Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 03:01 PM

20 posts, read 8,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Way to miss the point. You stated you could tie down a woman by giving her money and presents, even if she doesn't like you, and that would be enough for you. To hell with her feelings and free will.

If you are unloveable, then you need to give up this misogynistic fantasy of forcing women to be with you because you're needy.

If you have nothing to offer, and have no intention of doing anything about it, leave them the hell alone.

Who said about tying a woman down? Maybe I want a woman who will like me for me, but I’ll take any woman I can get? Maybe I want to give to any woman that I’m with, no one that I’m forcing to be with me. Spoiling and pampering a woman would make me feel good.

So, you don’t think I’m lovable and have nothing to offer? Is that what you’re insinuating?

I’ve been told by others I do have things to offer. I cannot compel anyone to be with me or give me a chance, but don’t think they’d regret it if they did. That’s just me believing in myself and my capabilities.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:04 PM

595 posts, read 265,320 times
Quote:
Way to miss the point. You stated you could tie down a woman by giving her money and presents, even if she doesn't like you, and that would be enough for you. To hell with her feelings and free will.

If you are unloveable, then you need to give up this misogynistic fantasy of forcing women to be with you because you're needy.

If you have nothing to offer, and have no intention of doing anything about it, leave them the hell alone.
I need to "spread reputation around" so I'll just give you a huzzah here. OP doesn't seem to grasp that good women who are seeking a grown-up relationship and a life partner to have kids with, grow old with, etc. cannot be bought with gifts and money like hookers.

And not for nothing, but he said he dropped women because of their political leanings. So he gets to have parameters but women don't?

Old 06-19-2023, 03:06 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
You said, "I don't even care if she likes me or not, I really don't, just that she'll be with me."

Why would someone that didn't like you, be with you?

What if you dislike a woman - would you want to marry her? Would you want to spend time with someone you disliked?

What if your bride wants to be the center of attention, wants to hire a band, and doesn't want any Sargent Pepper outfits near her wedding? You don't DJ your own wedding. You and the bride dance together and then continuously circulate around the room talking to your guests and accepting their congratulations.

Why don't you throw a Halloween party? You and your friends can dress up in Sgt Pepper outfits.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
I need to "spread reputation around" so I'll just give you a huzzah here. OP doesn't seem to grasp that good women who are seeking a grown-up relationship and a life partner to have kids with, grow old with, etc. cannot be bought with gifts and money like hookers.
I’m well aware of that. Maybe I just want to do that and buy women I’m seeing nice presents because I want to feel good about spoiling her.

If you think I’m trying to do that just to buy affections, or if I come across that way, if I’m doing so, then that’s subconscious, not deliberate.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
You said, "I don't even care if she likes me or not, I really don't, just that she'll be with me."

Why would someone that didn't like you, be with you?

What if you dislike a woman - would you want to marry her. Spend time with someone you disliked?

What if your bride wants to be the center of attention, eants to hire a band, and doesn't want any Sargent Pepper outfits near her wedding?

Why don't you throw a Halloween party? You and your friends can dress up in Sgt Pepper outfits.
Something I’ve understood or interpreted about relationships is that they aren’t governed by logic. I feel like if they were, I’d have had a better time than I’ve had so far in this area, as I’ve had good fortune in some other areas of my life, though I’ve been fortunate enough to have had a couple of brief romances. So, why would a woman who didn’t like me be with me? Things happen. It’s out of my control. I’d rather be liked for who I am, of course, but don’t want to be alone, either.

Chances are, I wouldn’t inherently dislike a woman, per se, unless she had qualities I couldn’t care for.

I would ask, in this hypothetical, if there was a way to compromise, maybe I get some things I’d like, her for herself, in this situation.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:12 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
OP, it's clear that the only use you have for a woman is to make you feel like you are actually normal.

You don't like women at all. They are just objects for your use and display.

That makes you a very unsafe person for women to be around.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:14 PM

Quote:
OP, it's clear that the only use you have for a woman is to make you feel like you are actually normal.

You don't like women at all. They are just objects for your use and display.

That makes you a very unsafe person for women to be around.
That feels very stigmatizing.

I do like women, very much so. And I feel good about other things in my life, but I really want to feel good about this, to care for someone and treat someone well.

I don’t think I’ve ever treated a woman like dirt, but I definitely would like the validation in getting married.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:20 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMisterFlustered View Post

I do like women, very much so. And I feel good about other things in my life, but I really want to feel good about this, to care for someone and treat someone well.

I don’t think I’ve ever treated a woman like dirt, but I definitely would like the validation in getting married.
But again, a woman is not a prop to make you feel good about yourself. Relationships involve two people, and any women you are involved with will have her own needs, interests, and free will. Again and again in this thread you're not showing any interest in women as people, just as tools for your own validation. None of your posts are showing self awareness about being a good partner, not just the main character. Would you be able to handle conflict? Are you able to compromise? Do you communicate openly and clearly? If you're regularly having breakdowns because of minor inconveniences or miscommunications, that's too much to ask anyone else to be responsible for your emotional regulation.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But again, a woman is not a prop to make you feel good about yourself. Relationships involve two people, and any women you are involved with will have her own needs, interests, and free will. Again and again in this thread you're not showing any interest in women as people, just as tools for your own validation. None of your posts are showing self awareness about being a good partner, not just the main character. Would you be able to handle conflict? Are you able to compromise? Do you communicate openly and clearly?
Would I be able to handle conflict? I managed to have a four-month relationship without any major blowups or fights, even if we didn’t always see eye-to-eye on stuff. No yelling, no cursing, no name calling. The same thing happened the last time I had a romance with someone a couple of months ago, and have no qualms whatsoever about another person’s boundaries. Anytime a woman asked me to stop something while engaging in intimacy, I immediately did so.

As I said, or at least was trying to convey - she can like any music she wants, any movies, any interests, doesn’t have to be a sports fan. As an atheist, I’m god if she thinks there’s a God. As a nondrinker, I don’t care if she drinks. All I ask is that she doesn’t pressure me into believing in a higher power or pressuring me to drink.

Not only am I able to compromise, I probably give women deference: a specific example, even if a small one, I used to watch Designated Survivor, and when I wanted to an episode with my first girlfriend, I found out she didn’t like Kiefer Sutherland. So, I changed the channel. I also have compromised with things when it comes to my job. I don’t have, or would like to think, that I don’t have a lot of requirements in a relationship for a partner, but the ones I do are important.

I would say that I’m not a game player, not a playa. I’d like to think of my self as a transparent person, and while I admittedly have my shortcomings and my flaws, I’m not one to lie. Very, very, very rarely have I knowingly given someone false information, and the times that I’ve done so has been out of character. Have I ever told a lie in my 31 years on planet? I’m guilty of doing so and take full responsibility. But it’s exceptionally rare for me to do so.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMisterFlustered View Post

I do like women, very much so.
Yes, I'm sure one will make a great pet for you some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships