Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 09:25 AM

274 posts, read 157,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Oh, Jeez. What a cringe-inducing video. Hey, no doubt the wife is the villain here, but the bitter ex-husband whining for twenty minutes and then airing it on YouTube isn't exactly sympathetic, what with his weirdly obsessive and sarcastic personality.
It was a narrated reddit. The narrator is the one who is sarcastic as he stated he got cheated on and went through an awful divorce and started his channel narrating reddit posts about infidelity. The narrator is fairly jaded about marriage/LTR's as a result. The actual person who wrote the reddit post was either venting or asking for advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 09:36 AM

10,508 posts, read 7,085,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
It was a narrated reddit. The narrator is the one who is sarcastic as he stated he got cheated on and went through an awful divorce and started his channel narrating reddit posts about infidelity. The narrator is fairly jaded about marriage/LTR's as a result. The actual person who wrote the reddit post was either venting or asking for advice.

Well, that clarification helps but it doesn't really make the narrator any more sympathetic. He's creating an entire YouTube channel on the subject? This is a man who seriously needs to move on and get a life. Good grief, I hate Sad Sacks like that.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:21 AM

274 posts, read 157,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Well, that clarification helps but it doesn't really make the narrator any more sympathetic. He's creating an entire YouTube channel on the subject? This is a man who seriously needs to move on and get a life. Good grief, I hate Sad Sacks like that.
If he is making money doing it then he can go right ahead.

Plus his sneer is justified. I despise cheaters male and female. I see it as the emotional equivalent of burning someone alive, horrifically painful and leaves permanent scars. It's like taking a propane torch to someone's face for your own pleasure. If it were up to me both the cheater and the AP (if the AP knew) would be put to the whip for 50 lashes.

Last edited by CyclingChemist; 11-10-2022 at 11:30 AM..

Old 11-10-2022, 11:29 AM

316 posts, read 173,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Now I know a lot of you are going to respond with "well then she didn't like you to begin with." But I guess the question that I'm trying to ask is what good is the "give her space" advice then??
Quote:
She's going to think I'm too clingy/possessive and lose interest. But if I do give her space then she ends up with another guy. So it's a lose/lose situation.
What type of relationship do you really ultimately want? Most people are looking for a relationship with someone that they feel is really into them, who actually has their back.

When you try to pressure a woman into dating you, that might seem to work in the short term in terms of keeping your intereaction with her going, but long term, you are going to have to worry about is this woman actually into me and is this woman going to try to leave me later to find someone else. If you make it really easy for women to leave early, the women not into you do leave, but the women who do remain are genuinely into you and those are the women worth building a relationship with long term.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:37 AM

14,280 posts, read 14,823,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I don't think this is gender-specific.

This is more of an exit strategy. Anytime someone says they "need space" the monogamous part of the relationship is generally over.
I agree. It is an exit strategy.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:38 AM

10,508 posts, read 7,085,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
If he is making money doing it then he can go right ahead.

Yes, because whining for money is dignified.

Old 11-21-2022, 01:14 PM

973 posts, read 546,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I agree. It is an exit strategy.
I think so too. My answer would be, "I see. All the best in finding what you're looking for." That wouldn't be about one-upping the person, but just about closing the relationship on my end. I wouldn't want the person thinking they can come back if they don't find what they're looking for elsewhere.

Old 11-21-2022, 01:17 PM

8,089 posts, read 10,118,142 times
Quote:
She's going to think I'm too clingy/possessive and lose interest. But if I do give her space then she ends up with another guy. So it's a lose/lose situation.
There's an old expression: "If you don't think she's being enough of a woman, try being more of a man".

Just saying.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:30 PM

635 posts, read 305,807 times
Isn't the "I need space" line a cue that the relationship is over?

Old 11-21-2022, 10:54 PM

58 posts, read 35,808 times
This is a serious problem everywhere. Women for the most part are now people. They see something, they have to have it now. I am 52 years old, see women alone that are very attractive in the grocery store, thrift stores, while buying gas, you name it. One very big obstacle is women and safety, in this day and age women are freightened by men just walking up and talking, they fear being robbed, raped or stalked, so most times they are short with the guy not saying much and so I personally just stopped trying to talk to women all together, and if I do its with someone else around to make them feel safe. Even just trying to make friends alarms females sometimes and as a male I don’t enjoy being considered a creep before the woman gets to know me. If the man has ever had any type complaint in the past, his future being comfortable around females is probably over, never trusting them again. It doesn’t matter if it was just once, and I know all women are not the same but that really doesn’t matter, mostly because the male sees the females all the same and trust none of them. Maybe someone they’ve known a long time would be trusted but not strangers or people that isn’t known well. We all at one time or another have had our feelings hurt, been laughed at, something that changed us inside, and once that occurs with the opposite sex it can change someone and how they communicate in the future. As an older adult I see very attractive females while I am out but most likely they are already in a relationship, and some are much younger in their 20’s or 30’s, but what in the world would they be interested in a 52 year old for? They wouldn’t, and I assume they would be freightened by just making conversation so I usually don’t talk and try to stay away from them all together. If your not around they won’t feel uncomfortable! One thing is almost certain, Most if not all younger females are not interested in older men, maybe a handful are, but it is rare! I forgot what this topic was about so I’ll shut up now Hahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships