Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 02:27 PM

204 posts, read 111,546 times

Advertisements

This is a recouping theme in my dating life.i'll talk to someone and they will randomly ask me if I like to cuddle and I'm just wondering what the point of asking that is.someone I'm talking to randomly asked me that via text and when I asked why they stated how they were just curious.you might be familiar with my previous posts.im afraid someone is only interested in hooking up rather than something serious.this could be a form of flirting(a skill i havent mastered yet)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 02:29 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
It sounds silly.

I'm not interested in dating toddlers or teddy bears, so I'd pass.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:30 PM

It does sound a bit silly but youd be shocked at how common of a question this is

Old 08-16-2022, 02:45 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
The only time i have been randomly asked via text by guys I barely know to come over to CUDDLE were some sleazy guys trying to get me into their bed to do anything but cuddle.

It sounds weird. However, maybe millennial girls text stuff like that. Might be an age thingy?

Old 08-16-2022, 02:59 PM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Perhaps to find out if you're affectionate?

Old 08-16-2022, 03:00 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I've been asked this exactly once in my life.

Old 08-16-2022, 03:42 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
It does sound a bit silly but youd be shocked at how common of a question this is
It's an opener to determine how willing you are to get physical right away. They're half a step above "want to see a d*** pic? As a matter of fact, you should reply "No. And I don't want to see body parts either."

Like Zentropa said, it's childish and tiresome.

Old 08-16-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
It's an opener to determine how willing you are to get physical right away. They're half a step above "want to see a d*** pic? As a matter of fact, you should reply "No. And I don't want to see body parts either."

Like Zentropa said, it's childish and tiresome.
yea I could see this being it.the guy has sent me a topless photo which i didnt see a harm in.i figure its flitering,but asking that is just weird and i dont get it.for those who follow my posts the last time i was asked that was by the guy who took me out for a walk on the first hangout and got upset when i told him i didnt want to go to his place to netflix and chill.i dont want to generalize men by 1 bad apple just trying to gauge what they are getting at

Old 08-16-2022, 03:53 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
yea I could see this being it.the guy has sent me a topless photo which i didnt see a harm in.i figure its flitering,but asking that is just weird and i dont get it.for those who follow my posts the last time i was asked that was by the guy who took me out for a walk on the first hangout and got upset when i told him i didnt want to go to his place to netflix and chill.i dont want to generalize men by 1 bad apple just trying to gauge what they are getting at
Just so you know...it's not YOU. It's them. They're basically feeling you out for a hookup, and that's it. To ME, that'd be a waste of my time, if I'm looking for a relationship, and not a hookup. Personally, I find that kind of thing to be sooooooo tiresome and aggravating.

Old 08-16-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Just so you know...it's not YOU. It's them. They're basically feeling you out for a hookup, and that's it. To ME, that'd be a waste of my time, if I'm looking for a relationship, and not a hookup. Personally, I find that kind of thing to be sooooooo tiresome and aggravating.
What gets extremely tiresome is the fact that these men say they are looking for a relationship and not a hook up and then go and ask questions like this.

he did ask mainly about what my future foals in life are, about my family my relationship with them and my friends etc but that 1 question just threw me off.its so hard to tell these days what the true intent is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships