle over having sex a lot of the time. My answer didn't stop him from still being interested. It honestly didn't take too long for me to go from being 'untouchable' to now where I liked to cuddle with him and us be touching all the time. I think I was the one who instigated sex the first time I met him anyway, so in my case, my answer to the cuddle question really had nothing to do with if I would sleep with him or not.

Old 08-19-2022, 12:26 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times
Eeek. I know I am an old fart, but if I were on OLD and someone asked me that, I would say, "Can you please be more clear: is 'cuddle' a euphemism for no-strings sex?" I mean, what's wrong with being straightforward?

I THINK I would do that over simply saying EWWWWWWWWWWWW and never responding ... but I suspect I would get no responses to my very straightforward question.

I would MUCH rather be by myself than with some random men who think that telling me they like to "cuddle" when they really mean "I want to have sex with you and a million other women and could not care less about you as a person" means that I will fall for their nonsense because I am so taken with their use of the word "cuddle." UGH. If all I want is an orgasm, I can do that myself very well, thank you (much better than any man can, frankly*). And if what I really want to do is cuddle, my kitties are cuddlers, so there's that.

* Sorry if that's not PG enough!

=====

P.S. OP, please remember that "girls" turn into WOMEN at some stage, usually late teens. Why the word "girl" continues to be used for grown women is beyond me (and cringe-worthy, frankly, as we don't usually call the same-aged men "boys"). As is the use of "your" for "you're." But maybe I've been a professor too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships