Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you come in term or maybe accept that you'll never be in relationship or relationship again?
Yes 2 22.22%
No 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 09:59 AM

147 posts, read 113,092 times

Advertisements

I am happily single but I am just human and from time to time I do miss being in relationship. I believe I am single for two or maybe three years , I think.

Yes I have gone to dating etc etc etc but not really interested in any of them.

Anyone in here have comes in terms or maybe accept that you'll never be in relationship or in relationship again?

Old 12-06-2023, 10:12 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,654,940 times
I was that way when I met my now husband.

Dating yes, relationship no.

I was fine with it too.

I've never been keen on relationships as it's hard for me to be around someone all the time. I need time alone.

But he's busy and active so I do get small bits of time to myself and it's worked out.

But if we hadn't met and married, I'd be happily single which I expected to be until I met him.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:14 AM

22,610 posts, read 47,726,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
I am happily single but I am just human and from time to time I do miss being in relationship. I believe I am single for two or maybe three years , I think.
Four years, according to this thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psyc...-need-man.html

Old 12-06-2023, 10:24 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,826,008 times
I don't want to start over again. I miss my exinlaws. Not my ex though. I don't want to have to meet family and friends of someone and get close and something else happen. Just easier on my blood pressure and overall life enjoyment to be single. I wouldn't mind finding a date buddy, someone just to do dinners with once in a while.

Old 12-06-2023, 11:12 AM

147 posts, read 113,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Four years, according to this thread.

ha four years then

Old 12-06-2023, 11:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
I’ve 80% called it a day on any hope of a relationship. The last time I got close was over the summer but she wanted kids badly which was a non-starter for me. Matches on dating apps are totally non-existent now, trying to be more social in Charlotte but not meeting any available prospects. I’ve tried to brace myself that romantic love probably is just not in the cards for me and focus on other things.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:05 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,979,018 times
I was alway kind of a relationship phobe, but then…..I fooled around and fell in love. lol

Old 12-06-2023, 01:17 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,160,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post

Yes I have gone to dating etc etc etc but not really interested in any of them.

Anyone in here have comes in terms or maybe accept that you'll never be in relationship or in relationship again?
Do whatever makes you happy. You have posted that you are far happier outside of relationships than inside a relationship. Why would you want to be less happy? Do whatever you want. If you thin it feels right, go for a relationship. If not, enjoy your single life. I suspect anyone can be in a relationship if they want.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:46 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,156,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Do whatever makes you happy. You have posted that you are far happier outside of relationships than inside a relationship. Why would you want to be less happy? Do whatever you want. If you thin it feels right, go for a relationship. If not, enjoy your single life. I suspect anyone can be in a relationship if they want.
To the last point: sure they can. For awhile. If they choose poorly, or are simply unlucky, that unravels quickly enough.

To the question, one guy's perspective, mid 50s, 2023:

* Marriage isn't too clever RE divorce laws in various states and most of Canada. Losing half of what I own to a spouse isn't in the cards. I don't suggest all women would do such a thing, but what concerns me is any woman can, at her whim.

* The gross entitlement and odd ideas of 40-somethings these days doesn't impress me. I don't sign up for "emotional problems" or "antidepressants." Nor "boxed wine" and 11 more cats. Athletic or bust, as I am, meaning someone fully engaged w/healthy life habits vs. blame-game and other useless behavior. There's a few out there though the dating pool is smaller than I thought.

Thank God for the rise in availability of FWB to solve the physical needs. My emotional needs are solved via various athletics-related social groups. The latter is new to me in 2023, a choice I made: my Year of Yes.

The three needs I have from women are mostly resolved: parenting (count me out), bring warmth and beauty to my life and support me on my purpose (I do miss this), and physical affection (see above). 2/3 ain't bad. Should I want the middle item, I have friendly women around to draw a bit of that energy from.

Old 12-06-2023, 02:37 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I was alway kind of a relationship phobe, but then…..I fooled around and fell in love. lol
I remember that!! I am so glad you have found true love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships