Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 11:33 PM

157 posts, read 89,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm a Christian and believe in God, but I don't like talking about it every five seconds.

Yet you don't follow it? If you want someone with more "old fashioned" values, it starts with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2023, 06:38 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,223,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a 30 year-old, divorced, 5'7, roughly 200lbs, black male with no kids.

I'm in sales for a living, I make a great living, very independent, I have my own place blah blah blah.

I have issues with dating. I have no problem getting a number, I have no problem getting a date, I have no problem getting laid. But I rarely make it beyond sex. And my sex definitely isn't the problem, I'm no Johnny Sins, but I'm packing, clean, and pretty decent. I get approached by women at bars and clubs, I get tons of matches on dating apps, I get attention from women of all ages and races (except Asian). Asian women pay me ZERO attention, but that's a conversation for another day lol.

Dating apps...70% of the girls that swipe right on my profile are severely obese. There is a stereotype that Black men like thick women, but there is a difference between thick and obese. No offense to anyone that is obese, but that shouldn't be the reason you like someone on an app. I also prefer small petite women because I'm only 5'7. I also meet girls that are jumping for Jesus and that also annoys me. I'm a Christian and believe in God, but I don't like talking about it every five seconds.

Women often state they don't feel a "connection" with me even when we have several things in common and have great conversation. Few have also stated that I'm too "conservative". I dont really identify as conservative however I was raised in the south, I don't wear masks, and I think some social movements are shady. But at the end of the day, I'm not worshipping Trump or even discussing politics often enough for it to even matter.

To be honest, I don't even want all this mushy gushy fake love stuff that we have created because it often fades. I just want beauty and simple compatibility.

Should I give up on the USA and look elsewhere? I'm about to be 31 and I'm really tired of the shenanigans.
Is give up on the dating apps. It's like a buffet. And people don't want to fill up on one thing. Also it's a way to avoid personal contact. I wouldn't worry about the conservative thing just avoid feminists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships