Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 09:56 PM

588 posts, read 321,995 times

Advertisements

Depends how much you liked the person and how promising it looked. Does not hurt to do date 2 and reevaluate how you feel after.

I would not hold it against him for blocking after a few days. He probably was disappointed unless he didn’t care that much.

If you msg him and he doesn’t reply you didn’t lose anything. You followed through as planned.

Hard to say if it’s for the best or not because you don’t know him.

At least you find out yes/no instead of wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2023, 08:42 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Why not just text the number he gave you and say....I would have gotten back to you sooner but my Dad ended up in the hospital this weekend and I was with him.

Why would it be creepy or weird? If he thinks it is it would say a lot more about you than him. With all the dating you do why aren't you more confident about how you should proceed with your dates? They are just people.
It's honest to God not supposed to be this difficult.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:19 AM

18 posts, read 8,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
From his perspective, YOU ghosted him, so he unmatched as he was "put off".
As a man, I would not respond to a message from a woman on Instagram if I realized that my Instagram and dating profile portray two different people. However, if I were honest in both my dating profile and Instagram account, I would be happy to hear from a woman, especially a woman I have been on a date with.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:42 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Well look on the bright side...there are obviously enough other guys out there to have first dates with so no loss. (Whether you like them enough for a second date is another story...)

Glad your dad is ok.

Old 11-02-2023, 02:05 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,046,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Several people had said this, and I think I would have reacted much like the OP. If my dad was in the hospital in an emergency situation, my first thought would not be, "I have to get in touch with that guy I had one date with!" I would be with family and my phone would not be my top priority.
Of course during the initial emergency absolutely not, that would not be on anyone's mind. But, after the admission and a several day hospital stay, IF she were interested, she could have used 2-4 seconds to send a text. She wasn't at all interested until she realized he rejected her. Rutrow. Then it was ON.

Old 11-02-2023, 02:13 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,046,225 times
OTOH, there are probably also people who would be like, "OMG, your dad is in the hospital and might not make it but you're spending your time sending text messages to dudes you only went on one date with?"

That is ridiculous. All we were saying is that during a hospital stay, you are not always with your loved one, they are taken for tests, they sleep, they walk them up and down the hall, they eat. It would not be rude or disrespectful to the loved one to take a few minutes and catch up on messages, whether it be dating app, facebook, messenger, tick-tock, whatever......... the point is that she never attempted to explain anything to him at all for (if I remember correctly) a few days? Nope. Not buying that. She was rejected and couldn't take it. I've seen this sort of thing a hundred times. She could have said " hey, I had a good time. Right now I'm with my Dad in the hospital and not a good time to talk but I will be in touch if you would like." THE END. Let's see, that took what 4-5 seconds?

Old 11-02-2023, 03:10 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
OTOH, there are probably also people who would be like, "OMG, your dad is in the hospital and might not make it but you're spending your time sending text messages to dudes you only went on one date with?"

That is ridiculous. All we were saying is that during a hospital stay, you are not always with your loved one, they are taken for tests, they sleep, they walk them up and down the hall, they eat. It would not be rude or disrespectful to the loved one to take a few minutes and catch up on messages, whether it be dating app, facebook, messenger, tick-tock, whatever......... the point is that she never attempted to explain anything to him at all for (if I remember correctly) a few days? Nope. Not buying that. She was rejected and couldn't take it. I've seen this sort of thing a hundred times. She could have said " hey, I had a good time. Right now I'm with my Dad in the hospital and not a good time to talk but I will be in touch if you would like." THE END. Let's see, that took what 4-5 seconds?
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships