Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 02:46 PM

250 posts, read 148,109 times

Advertisements

This is a vent more than anything but its gnawing at me! I had to call the IT department for a problem I was having with my internet the other day. The girl's voice immediately got my attention in a way that made me think she was someone I would find attractive. I dismissed that thought because I was calling IT for help, not a dating service. Anyway, at one point she said there would be 10-15 minutes that it would take for her to run a test and gave me her number in case the call was dropped. I didn't right it down. SO, after a couple of seconds into the test, she asked how the weather was where I live. From there, the conversation took off. It was very comfortable like we "clicked." Nothing romantic was said but we talked well past the "test" she had to run. We talked like two people interested in one another's lives and it felt "right" somehow. If someone would have been in the room they'd have teased me after hanging up saying "somebody's got a girlfriend!" lol I've talked to IT people and others on phone calls where we chatted but this was way different. It was like we were holding back because it was an IT call for goodness sake! Eventually, she brought up the test and as it turned out, I would need a tech to come by my house. She was back in "work mode" then, explaining various things. Then we said our good byes but it was like "we" were back in the non-professional mode which wasn't inappropriate but just like two people that don't want to end the call...but we did. It was like she said "good bye" 3-4 times in a soft voice and each time saying something like "i really enjoyed talking to you." I returned the sentiments. I feel silly about this but I can't get it off my mind and wish I would have asked to talk more to her when she's not working. What can ya do? Nothing I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2023, 03:16 PM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
This is definitely NOT a intimate relationship issue.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:20 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
But it IS a romantic issue. :-)

OP, these kind of interactions can make a day, a week, etc. They're fun, and I'm glad you 'got' to have it.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:24 PM

2,050 posts, read 996,765 times
^^Could be. Phone flirting does exist.

Years ago I worked a job where at the end of every day I had to call our stock order in. I usually got connected with the same guy and our calls became very friendly, even talking far beyond that day's stock order. At some point we met in real life, I think it was an industry convention where we all showed up. We definitely did not click in real life.

It was sort of like reading a book or true story and picturing one of the characters in your head, then seeing or meeting the actual person and it's not at all what you envisioned.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:30 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
I'd just chalk it up to a fun human interaction. They're nice.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:33 PM

1,852 posts, read 877,514 times
She was nice and had time to shoot the shizit with a customer.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:53 PM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I'd just chalk it up to a fun human interaction. They're nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
She was nice and had time to shoot the shizit with a customer.

Yep.
I have those kinds of phone conversations all the time, with guys and gals.
Some good human interaction, but nothing close to being a relationship.
Just some sunshine foe a dreary day...

Old 10-26-2023, 10:10 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,040,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Maybe not, but he's clearly asking what our thoughts are as far as getting back in touch with her and that could become something. People get into relationships by things like this all the time. No need to blast him out so fast.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:34 AM

6,855 posts, read 4,853,645 times
She could have a lively voice and yet when you see her in person you could find her unattractive. You should call her up and ask her out right now. Or ask her to send you photos. That would be smart! @@

Old 10-27-2023, 03:26 PM

6,453 posts, read 3,971,294 times
Oh dear. OP, don't "dwell." Even if there was something there... the situation wasn't right. This was a business interaction, not a personal one. It was great to talk to her, sucks that it didn't work out, but oh well. Nothing to dwell on... just smile because you got to talk to someone cool and let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships