Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
When the lioness sets out to find a meal, she doesn't make complex plans - she uses her natural talents. Since a Taoist seeks to emulate nature, the latter is far more preferable.
This reminds me of something I'll elaborate more on later.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This reminds me of something I'll elaborate more on later.
Uh-oh...

Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Fear of rejection. Having been rejected before.

As a child of divorce, I have to admit I'm familiar with this behavior. My father left so I think men will leave. Sometimes we test the waters. If he leaves, then it reinforces our belief. This is immature behavior BTW. Women should outgrow it.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Don't they know that if you harass and treat somebody like dirt it is going to backfire? A person like me will get ticked off and deeply injured and I'm not afraid to reject the person and make them feel ashamed nor am I afraid to guilt trip somebody who does that to me...

I've been rejected before and dealing with somebody who harasses and pesters me is a sure fire way of making me feel damaged and rejected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Fear of rejection. Having been rejected before.

As a child of divorce, I have to admit I'm familiar with this behavior. My father left so I think men will leave. Sometimes we test the waters. If he leaves, then it reinforces our belief. This is immature behavior BTW. Women should outgrow it.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:45 PM

That is the opposite of me. I can't stand "intensity". I seriously get physically ill, nauseous, depressed, hurt.etc. I like peace and harmony.

Quote:
Addictive relationships are relationships that mistake intensity for romance and love. You have somebody fearing abandonment chasing someone fearing engulfment, the one thing that is going to come out of that is intensity.

In addictive relationships you have the controller and the pleaser. The controller is the addict the pleaser is the love addict. The controller is the one who says: sit down and shut up. The pleaser is really a manipulator who gets people to sit down and shut up without telling them, which drives the addict insane. It drives the addict crazy. It also helps to create intensity, which is what everybody is after, because nobody wants to face the reality of who you are and who they are. And nobody wants to act like an adult.

++++++how far down can you fall++++++

Obviously, most people do not think or read about this stuff while they’re younger and/or happy and not many will admit to it being true, either.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,932 times
So, women are mean to men they date and then there is the whole "women prefer the bad guys" thing. So, doesn't this mean that women are usually mean to bad guys, cuz the good guys don't get dates? Ahh, see how solid my logic is there? Solid, I tell ya! lol

Rats, can't finish my thoughts, cuz the baby's awake. Till next time!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM

you made no sense at all. I'm gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
So, women are mean to men they date and then there is the whole "women prefer the bad guys" thing. So, doesn't this mean that women are usually mean to bad guys, cuz the good guys don't get dates? Ahh, see how solid my logic is there? Solid, I tell ya! lol

Rats, can't finish my thoughts, cuz the baby's awake. Till next time!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Don't they know that if you harass and treat somebody like dirt it is going to backfire? A person like me will get ticked off and deeply injured and I'm not afraid to reject the person and make them feel ashamed nor am I afraid to guilt trip somebody who does that to me...

I've been rejected before and dealing with somebody who harasses and pesters me is a sure fire way of making me feel damaged and rejected...
I think it has to do with psychological damage. If you'll take us at our worst then I guess you'll stick around when we're at our best???

I know I did my share of pushing guys away when I was younger. My dad left. Why wouldn't I expect them to leave? They all did except for the one I married. If he could take me at my worst, I knew he could take me at my best.

I know, doesn't make sense but I don't think we make much sense when we're young. Everything is emotions and we respond to ghosts from our past.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I like peace and harmony.
No kiddin'! Somebody may believe ya, but it ain't gonna be me... Sorry.

I wouldn't be surprised if you sincerely think so, though.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:55 PM

being mean I see

Quote:
No kiddin'! Somebody may believe ya, but it ain't gonna be me... Sorry.

I wouldn't be surprised if you sincerely think so, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships