Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 01:43 PM

37 posts, read 18,358 times

Advertisements

We’ve been together for 10 years(married for 9) and our son is 7. He’s not a bad kid but he has adhd and he can be a handful most of the time, I’m a stay at home mom so he’s pretty much 100% my responsibility which I’m fine with. He is very loud though he laughs loudly, cries loudly when he’s upset and he’s prone to tantrums(I’m working on this and I’ve found a doctor to help, we’re just waiting for the appointment)

My husband has never been a super involved dad but he’s always been an okay dad, which is fine by me. But he’s started a new job recently that can be stressful at times but he’s earning 3 times what he was before and has more time off so it evens out.

Anyway, he announced to me a few days ago that he wants to leave me because he can’t take being around our son anymore. Since he’s home more now he hears him making the usually kid noises and he can’t tolerate it at all, he says I need to just find another man or he’ll just quit his job and work at a retail store because he can’t handle coming home from a difficult job and having noise in the house.

I don’t know what to do, I feel so lost. I never got the opportunity to go to college to it’s would be difficult to support our child on my own and it just feels so unfair that because he’s annoyed by him I’m expected to do it all on my own. Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this or at least some way to try? He refuses to go to any sort of counseling because he doesn’t see what he’s doing as a problem. Any advice is welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 01:53 PM

5,683 posts, read 3,182,553 times
Tell him to go ahead and leave, and file for divorce. Ask for as much as you can get in child support.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:57 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,233,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotgoodatusernames View Post
We’ve been together for 10 years(married for 9) and our son is 7. He’s not a bad kid but he has adhd and he can be a handful most of the time, I’m a stay at home mom so he’s pretty much 100% my responsibility which I’m fine with. He is very loud though he laughs loudly, cries loudly when he’s upset and he’s prone to tantrums(I’m working on this and I’ve found a doctor to help, we’re just waiting for the appointment)

My husband has never been a super involved dad but he’s always been an okay dad, which is fine by me. But he’s started a new job recently that can be stressful at times but he’s earning 3 times what he was before and has more time off so it evens out.

Anyway, he announced to me a few days ago that he wants to leave me because he can’t take being around our son anymore. Since he’s home more now he hears him making the usually kid noises and he can’t tolerate it at all, he says I need to just find another man or he’ll just quit his job and work at a retail store because he can’t handle coming home from a difficult job and having noise in the house.

I don’t know what to do, I feel so lost. I never got the opportunity to go to college to it’s would be difficult to support our child on my own and it just feels so unfair that because he’s annoyed by him I’m expected to do it all on my own. Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this or at least some way to try? He refuses to go to any sort of counseling because he doesn’t see what he’s doing as a problem. Any advice is welcome
Find a good marriage counselor. And maybe if your son truly is ADHD and give him some coffee it'll calm him right now it's counterintuitive I know but part of ADHD is stimulants have the opposite effect on them.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Tell him to go ahead and leave, and file for divorce. Ask for as much as you can get in child support.
I know that’s probably the right answer but I’m honestly scared to be alone, I feel like I’ll never find someone else. It seems like every guy wants an instagram model not just an average looking woman.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:00 PM

7,970 posts, read 3,509,364 times
Wow what a jerk. If you want to salvage this, maybe he can try renting an office to work out of instead of being at home and hearing the kid when he's trying to work. If.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Find a good marriage counselor. And maybe if your son truly is ADHD and give him some coffee it'll calm him right now it's counterintuitive I know but part of ADHD is stimulants have the opposite effect on them.
I found a few but he refuses to go. My son won’t touch coffee, he’s on omega 3 supplements which help(they take him from 10/10 to 7/10 energy wise).

Old 08-29-2022, 02:01 PM

7,970 posts, read 3,509,364 times
Quote:
I know that’s probably the right answer but I’m honestly scared to be alone, I feel like I’ll never find someone else. It seems like every guy wants an instagram model not just an average looking woman.
Ah so that's your game. lol

Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,233,858 times
Quote:
I would say don't be afraid of being alone first. Also muskies don't want an Instagram model if the guys you meet do and you're not that then you're meeting the wrong guys.

If you want to try and salvage the marriage the previous post I made is probably the only way you're going to do it.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Wow what a jerk. If you want to salvage this, maybe he can try renting an office to work out of instead of being at home and hearing the kid when he's trying to work. If.
He doesn’t work from home, he’s gone from 10 hours a day 5 days a week to 12 hours a day 3 times a week so he’s still away from him for a large portion of time.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Ah so that's your game. lol
What are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships