Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 01:43 PM

835 posts, read 774,372 times

Advertisements

Ah…..thought this was going to be about horse faced girls…..but was like “damn, that is pretty mean”…..LOL, carry on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 03:18 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,866,838 times
I've had horses and I am a delight.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:47 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
We have 6 horses and a donkey. I have my own horse, my husband has his own and our twin toddlers each have a horse to call their own. Our two older horses retired and are just living out their remaining years as is our rescue donkey. I see another horse in our future for when our infant daughter is old enough to ride.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:10 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
Would the male equivalent be a Harley guy?
Probably so, or a guy with a large boat. Or, Lord knows, there are guys with horses as well.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:15 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
I don't think "horsey" ladies are necessarily to be avoided, but, a guy who has not been around horses much needs to simply understand what all he's getting involved with. Not quite like marrying into the Mob, but, yeah, if you get serious with a horse gal you will need to learn some things. Which ain't necessarily bad.

Although, yeah, a metrosexual downtown kind of guy needs to steer clear, unless he wants to make a clean break with his urbanista lifestyle. Which IMHO would not necessarily be a mistake.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:56 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
No, horse women are not to be avoided, but the man must understand that the woman is involved with a creature that is much more than a cat or dog or parakeet. It takes more to support, in time and money, so the horse woman is more invested in her horse, than perhaps a cat or dog owner. Cat and dog food is available at Wal-Mart in easy-to-carry packaging; for a horse, hundreds of pounds of feed and hay must be sourced elsewhere, and don't forget the water. And plenty of room to roam and graze and play.

My ex loved horses, and learned English on her horse. My experience was Western, which my horse was used to. Still, she and I got along. My ex and I, that is; my mare and I got along just fine always.

Old 09-29-2023, 04:00 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,223,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
Would the male equivalent be a Harley guy?
Golf men... Like the guys obsessed with it. Golf is to golf men what horses are to horse women. Golf women and horse men different things completely

Old 09-29-2023, 06:33 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,393,687 times
There is the casual horse person and then there are the serious horse people.

For the casual horse person, owning and riding horses is more of a hobby. They may pay a fee to have them boarded and cared for by others instead of doing it themselves. Sometimes these horses are more like pets and used for occasional pleasure rides.

Serious horse people usually own horses that are used for breeding, showing, racing, and other competitions. They usually work on or own the farm on which their horses are boarded.

Serious horse people live and breathe this way of life. It's not just a hobby - it's a way of life. They're constantly working with the horses - training them, caring for them, etc. When they aren't training or caring for them, they're going to shows and competitions which happens on weekends and requires traveling most of the time.

While serious horse people are not to be avoided, anyone outside of the horse community who wants to date a serious horse person will also need to adopt this way of life - maybe not full-time but at least part-time.

Last edited by HokieFan; 09-29-2023 at 07:39 AM..

Old 09-29-2023, 07:57 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Hey OP tell us how you really feel.

I think the idea is to educate men about women who are serious horse people. That it IS a lifestyle. A lot of men are not interested in such lifestyle, therefore avoid. If the man isn't really into horses as well he's not going to be fulfilled in that relationship.

There is also some weird kind of jealousy or resentment some men have toward a woman living a lifestyle surrounding a beautiful powerful animal, and the woman's ability to train and control the animal. The men feel inferior or something.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:03 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
If a woman can afford to keep horses without sacrificing everything else, then she’d probably be a great catch because it’s not a lifestyle for weaklings. If she runs herself into the poorhouse just to keep them alive, you might want to stay away. They’re addicting and terribly expensive. They’re definitely a luxury.

I know a few horsewomen who have careers that allow them to pay for food, shelter, vet bills, farriers, and equipment. Their free time is spent on their horses. They can’t take long vacations without a network of associates to help. However, the right person would find it a complimentary lifestyle if he/she is an outdoorsman/woman.

I also know women who are so tied down by their horses that it makes me want to cry. Really pitiful. They probably need a good partner and a huge influx of cash to get out of the hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships