Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 12:49 PM

34 posts, read 26,067 times

Advertisements

If I go after women around my level looks wise or lower I have a pretty solid chance of getting a yes if we click.

If I go after women more attractive then me it’s basically been a zero percent chance of a yes.

It’s interesting how usually nature allows us to be attracted to people near the same level of attractiveness as us even if we aren’t beauties and of course people better looking then us who are universally attractive but anyone less attractive then us turns us off usually because we have a baseline of what we can get.

I’m not saying that means looks are everything or the most important thing at all what I’m saying is being a similliar level of attractiveness is basically the baseline and what opens up the opportunity to most relationships you see.

Yes I know some couples aren’t evenly matched but 99 percent are.

You can’t tell me that it’s a coincedence that most couples are evenly matched and that most people who have chemistry and fall in love are all just magically the ones who fall in love

We get who will say yes and we are at least somewhat attracted to or can at least tolerate physically and don’t turn us off

Old 09-15-2022, 01:11 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Attraction works a lot of ways. For the record, I find none of them a laughing matter.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:42 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,113,005 times
Just for simplicity sake...

I honestly think a lot of young (22-35) white women have a similar level of attractiveness, and fall into the same camp in being considered quite attractive by most men. I don't know what percentile it is ... 40%, 50%, 75%, but lets just say it's 50%. Some variation based on what they dress like, and how they take care of themselves, carry themselves.

So ... a lot of guys (most) are attracted to that 50% of white women. And they want variety. So they want to sleep with all of them. And the small difference in looks doesn't matter in terms of which one they end up with. So ... it's really not a league type matchup because it's so broad.

It's more like pools, with women generally choosing based on a crazy, variety of factors.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:27 PM

6,470 posts, read 3,997,370 times
I'm not sure exactly what OP finds so singular about this. People will go for the best they can get, period. The best salary they can get paid, the best house/apartment in their budget, the best restaurant they can afford, the biggest bag of chips for the same price, etc. And yes, they're going to go for the most attractive person they can get. That's not any sort of news.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:03 AM

880 posts, read 465,736 times
There was never any of that rubbish for me , it's not about some chart or scale.
lf l saw something really special about her and l also loved her look, whatever that was , then that was it. And usually she wasn't so much some typically to the masses looking beauty, maybe more ordinary or different, love different in women. They can be so much more unique, often even far more so and in character also which is what l love, to the typical - which never really interested me anyway actually.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:30 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,109,272 times
My experience is that it doesn’t work or lead anywhere positive. That’s why I ignore it until it fades away.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:04 AM

880 posts, read 465,736 times
l never get the wallet stuff either.
l had a beautiful car at one stage and expensive but guess what. As far as women went l'd had way way more opportunity if l'd had wanted it at the time anyway, l was married, in my old work ute.
Matter of fact people in general over all were nowhere near as friendly whenever l pulled up somewhere in that car. As much as l loved it that was one thing about it l never did get use to and it was really disappointing. l was still the same, still looked the same, but it was as if they all thought l was some rich snob just bc of the car.
Maybe if l was around rich snobs it might've fitted right in.
Mind you , if you want some shallow gold digger type that is more interested in money than you yeah , l suppose money might help , but why would you want some fake bs like that.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:16 AM

61,854 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I'm not sure exactly what OP finds so singular about this. People will go for the best they can get, period. The best salary they can get paid, the best house/apartment in their budget, the best restaurant they can afford, the biggest bag of chips for the same price, etc. And yes, they're going to go for the most attractive person they can get. That's not any sort of news.
This is not exclusive to humans.
Look at the animal world and watch males - how hard they must work to attract females.
How attractive they must be, strongest, healthiest, fastest, cleverest, most competitive, most creative and best looking. Females are just mostly unattractive (compared) but very, very picky.

Watch this, or better - watch the whole movie.

It's on Netflix.
Very entertaining!!

Old 09-16-2022, 09:33 AM

20,413 posts, read 14,701,959 times
Mod cut. This subject of "looks matching" has been rehashed and argued to absolute death on this subforum. Seriously. I know because I've been one of the ones arguing it. I have likely argued it with you. If not, then I've argued it with someone just like you. It is the same old "I have a mathematical explanation for Why The System Is Rigged Against Me" that just comes up over, and over, and over...

I mean I've been prompted to write pages of discussion and debate on this subject and even I am tired of it. Don't you guys ever get tired of it? Or is this just your negative self talk brain gremlin being let loose to scamper about in public now and again?

You're killin' me, Smalls...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-16-2022 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Off-topic comment.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:25 AM

34 posts, read 26,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
[Snip.] This subject of "looks matching" has been rehashed and argued to absolute death on this subforum. Seriously. I know because I've been one of the ones arguing it. I have likely argued it with you. If not, then I've argued it with someone just like you. It is the same old "I have a mathematical explanation for Why The System Is Rigged Against Me" that just comes up over, and over, and over...

I mean I've been prompted to write pages of discussion and debate on this subject and even I am tired of it. Don't you guys ever get tired of it? Or is this just your negative self talk brain gremlin being let loose to scamper about in public now and again?

You're killin' me, Smalls...
I wouldn’t say it’s negative talk from my standpoint as much as an observation.

Most couples being evenly matched looks wise isn’t just a huge coincedence

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-16-2022 at 04:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships