Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

I really think this sort of market can vary regionally. When I was in high school many of the boys in my circle didn't want children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Being a guy that does not want kids your pretty much dead in the water. The best you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Being a guy that does not want kids your pretty much dead in the water. The best you can hope for is to die in your sleep.
Not so. Half the women I know don't want kids.

Wow, people sure give up easily.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I did find a gf that does not want any more kids but 90% of women on match, POF or any other dating site wanted kids. When I did a filter for no kids (as I imagine a lot of other guys were doing) there were not many women.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 PM

393 posts, read 466,654 times
If you're looking to get married or otherwise settle down, and you don't want kids, you have to eventually find someone who feels the same way (no one gets married thinking they'll eventually divorce!). However, if you just want to have girlfriends/boyfriends, there's no reason to bring it up with someone at all. In fact, to do so is a stupid idea since, as others have noted, it will severely cripple your dating life. If they ever want a family, they'll just have to get it from someone else. On a dating site, if you don't want children, I'd recommend putting "Undecided." That way, your chances aren't virtually ruined, and you can still be on the lookout for people who themselves state that they don't want kids.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM

878 posts, read 942,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Even though I'm not really looking, I casually peruse some of these sites to see how many women have refused to buy into the whole "biological clock" social engineering BS (it IS social engineering, designed to keep lots of taxpayers and tithers on the IRS rolls and church pews) and the number who have not is depressingly small.

You do NOT have to have kids and in fact, if you want to be "green" in any way, having kids simply isn't an option. You can't have kids and be green. Sorry to break the news this way, but that's how it is.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coem View Post
I've always known that I don't want to have kids. It's not that I hate them, in fact working with kids is part of my job; I just know that the parenting lifestyle isn't for me.

In my early 20s, this wasn't really a problem when dating girls since at that age, having kids isn't really on people's minds. However, now that I'm in my late 20s, I'm finding that as soon as I tell a girl that I don't want to have kids, she loses interest in me. Is there anyone else who also plans on not having children who has this problem. Anyone know of an online social network/dating site for people like us?
I am 28 years old, and to be completely honest, I don't know if having children is part of my future plan. However, that does not mean I won't change my mind in the future.

Are you sure you are not going to change your mind? Late 20s is still very very young. Maybe you shouldn't rule out the possibility of having children in the future 100%. My brother never thought he would want any children, but when my nephew came, he became the world's best father.

Maybe you should just tell the girls that you are undecided which in all honesty, is perhaps the closest to reality.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Well I don't want kids which means my dating options are

1. Date attractive women who are 37-43 who is a parent of a teenager

2. Date attractive women who are 25-29 who is not ready for kids yet

The End

Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well I don't want kids which means my dating options are

1. Date attractive women who are 37-43 who is a parent of a teenager

2. Date attractive women who are 25-29 who is not ready for kids yet

The End
There are women like me who are in the 25-29 range and don't want kids period-ever.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are women like me who are in the 25-29 range and don't want kids period-ever.
But not very many. Then if you throw my sexual fetishes in there the odds are even lower lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships