Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 10:12 AM

4,217 posts, read 3,766,648 times

Advertisements

You may have a beautiful face and they see your potential.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:17 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ32 View Post
You see men on social media in pictures with skinny chicks. And you see where they like pages that feature ONLY skinny chicks. But then they tell you they are attracted to you and you look nothing like those other women.

What's up with that? I've had two men do that. I'm just trying to understand the real logic behind this.

One guy has been trying to date me for almost a year. Says he is attracted to women who look like me. Yet I checked his social media and he's in pictures with skinny chicks. This is one of the reasons why I haven't gone out with him. This is one of the reasons why I haven't gone out with him.

Another guy I've been having sex with is the same. I see him in pictures on social media with skinny chicks and he likes pages with nothing but skinny chicks. He even married a skinny chick. Yet he says he's attracted to me. What's the deal?

This is so illogical to me and makes no real common sense.
You ever think that the skinny women in his pics may just be friends of his?

You ever think that you may have other qualities that guys like enough about you to cause them to want to take a chance with you despite their unconfirmed preference for skinny women?

And people say I’m cynical.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:43 AM

10,128 posts, read 15,005,385 times
OP, do you seriously take social media as the defining factor of reality?

If that was the case, then everyone's life would be good times all the time. Never sad, never crying, never anything bad; always good. Yeah, right!

I haven't seen a woman in social media that looks as a typical person waking up. You know, the hair is a mess, eye buggers, yellow unbrushed teeth, etc. Not one in social media. It must never happen to people.

Above everything, social media is entertainment. Fun to look at, but that isn't reality in its entirety.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:00 AM

1,058 posts, read 578,723 times
Plenty of guys would date or marry skinny women but hook up with not-so-skinny women on the side.

It’s nothing special. Happened since the break of dawn.

It’s more the question of why you allow yourself to be the person who’s on the side. If it bothers you, don’t allow it, don’t put yourself in that position.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:14 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,006,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
Plenty of guys would date or marry skinny women but hook up with not-so-skinny women on the side.

It’s nothing special. Happened since the break of dawn.

It’s more the question of why you allow yourself to be the person who’s on the side. If it bothers you, don’t allow it, don’t put yourself in that position.
This is very much a wild assumption, not really cool to the OP.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,610 posts, read 81,297,702 times
One phrase that comes to mind when thinking about the libido for many guys is: "any port in a storm."

Old 07-28-2023, 11:36 AM

1,058 posts, read 578,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
This is very much a wild assumption, not really cool to the OP.
Clarification: the “you” didn’t specifically point at the OP. I read it as she meant the guys she met in general, and complained they even married (the second guy) one skinny woman.

My “you” meant women who are not the “skinny women” the OP implied. Perhaps I read it wrong but I didn’t target at the OP. (Although it also read like a humble brag and the “skinny chicks” comment was a tad ____. As a thin woman and a woman in general, I dislike the term “chick”. Not very cool, either.)

Old 07-28-2023, 11:46 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,006,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
Clarification: the “you” didn’t specifically point at the OP. I read it as she meant the guys she met in general, and complained they even married (the second guy) one skinny woman.

My “you” meant women who are not the “skinny women” the OP implied. Perhaps I read it wrong but I didn’t target at the OP. (Although it also read like a humble brag and the “skinny chicks” comment was a tad ____. As a thin woman and a woman in general, I dislike the term “chick”. Not very cool, either.)
Ok no worries!
The OP already seems to have esteem issues about feeling unattractive compared to fantasy types on line.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:30 PM

8,155 posts, read 8,366,540 times
I agree with you. Don’t hook up with guys who post themselves with only slender women. They might date all body types but only display themselves with trophy women on social media. You certainly don’t want to be involved with guys like that. You want to be valued and a person they are proud to let the world know they have in their lives.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:45 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,083,252 times
We're not going to run another thread about weight and body types. Thread closed.

And, OP, don't make sweeping generalizations about an entire gender.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships